HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did you know that hyperbole isn't in the dictionary?

monkeyrimshot.gif

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Believe me: I have no doubt that a plethora of posters will remind us all about Josh Sitton's name the first time the new LG misses an assignment.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Gil Brandt said last night that he thinks there are 8 potential starters at center in the draft this year. One of the deepest drafts for center he had ever seen.

I think a solid plan is Whitehair moves back to G, and we draft a center in the mid rounds.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Are you high? Unless we are landing Andrew Norwell there isn't a chance in hell people merely forget about Josh Sitton because no player is likely to give you his production. You're batshit crazy if you think guards of Sitton's caliber are readily replaced.

But you don't know how Sitton would look in this offense now do you? Just because he produces one way in one system does not mean it transfers to another. In this case we have an Oline coach who is pretty much universally considered one of the best in the business. I'm willing to cut him some slack and wait for the final product.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Gil Brandt said last night that he thinks there are 8 potential starters at center in the draft this year. One of the deepest drafts for center he had ever seen.

I think a solid plan is Whitehair moves back to G, and we draft a center in the mid rounds.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Price and Wynn have both played multiple positions along the offensive line in college. So even if you wanted to keep Whitehair at C, either of those two at #39 give you a lot of flexibility. Oh yeah, it also fits a past Pace drafting practice.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
But you don't know how Sitton would look in this offense now do you? Just because he produces one way in one system does not mean it transfers to another. In this case we have an Oline coach who is pretty much universally considered one of the best in the business. I'm willing to cut him some slack and wait for the final product.

Maybe Hiestand flat out doesn't think Sitton fits into the system they will be running.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
it seems very likely that whitehair moves to LG and a center is draft and or signed in free agency. like others have mentioned if your oline coach hiestand is saying we can move on from sitton why not trust the guy whos supposedly one of the best oline coaches in the country.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Please do not move Whitehair. I am begging the Bears not to move him. The dude is a stud at C.

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
I question the fact that so far they announced cuts and no additions. Some of those cuts just make sense (Glennon being the most obvious), but it worries me when you're pruning hard and don't have replacements.

Windy is right. Why cut Sitton until you have a replacement? They have no one on the team who's better, so they must be planning on getting someone in FA or draft. So get the person and THEN cut Sitton. Even if Sitton doesn't fit the new scheme, you still have no one better. So you make do with the best you have.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Please do not move Whitehair. I am begging the Bears not to move him. The dude is a stud at C.

You seem to be the only other person besides me and Whitehair himself that want to see him stay at center.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I question the fact that so far they announced cuts and no additions. Some of those cuts just make sense (Glennon being the most obvious), but it worries me when you're pruning hard and don't have replacements.

Windy is right. Why cut Sitton until you have a replacement? They have no one on the team who's better, so they must be planning on getting someone in FA or draft. So get the person and THEN cut Sitton. Even if Sitton doesn't fit the new scheme, you still have no one better. So you make do with the best you have.

Nobody can officially be signed until March 14th. They are literally not allowed to make an addition via FA.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember when the entire team was going to get stuck down by Zeus when we dumped Slauson?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You seem to be the only other person besides me and Whitehair himself that want to see him stay at center.

I think whitehair is just fine at center and they will move on without slauson and the sun will still rise in the east.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Remember when the entire team was going to get stuck down by Zeus when we dumped Slauson?

It was around the same time we heard that Pace was an idiot because Whitehair had T-Rex arms.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:

I want Leno, LG, Whitehair, Long, RT. And I want no talk of "just getting the best 5 guys on the field" followed by Whitehair or Long moving position right before week 1.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
He's a question I can propose... everyone wants youth at the OL but if history reminds itself we had Tait/Brown/Kruetz/Garza/Miller, 4 of the 5 weren't exactly young and they were all pro bowlers aside from Miller. Maybe this was a bad move.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
He's a question I can propose... everyone wants youth at the OL but if history reminds itself we had Tait/Brown/Kruetz/Garza/Miller, 4 of the 5 weren't exactly young and they were all pro bowlers aside from Miller. Maybe this was a bad move.

Did you happen to forget that line went to absolute shit in 07 as well? Ya know, two years after it was put together.