Bears rank dead last in YAC

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For anyone complaining about Fields passing yards, look not further than this stat. This right here is the biggest issue with Matt Nagy's offense and play designs. How often do we see a Bears WR catch the ball on the run or with space to move up field? Almost never. It's always Mooney or AR standing in the middle of the field with their back to the endzone waiting to be pummeled by defenders. Or it's a catch with the WR heading straight out of bounds with no chance to turn it up field. Anyone blaming the lack of yards on Fields is a simpleton.

Capture.PNG

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's also the effect of running the ball more. Doesn't help Field's pass accuracy is below average. Not ALL HIS FAULT but still it hasn't been there.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Surprised the Lions are ranked so high
Yeah, a bit of an anomaly lol. I haven't watched any Lions game to really offer any explanation. The other top 10 teams are pretty solid offenses.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’ll also add I think it’s huge red flag how low Buffalo is on this list, Baltimore isn’t looking to great as well. Two HC candidates there, something to look into for sure.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It's also the effect of running the ball more. Doesn't help Field's pass accuracy is below average. Not ALL HIS FAULT but still it hasn't been there.

Ehh fields accuracy overall has been fine. He's thrown a bunch of yards that were placed great for YAC, something mitch struggled with.

It's fucked up tho. You watch the niners and they got all their players running wide open. Then you watch us and every WR and TE, on a weekly basis, looks like they are stuck to the defender with velcro. Pathetic. That makes YAC nearly impossible.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not many YAC opportunities when 90% of our passing concepts are comeback routes.
Nagy literally plays into the defenses stregths and allows them to sit in zone. It has been slightly better since Lazor took over, this game against the 49ers was best to date. I bet it returns to the same bullshit next week.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not many YAC opportunities when 90% of our passing concepts are comeback routes.
Exactly. And these comeback routes take time to develop, which is why Fields has to hold onto the ball for so long and eat sacks.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not sure this means anything. You have good offenses and good coordinators all over this list.

talking about the stats themselves. Agree about Nagy and his routes

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not sure this means anything. You have good offenses and good coordinators all over this list.

talking about the stats themselves. Agree about Nagy and his routes
Well, people were complaining yesterday that Fields had the same amount of completions as Jimmy, yet 100+ less yards. This is the reason.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Ball is getting to the WRs late and the routes aren’t good for YAC. Plus the screen game here is god fucking awful. OL can’t run them either.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well, people were complaining yesterday that Fields had the same amount of completions as Jimmy, yet 100+ less yards. This is the reason.
The Bears defense may have had something to do with this.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears don't run yac routes on a regular basis.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Bears don't run yac routes on a regular basis.

just writing this I hope you had a tear in your eye. It’s so mind bogglingly stupid.

^i meant the bears offensive scheme not you yourself.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ball is getting to the WRs late and the routes aren’t good for YAC. Plus the screen game here is god fucking awful. OL can’t run them either.
They finally got it right and penalty

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This is a passing offense not seen in the NFL since the late 1970's. The Bears are on pace for 127.37 passing yards/game. A team hasn't been that inept since 1979.

1635784727433.png

At 4.3Y/A, they are set to shatter a 50+ year old record by an unheard of 0.6 Y/A:

1635785031348.png

Generationally bad