ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

"My second favorite quarterback in the NFL Draft was Justin Fields," Baldinger said. "I listen to everything that [Bears head coach] Matt Nagy said and I don’t believe any of it. It’s not a knock on [current starter] Andy Dalton. We know what Dalton is going to do for you. But Justin Fields is like pure juice. He’s got it all."

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

"My second favorite quarterback in the NFL Draft was Justin Fields," Baldinger said. "I listen to everything that [Bears head coach] Matt Nagy said and I don’t believe any of it. It’s not a knock on [current starter] Andy Dalton. We know what Dalton is going to do for you. But Justin Fields is like pure juice. He’s got it all."

Well he probably should. Unfortunately Nagy is stupid enough to start Dalton even if Fields will be ready.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Baldinger says that Fields’ teammates will let the coaching staff know when he’s ready to play.

"Khalil Mack will let you know. Eddie Jackson will let you know. The players always know when the kid is ready to play," Baldinger explained. "I don’t know if he starts Week 1. I don’t think he has to start Week 1. It’s a 17-game schedule. They have a good defense. They can keep the score down. I think Dalton goes out there for the month of September, but I think eventually Justin Fields is going to take over."

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's Nagy supposed to say? He's keeping the world off their backs (Nagy, assist. coaches, Fields, Dalton, etc.).

If he announces open competition, they'll over-scrutinize every damn throw, step, etc. Isn't it better to let Fields learn at his own pace? Also worlds better as is for Dalton, who's already a lame duck as it is. Nagy may be "lying to us", but WTH cares? We all want the best result w/ Fields - even if many are impatient.

+ Don't we want the new OL Ts to figure shit out before throwing Fields to the wolves? I'm cool with Dalton taking that on and getting the run game going and figuring out WR3 battle.
+ Camp reps mean shit compared to real games. There's only 4 live hitting practices allowed!!! FOUR! Worthless.

We all know Fields will come in at some point.

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's Nagy supposed to say? He's keeping the world off their backs (Nagy, assist. coaches, Fields, Dalton, etc.).

If he announces open competition, they'll over-scrutinize every damn throw, step, etc. Isn't it better to let Fields learn at his own pace? Also better worlds better as is for Dalton, who's already a lame duck as it is. Nagy may be "lying to us", but WTH cares? We all want the best result w/ Fields - even if many are impatient.

+ Don't we want the new OL Ts to figure shit out before throwing Fields to the wolves? I'm cool with Dalton taking that on and getting the run game going and figuring out WR3 battle.
+ Camp reps mean shit compared to real games. There's only 4 live hitting practices allowed!!! FOUR! Worthless.

yeah

I'm not tryna fluff Nagy, but it is pretty cool how he IS taking the whole fan and media shitstorm on his own shoulders instead of just dumping it all on the QB like we have seen so many times around here

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And Baldy gets this shit wrong as much as any analyst. Guess who he liked in 2017.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
we all hoping for a 10 to 20 year epic career for Fields. yet so many are obsessed with hand wringing over his first couple games. Its weird.
I think it is more wanting the best players on the field from day one. In this case it is Fields if he is ready.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
we all hoping for a 10 to 20 year epic career for Fields. yet so many are obsessed with hand wringing over his first couple games. Its weird.
While other people are just throwing away 2021 without even thinking that the defense might be shit in 2022 and beyond.

What happens if Fields comes in mid season, but Dalton had put the team so far back in the rankings that the Bears do not make the playoff by a game or so, and the following year the defense has been gutted and Fields loses shootouts because the defense can't stop anyone?

So 10 to 20 years later, Packer fans are laughing at the Bears for wasting Fields' franchise career with crappy defenses.

The Bears in 2021 need to be shooting for the playoffs, be it with Dalton or Fields. Once in the playoffs, even as a wild card team, anything can happen (the Super Bowl has already been won by a wild card team).

Visionman

Liked Posts:
While other people are just throwing away 2021 without even thinking that the defense might be shit in 2022 and beyond.

What happens if Fields comes in mid season, but Dalton had put the team so far back in the rankings that the Bears do not make the playoff by a game or so, and the following year the defense has been gutted and Fields loses shootouts because the defense can't stop anyone?

So 10 to 20 years later, Packer fans are laughing at the Bears for wasting Fields' franchise career with crappy defenses.

The Bears in 2021 need to be shooting for the playoffs, be it with Dalton or Fields. Once in the playoffs, even as a wild card team, anything can happen (the Super Bowl has already been won by a wild card team).
So you’re saying we should Mortgage the future to go all in this year?

mecha

Liked Posts:

If he announces open competition, they'll over-scrutinize every damn throw, step, etc. Isn't it better to let Fields learn at his own pace? Also worlds better as is for Dalton, who's already a lame duck as it is. Nagy may be "lying to us", but WTH cares? We all want the best result w/ Fields - even if many are impatient.

this.

sidenote: I'm curious what the random switch to a 17 game season is going to do for preseason now. I guess it will eliminate the "2nd game". when they go to 18 that's going to really mess up the talent evaluation cause you'll have like a half real game and a game against the Browns where you have to cut 30 people at once.

putting Dalton out there to shore up the line and whatever else is probably the smart move. but with the way he was Twatter marketed as the definitive QB1, that was silly.