Bears rookie Justin Fields is 'pure juice,' NFL analyst says

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
For Dalton to run the offense for a significant amount of games, it will mean that Matt Nagy has to put together a competent NFL offense that evolves and changes. This would also mean coaching a bunch of new OL which has never been his strength. In short, there is little chance that Dalton looks very good at all.

We will see Fields soon enough.
A bunch of new OL? Explain this please

Canth

Liked Posts:
Do you understand that his snaps in practice are going to be limited, severely limited?

The collective bargaining agreement has cut out much of what was considered practice. Nowadays, there are very few contact days allowed, and, if you don't follow the rules, the head coach and the team pays substantial fines.

So the head coach does not want to throw away tens to hundreds of thousands of dollar, he has to give his QB1 some amount of live snaps. Do you seriously think that he is going to split the few live snaps allowed between two QBs in training camp? Fields might get some live snaps when the team is in shells.

Once the season starts, it is going to get worse. QB1 is going to take all of the limited snaps.

If it were the old time training camp with unlimited snaps, two or three training camp sessions per day, I could see even Foles getting a good share of snaps. In that situation, Fields could show great talent, some talent or a lot of work that would be required.

Now, it is get Dalton ready, if he is not good during the season, have Fields take his snaps the next week or wait until the bye week to give him some snaps. Try to figure out what you have with Fields once he is given a fair amount of snaps.

I guess that Nagy makes some plays specifically for Fields like Santa's Little Bazooka that Fields can run during the season.

I hope that Dalton can do well enough to keep the Bears in games, and Fields can show that he memorized the playbook so he can have a quick turnaround as the new starter if he is needed.

Wait. Are you now suggesting that Fields, as the qb2, will get almost no snaps in training camp? I get the argument that once the season starts, there are very few snaps for anyone other than qb1. But in training camp? Come on now.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Wait. Are you now suggesting that Fields, as the qb2, will get almost no snaps in training camp? I get the argument that once the season starts, there are very few snaps for anyone other than qb1. But in training camp? Come on now.

Without it being declared a qb competition he will get some snaps with the backups . Remember last year with Mitch and Nick and how the split all of the first team reps . Dalton will get all those reps now and Fields will get some reps with the backups .

The issue many have is that instead of spending every single snap and resource preparing Fields to play they are preparing Dalton to give us the same mediocre play we've been trying to get away from for decades.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He will get snaps, but the majority will go to Dalton. I guess I wasn't clear there

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He will get snaps, but the majority will go to Dalton. I guess I wasn't clear there

I think you can say that to start training camp but if Fields looks dominant in his reps and in preseason that could change fast.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Saying Fields is "pure juice" is one of those phrases that I will enjoy for a long time.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I never understood why juice is a good thing. Tupac had the juice in that movie juice, he turned into an asshole and then died. Keep away from the juice if anything

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think you can say that to start training camp but if Fields looks dominant in his reps and in preseason that could change fast.
I would hope so, but Nagy is going to try to do exactly what happened in KC, because he cannot think outside the box and the box is KC.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I never understood why juice is a good thing. Tupac had the juice in that movie juice, he turned into an asshole and then died. Keep away from the juice if anything
When I first saw the title, I thought that Fields had been caught taking some prohibited drug.

Thankfully, he is juiced in some positive way.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I'd rather later than sooner. This summer has been pretty amazing and I'd happily forego watching Bears football for another year if it meant this vibe maintains.
I was vibin this Summer until today.

I'll get the vibe back tho.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
When I first saw the title, I thought that Fields had been caught taking some prohibited drug.

Thankfully, he is juiced in some positive way.

He would be the dude caught for steroids instead of recreational drugs

Because he's dedicated, that's the type of drug user you want on your team

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Why did you change your username but continue to post Special person stuff?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Why did you change your username but continue to post Special person stuff?

Because posting Special person stuff is fun and my old username made people think I'm Japanese. I dont want to culturally appropriate.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Because posting Special person stuff is fun and my old username made people think I'm Japanese. I dont want to culturally appropriate.
Nobody thought you were Japanese.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

I would prefer that there weren't any illegal substances used.