Bears seriously interested Brock Bowers

greg23

Liked Posts:
I like the strategy

Talk up interest in a non-valued position in the top 10.....then trade down with nyj or no for the "haul"

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Are you trying to suggest that, if Hernandez were not a murdering scumbag, the Patriots would not have won those 3 with Gronk?
Just pointing out that having 3 viable TE’s, or even 2, is as important as some on this board make it out to be. I’d rather have another #1WR on a rookie contract over Bowers

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I like the strategy

Talk up interest in a non-valued position in the top 10.....then trade down with nyj or no for the "haul"
I really think Poles is trying to play the Jets for a 4th round pick in a mini-trade down.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
I feel better at the thought of taking Bowers this year than I did about taking Bijan last year. The situations feel similar to me where you're considering spending a premium pick on a position that is not currently a need for this team, but the player IS considered a phenomenal talent.

Overall, I will feel good if the Bears take OL, DL, WR, or Bowers. Take a "blue chip" dude, that's all I ask. If the #9 pick is announced and I haven't heard the player's name before, that will be turrible.

hckypro19ja

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wouldnt be mad about the pick. What is the one common theme for both Brady and Mahommes during their times of dominance (with a lot of Super Bowl wins)?? A very dominant TE...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Dane Brugler on Bowers from The Beast mock draft:

“10. New York Jets: Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia​

If you focus only on the “TE” positional designation here, you might not love this pick. But if you pay attention to the dynamic impact Bowers can bring to an offense, this isn’t a hard sell. The Napa, Calif., native is as much a tight end as he is a slot receiver who can also block inline or line up outside. The Jets are in a win-now mindset, and Bowers makes the offense better from day one.”

Yogi

Liked Posts:
The Bowers discourse has me realizing people are totally overlooking Pitts when they reference him as a reason not to draft TEs in the 1st.

Dude is only 23 and already has a 1,000 yard season and was their leading receiver in his only year with a viable QB, and is constantly mentioned in the "look at all of ATL's weapons if they only had a QB" talk this offseason. Kelce and Kittle weren't even drafted yet at his age entering his 4th season.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Just pointing out that having 3 viable TE’s, or even 2, is as important as some on this board make it out to be. I’d rather have another #1WR on a rookie contract over Bowers
I would probably rather want Odunze over Bowers too, but, like you said, "having 3 viable TEs, or even 2, IS as important as some on this board make it out to be".

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I would probably rather want Odunze over Bowers too, but, like you said, "having 3 viable TEs, or even 2, IS as important as some on this board make it out to be".
I meant to say is not as important. Having a true #1 WR on a rookie contract next season is more important than Bowers on the roster since Kmet is already entrenched.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Wouldnt be mad about the pick. What is the one common theme for both Brady and Mahommes during their times of dominance (with a lot of Super Bowl wins)?? A very dominant TE...
And great protection from their offensive line.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just sitting back hoping the Bears do the right thing. 8 more days.