Bears seriously interested Brock Bowers

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I hope Odunze and Bowers are both on the board at 9 and the Bears trade down…. just to watch CCS and Bears Twitter 🔥
I also hope for this but for Bowers to fall to the Bears pick and the Bears picking him ... just to watch CCS and Bears twitter do a complete about face on Poles.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I also hope for this but for Bowers to fall to the Bears pick and the Bears picking him ... just to watch CCS and Bears twitter do a complete about face on Poles.

About face? Meaning people won’t like him or something?

Washington

Liked Posts:
Why? Could you imagine Wright and Latham run blocking next to each other? I want an OL that just bullies people.

I want an OL that allows for the QB to have time to throw. JF ran for his life the last couple of years and I am expecting the same with CW as it sits now. I saw enough of Jones getting pushed back into the pocket to know they need better at LT and I saw enough of the C(s) getting manhandled too. I am not convinced yet there has been a big upgrade at C but I am happy Poles is trying. I don't believe the team can win with the OL as it sits now.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
About face? Meaning people won’t like him or something?
Absolutely.

Imagine Rome, Alt or Nabers being available at 9 and Poles trading down from 9 anyways. CCS and Twitter would be extremely negative about Poles passing on one of these players.

Now imagine that one of them is available at their trade down spot and Poles drafts that player anyhow while getting some extra draft capital. CCS and Twitter would call Poles a draft god.

An absolute about face.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
Just pointing out that having 3 viable TE’s, or even 2, is as important as some on this board make it out to be. I’d rather have another #1WR on a rookie contract over Bowers
Completely agree. Really like the idea of a stud WR on rookie deal w/the other 2 older stud WRs who are making coin.

Also prefer DL here over TE, see that as more of a needed area of improvement.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Why? Could you imagine Wright and Latham run blocking next to each other? I want an OL that just bullies people.
Ahh, Bears fans. No matter how many rules they make favoring the passing offense, and no matter that we have two all-pro caliber WRs and a shiny new QB....they can't stop dreaming of running the ball.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Absolutely.

Imagine Rome, Alt or Nabers being available at 9 and Poles trading down from 9 anyways. CCS and Twitter would be extremely negative about Poles passing on one of these players.

Now imagine that one of them is available at their trade down spot and Poles drafts that player anyhow while getting some extra draft capital. CCS and Twitter would call Poles a draft god.

An absolute about face.
Unfortunately, for many, once they decided he made a mistake trading down, if he still drafted the guy they wanted at 9, they'd claim he was dumb and lucky.

But there are a few players we have said we'd be happy with at 9 that will actually be available lower if the Bears trade down. That would be a home run first round.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think Bowers is gonna fall along farther than fans expect.
When you're a 6-3 slot WR who can't get separation you're going to struggle against NFL CBs.

Remember the name Jaylin Conyers for 2025, he was at Arizona State but he just took more money to go to Texas Tech.

He's big fast and tacklers tend to bounce off of him like bowling pins.