Bears Sign Breshad Perriman

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Poor Rodney Adams got cut. Looks like they're going to try to sign him to the practice squad. Love to the story but I'm sure I'll forget about it once the season starts.

Still, hell of a first effort attempting to come back to the NFL

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Signing a vet like Perriman takes away opportunities for younger players who may turn out to be something to show it.
Yeah all this gems pace stashes in his naughty purse

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So, if you have Arod and Perriman out wide, Mooney in the slot, who is WR2?

Mooney because he plays more snaps. You seem confused. In 2 WR sets it will be ARob and Mooney. In 3 WR sets, it will be ARob, Mooney and one of Byrd, Goodwin, and Perriman in that order most likely.

Trying to pretend Byrd, Goodwin or Perriman are the WR2 simply if they line up outside is football stupid. By this logic if Mooney and Goodwin are outside and ARob is in the slot, you would stupidly argue that ARob is WR3.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
No, I think it goes ARob, Mooney, Goodwin, Byrd, Perriman. He is depth. In 3 or more WR sets, I think it will be ARob or Mooney in the slot as Goodwin, Byrd and Perriman have all largely been outside WRs. So I suspect you use them on the outside to clear out space for ARob/Mooney and Kmet/Graham/James.

Goodwin, Byrd and Perriman aren't great WRs but you still have to respect their speed especially once Fields is in there given his accuracy deep. So with 3 of them they can just be used interchangeable to get deep and take a safety away.
I do not hate the signing.

As for the young receivers, they are on the PS where they can be learn without too much pressure. They were not good enough to take a roster spot and even Adams who might end up on the PS was not going to be the 3rd WR either.

I noticed that Nagy is trying to recreate the KC offense. KC has a stud WR and TE and then fills up the receiving room with speed. Most of those speed receivers are not the greatest receivers, but they stress the defense with their speed, making it easy for their two studs to get open. Well, the Bears have AR, Mooney and Kmet as their studs, not all studs yet but with a chance to become studs.

Imagine a combination of Kmet and/or 4 speed receivers and AR attacking all corners of the field with a QB who can get the ball to any spot accurately, with the legs to outrun almost any linebacker who is trying to spy him.

If and when the Bears can field an average offensive line and start Fields, the offense has a very good chance of being must-watch tv.

As for Nagy, I was thinking about the coach in The Water Boy.

No, not Henry Winkler. I am thinking about the opposing team's head coach who stole the green(?) notebook from Henry Winkler. That coach didn't need to be an offensive genius, he just had to call plays out of the genius' green notebook.

Well, Nagy is that coach and the green notebook is Reid's playbook. He took the first step by adding a ton of speed. Let's see how much of Reid's green notebook he stole.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I expect montgomery to have a breakout/tightness year

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Yea. Not a big deal. If anything, it should speak to how Newsome wasn't nearly as good as they thought he might be.
He might just still be too raw and they need experienced guys for special teams now

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
So is nagy going to make him a RB

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'll take a shot on a WR with the speed Perriman has. His numbers the last couple years haven't been horrible if you look at him as a #3-#4 type WR.
His numbers aren’t horrible if you magically take his starting numbers and add them to a #3-4 type WR lmaaaaaaoooooo

Mr football over here, always bringing the logic hahahahahahaha A5354052-4582-464F-B691-89A7FAC0AF93.jpeg

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anyone see @nc0gnet0? Worried about him as he been MIA for a while now.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
His numbers aren’t horrible if you magically take his starting numbers and add them to a #3-4 type WR lmaaaaaaoooooo

Mr football over here, always bringing the logic hahahahahahaha View attachment 14583
He was brought in as a #4/#5 type WR to the PS you no sense clown...Lol.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He was brought in as a #4/#5 type WR to the PS you no sense clown...Lol.
Yeah and you’re just shifting his numbers as a starter and acting like that’s what you’re getting as a #5. You’re a fucking idiot.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah and you’re just shifting his numbers as a starter and acting like that’s what you’re getting as a #5. You’re a fucking idiot.
giphy.gif

ImSure

Liked Posts:
we all know that Nagy ruins QBs.

does anyone talk much about him ruining receivers? or not using the correct WRs? how do we know that he's not in the process of ruining Dazz?