Bears Sign Breshad Perriman

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Can’t use Rodney for those Special person plays naggy was calling for Patterson last year. My guess that is what they’re looking for in this bum. Or my mistake not bum cause a troll said he’s better than Mooney but was waiver wire trash ?‍♂️

greg23

Liked Posts:
Excellent point and the perfect indictment on Pace to fill the position group with young players with promise, which is lacking at the WR position.

His recent young players with "promise " were

Wims
Ridley
Miller
Mooney
Newsome

He's 1-4 with the 5th already cut and possibly on the PS

Guy just sucks drafting at certain positions.

I don't mind the overall WR Corp this year as they desperately need speed on the field to generate separation and open the field up....however its almost becomes pointless if you can't block the opponent and have a real estate agent calling plays.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:

Wims
Ridley
Miller
Mooney
Newsome

I don't mind the overall WR Corp this year as they desperately need speed on the field to generate separation and open the field up....however its almost becomes pointless if you can't block the opponent and have a real estate agent calling plays.
Exactly. Pace has been very good at spots like DL, but atrocious at WR. Full disclosure-I am a big fan of Goodwin and his story and I hope he has a great year.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Incorrect. Ncog said the gap between Perriman and Mooney is not great and that Perriman could have a better year. So Perriman right now is in a competition with Mooney to be the No 2 WR.
You think they will use him in the slot??

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You think they will use him in the slot??

No, I think it goes ARob, Mooney, Goodwin, Byrd, Perriman. He is depth. In 3 or more WR sets, I think it will be ARob or Mooney in the slot as Goodwin, Byrd and Perriman have all largely been outside WRs. So I suspect you use them on the outside to clear out space for ARob/Mooney and Kmet/Graham/James.

Goodwin, Byrd and Perriman aren't great WRs but you still have to respect their speed especially once Fields is in there given his accuracy deep. So with 3 of them they can just be used interchangeable to get deep and take a safety away.

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Wims
Ridley
Miller
Mooney
Newsome

To be fair, that's Round 7, 4, 2, 5, 6... So outside of Miller AND Kevin White (Pace's 1st draft) which hurts, it's not like he's swinging hard with big capital in your list for WR. He signed ARob in FA and took a risk there and hit a home run. If Mooney turns out to be a solid #2 and we can resign Arob, and Kmet progresses, we don't need studs, just serviceable with speed to stretch the field.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I think it goes ARob, Mooney, Goodwin, Byrd, Perriman. He is depth. In 3 or more WR sets, I think it will be ARob or Mooney in the slot as Goodwin, Byrd and Perriman have all largely been outside WRs. So I suspect you use them on the outside to clear out space for ARob/Mooney and Kmet/Graham/James.

Goodwin, Byrd and Perriman aren't great WRs but you still have to respect their speed especially once Fields is in there given his accuracy deep. So with 3 of them they can just be used interchangeable to get deep and take a safety away.
So, if you have Arod and Perriman out wide, Mooney in the slot, who is WR2?