Bears Sign Breshad Perriman

Canth

Liked Posts:
Signing a vet like Perriman takes away opportunities for younger players who may turn out to be something to show it.

Eh, a lot of those young guys actually had a hell of an opportunity to show what they could do when they had Fields throwing to them on the 2nd team in training camp, joint practices, and the preseason. If they could not show it enough there to make the cut, then quite honestly, they are not likely to ever show anything beyond being a back end of the roster, special teams player.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Okay I watched some tape on Perriman. Quick thoughts:
  • He gets decent separation, both laterally and vertically
  • He's not slow. He's got decent long-speed
  • He's a big dude. He's the same height as (and probably a ltitle faster than) Cordarelle Patterson
  • Has a very good seasonal YPC average, above 16
  • Gets open a lot in crossing patterns, which also means...
  • ...he takes a lot of hits
But there's a reason he's been on 6 other teams.
His best qb has probably been jameis and he played well with him. It's possible he could be a legit deep threat that fields could connect with. I still preferred John brown in this scenario or Gandy golden as a young guy that fields could grow with

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His best qb has probably been jameis and he played well with him. It's possible he could be a legit deep threat that fields could connect with. I still preferred John brown in this scenario or Gandy golden as a young guy that fields could grow with
Brown is was lightning quick, but the Bears already have enough 5'10 180 pound quick guys.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Could have gotten Keke Coutee instead, Colts wound up getting him on their practice squad.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I suppose on my list of offensive concerns, WR depth ain't it. I want QB1 on the Field and a line competent enough to not get him IR'd. Between Monty, ARob, Mooney, Graham/Kmet I believe the Bears have decent enough weapons to get the job done for year one.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So Perriman should be the #2 WR because I was told he was better than Mooney, amirite?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Okay I watched some tape on Perriman. Quick thoughts:
  • He gets decent separation, both laterally and vertically
  • He's not slow. He's got decent long-speed
  • He's a big dude. He's the same height as (and probably a ltitle faster than) Cordarelle Patterson
  • Has a very good seasonal YPC average, above 16
  • Gets open a lot in crossing patterns, which also means...
  • ...he takes a lot of hits
But there's a reason he's been on 6 other teams.

His biggest benefit is knowing the Lions playbook

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If he opens things up for other players they why was he cut by so many other teams? Let's not get all confused and start thinking he's this Randy Moss/Desean Jackson type guy that defensive coordinators stay up late thinking about. He's a fast journeyman who's lucky to still be employed. I'd add, I'm not a fan of adding a WR this late. It's hard for QBs and WRs to develop chemistry during the season. Same can be said for trade deadline type deals.
Ummmmmmmm i very clearly said he was our #4, #5 or #6 WR so not sure R.Moss or D.Jackson ever fell into that category...SMH.

Musashiblade

Liked Posts:
got be careful. heard he has a history of dropping balls. can't rely on his too heavy

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So Perriman should be the #2 WR because I was told he was better than Mooney, amirite?
Please show proof that someone actually said this? I haven't read the whole thread but if someone did then they're the idiot.....idiot...Lol

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Eh, a lot of those young guys actually had a hell of an opportunity to show what they could do when they had Fields throwing to them on the 2nd team in training camp, joint practices, and the preseason. If they could not show it enough there to make the cut, then quite honestly, they are not likely to ever show anything beyond being a back end of the roster, special teams player.
Eh, not sure I agree with that. We’re talking about a few months of practices while acclimating to the big jump between the college and the pros.

Some players take longer than a few months to develop and build chemistry. We don’t know if they could become very good or if they will be out of the league.

Perriman-he’s been in long enough and with enough different teams to know what he is.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sux for you that i'm right so much.

Carry on now little guy.
You have built a whole persona/schtick off the delusion that Ryan Pace is a good GM. Not only are you always wrong, you always throw out the laziest takes. Out of all the posters who actually stick to talking football(when you're not constantly troll-derailing every thread), you by far are the shittiest.

Here's how you post.
If(insert veteran signing) can play how he did(insert players best seasons) then the Bears(insert positive outcome).
If(insert rookie) can (insert players ceiling/potential) then the Bears(insert positive outcome).

Not to mention you have no idea what you're talking about most of the time. this thread for example, you keep throwing out Perriman's speed like that's something the Bears don't already have from 2-4.
I'll take a shot on a WR with the speed Perriman has. His numbers the last couple years haven't been horrible if you look at him as a #3-#4 type WR.
Look at this stupid comment i wasn't going to mention. He started most of last season and you're saying worthless stuff like this. If he was a 3 or 4 on that team, he wouldn't have those numbers. But he started 3/4th of the season. and its very generous thinking he'll be a #3 WR.

Little guy says the mental midget who literally had a meltdown over negs and has me in his sig because he's bitter i make him look dumb. Sad sad sad.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I don't expect Perriman to be around long. As far down on the depth chart as he Perriman is, he would have to be able to play on special teams which he has never done in his career.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
I wonder if Perriman is a decent to good run-blocker.