Bears Sign Cunningham

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Benny Cunningham - RB - Bears
Bears signed RB Benny Cunningham, formerly of the Rams, to a one-year contract.
It's a solid, under-the-radar signing for the Bears. Cunningham is a dependable pass-catching and pass-protecting runner out of the backfield who didn't get many opportunities behind Todd Gurley in L.A. Cunningham can also return kickoffs; he has a 27.1 average on 95 career returns. His addition could spell trouble for Jeremy Langford and/or Ka'Deem Carey behind Jordan Howard.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fine. Bring him to camp, see what happens. No big deal either way.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's taking Langfords spot at pass catching RB.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Phew. For a second I was worried that Pace was giving Randall a chance at a come back.

CallMeYams

Liked Posts:
My problem with all these one year signings is they are basically useless. What are we doing this year? Nothing. Does this help our future? Nope.

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
My problem with all these one year signings is they are basically useless. What are we doing this year? Nothing. Does this help our future? Nope.
Not useless at all, it gives a young guy with upside a shot to prove himself at the NFL level.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
A solid kick returner. An undervalued aspect until you're as bad as the Bears have been. Bears haven't had one since you know who.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
These are low risk signings with some upside, generally with players around 26-27 years old. If they suck, you cut them and move on. If they do well, you create depth going forward. They generally play where we have no potential already invested in a position (not hard I agree). They're not exciting picks but I have no problem with them.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
whopping condemnation of Langford and Carey. Should've been no need for another RB.

Cunningham comes in with 4.8YPC last yr, Lang 3.2, Carey 3.9, Howard 5.2. To boot Cunningham is a top Returner.

I think Carey was under utilized, but can't say he was special... except he was a good lead blocker on kick returns.

I don't see a need for 4 RBs. With Langford and Carey under contract, may be a late cut after preseason.

[video=youtube;5zsTf0LY3EE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zsTf0LY3EE[/video]

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
The bargain basement shopping continues.

One man's bargain basement is another man's no risk, incremental improvement with upside...

Cunningham > Carey/Langford
Sims > Paulson
Cooper > Porter
Jenkins > Unrein/Sutton
Demps > anyone we have at S

I was and remain annoyed that we shat the bed on day 1 of free agency but I'm OK with what Pace has done since then. In the bigger picture, none of these signings will matter if we don't find a QB or if Pace fucks up the draft. But we no depth last year and now we're OK in most spots: quantity rather than quality maybe but the days of signing guys off the street to start multiple games should be over at least.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
One man's bargain basement is another man's no risk, incremental improvement with upside...

Cunningham > Carey/Langford
Sims > Paulson
Cooper > Porter
Jenkins > Unrein/Sutton
Demps > anyone we have at S

I was and remain annoyed that we shat the bed on day 1 of free agency but I'm OK with what Pace has done since then. In the bigger picture, none of these signings will matter if we don't find a QB or if Pace fucks up the draft. But we no depth last year and now we're OK in most spots: quantity rather than quality maybe but the days of signing guys off the street to start multiple games should be over at least.
By golly, you're right. Bears are bound to win 1 or 2 more games than they did last season. Off season success!!