Bears Sign Cunningham

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Call it what you like, when the injuries hit last year we had scrubs playing multiple games. Now at least the mediocrity will continue!

But that's the point isn't it? If we have more injuries we'll still have scrubs playing multiple games. Heck, many of our starters are scrubs.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My problem with all these one year signings is they are basically useless. What are we doing this year? Nothing. Does this help our future? Nope.

If Pace uses the #3 pick on his QB of the future, and that guy sees some time this season, it would be nice to keep him in one piece with a RB that can block.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Phew. For a second I was worried that Pace was giving Randall a chance at a come back.

You were worried? I was hoping!

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
But that's the point isn't it? If we have more injuries we'll still have scrubs playing multiple games. Heck, many of our starters are scrubs.

Let's look at the guys they brought in and the guys they are pushing down the depth chart or replacing that played multiple games for us...

Demps > HJQ, Bush, Prosinski
Sims > Paulson
Cooper > Porter
Amukamara > Bausby, Glenn
Jenkins > Sutton, Unrein
Cunningham > Langford, Carey
Wheaton* > Bellamy
Wright* > Wilson
Glennon > Hoyer (more upside however you look at it)
Compton (anyone) > Adams

* Obviously we lost our WR1 so that needs to be considered in this

I was and still am pissed off that we didn't manage to bring in a true number 1 corner and I would have overpaid Gilmore or Bouye and done everything I could've done to bring them here. Same goes for Duron Harmon who was the FA I wanted the most. Day 1 was an undoubted failure that needs to be addressed going forward. The three main concerns about him are still..

- can he identify a QB that he likes in the draft?
- is he a good evaluator of high end/first round talent in general?
- does he has the philosophical flexibility and the ability to sell the club to the top tier of free agents?

By May 2018, we'll have definitive answers to all these questions.

But being able to get value in the middle to late rounds of the draft and in the second tier of free agency has been shown to be a strength of his. So I'm not going to bitch about these moves.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Sure looks like we upgraded at pretty much every position but #1 WR.

I love how people say Pace has to prove if he can identify talent at QB in the draft and it seems to me like he did identify QB talent in each draft when he tried to get M.Mariota and C.Wentz. He tried to get both and both seem to look like they'll be good QB's so i guess we can say he can absolutely identify QB talent.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:

I love how people say Pace has to prove if he can identify talent at QB in the draft and it seems to me like he did identify QB talent in each draft when he tried to get M.Mariota and C.Wentz. He tried to get both and both seem to look like they'll be good QB's so i guess we can say he can absolutely identify QB talent.

No, you can't give him credit for players he didn't sign. That's ridiculous.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

I know you love everything Pace does but thats ridiculous. Can't give credit based on rumors. Credit is due based on results. So far the QB he has actually brought in is Glennon not Mariota or Wentz and that says a lot about his QB evaluations and not in a good way.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No, you can't give him credit for players he didn't sign. That's ridiculous.

He identified QB Talent in M.Mariota and C.Wentz and i never said to give him credit cause all you said was he had to prove he can identify it which he did, unless you think he was trying to trade up for QB's that he didn't think had talent which sounds a little ridiculous.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I know you love everything Pace does but thats ridiculous. Can't give credit based on rumors. Credit is due based on results. So far the QB he has actually brought in is Glennon not Mariota or Wentz and that says a lot about his QB evaluations and not in a good way.

Oh my mother fucking shit mother fucker.....where did i say i gave him credit for it?? Please just tell me where i said what you just said i said??

By the way i don't love everything Pace does and have said when i don't. I think he should of went a little higher on his offer for Gilmore and i said that but also understood his stance on not overpaying for players and understood and respect that he has a limit that he had set for players and didn't go over that limit. A lot of GM's can't do that especially when they have the money sitting there to spend.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
He identified QB Talent in M.Mariota and C.Wentz and i never said to give him credit cause all you said was he had to prove he can identify it which he did, unless you think he was trying to trade up for QB's that he didn't think had talent which sounds a little ridiculous.

Even if this did happen, identifying Mariota as a QB is not rocket science! I heard nothing about Wentz. Given all the misinformation that happens around draft time I'll wait to see if he actually takes one this year.

Liked Posts:

Didn't everyone identify talent in those guys though? It's not like Pace had an epiphany.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Didn't everyone identify talent in those guys though? It's not like Pace had an epiphany.

Oh ok, so he has to draft a QB in the middle to late part of the draft that nobody thought was gonna be good for it to count as identifying talent. Got it.

Geesh

Liked Posts:
Oh ok, so he has to draft a QB in the middle to late part of the draft that nobody thought was gonna be good for it to count as identifying talent. Got it.

Geesh

I'm just saying Wentz and Mariota weren't under the radar guys. They were hyped coming out. Pace didn't rediscover the wheel, he identified what everyone else did.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Identifying Mariota as a QB is rocket science! I heard a lot about Pace wanting Wentz. Given all the misinformation that happens around draft time i just hope Pace drafts P.Mahomes at #3.

Ummmmm huh??

You're a mess man, get it together.

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
You wish the Bears were mediocre, the Bears are bad, Cleveland Browns bad.

How many of these big money FAs actually pan out? Not many. Pace went after a big name and lost to the Pats. That seems to be his MO grab 1 or 2 FAs then throw as many darts as you can to see if you can hit a Roberto Garza type.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Why not just sign two or three very good impact players instead of 6 or 7 scrap heap dumpster diving trash players that mostly likely will have little to no impact on the team?

Because you don't build a team through FA'cy. You build a team through the draft. The bears have some very high draft picks to add future players. Pace is simply adding depth to the team via FA'cy. With all the injuries the Bears had, depth should be a good thing. Fans like you are just not smart enough to realize that this is just part of the plan for the off season.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Curious, why do you say John Jenkins is better than Unrein? (Or Sutton?)

A guy would have to really be shitty to be worse than Unrein:(