dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well when you were talking about that you referenced jaylon Johnson whose played a different side in his 2 years in the league
Yes i started it about how both JJ and X.Rhodes have played the majority of their careers on the right side and that they prefer that side and of course you and the usual thought that was stupid and not true, then i also said that many OLB/DE's also prefer to play on a certain side of the d-line which you also thought was not true and came at me about.

just having some fun with ya.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Trade Quinn for a 2nd rounder and some change. 3 2nd round picks would go a long way to rebuilding this team.
I would not mind waiting until the summer and seeing if its possible to get better picks in 2023 than they would be getting if they sold him now for 2022 selections.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would not mind waiting until the summer and seeing if its possible to get better picks in 2023 than they would be getting if they sold him now for 2022 selections.

Not worth the year of development that a rookie would have this year IMO. There is enough value in round 2 this year.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Not worth the year of development that a rookie would have this year IMO. There is enough value in round 2 this year.
I’d rather have the stability of a veteran than another rookie to develop this year…

Montucky

Liked Posts:
There will be value in the second round next year too. There are always players to get excited about.

If the difference is between selling Robert Quinn now for a late-second and a fifth and selling him in July for a second (that could be anywhere in that round) and a third then I'm taking the latter.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I really dig his name too.

Al Qaeda Muhammad.
It's refreshing that a man with that name can gain employment today. Because in 2001, America would have noped on a name like that. I'm glad America is more accepting now.

Hopefully we keep moving forward with love and empathy towards each other.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’d rather have the stability of a veteran than another rookie to develop this year…

Yeah not a smart play as we are not going anywhere this year.

There will be value in the second round next year too. There are always players to get excited about.

If the difference is between selling Robert Quinn now for a late-second and a fifth and selling him in July for a second (that could be anywhere in that round) and a third then I'm taking the latter.

Yeah there is a reason why on trade charts that 2nd and 3rd next year is valued as a 3rd and 4th this year.

Delaying a year to get picks in the exact same round on the small chance they are higher is dumb. It is especially dumb as anyone trading for Quinn is likely doing so because they are a contender which means they are likely to still net you lower round picks.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yeah not a smart play as we are not going anywhere this year.

Yeah there is a reason why on trade charts that 2nd and 3rd next year is valued as a 3rd and 4th this year.

Delaying a year to get picks in the exact same round on the small chance they are higher is dumb. It is especially dumb as anyone trading for Quinn is likely doing so because they are a contender which means they are likely to still net you lower round picks.
I just do not see the point in impatiently rushing to get whatever they can get this year in terms of compensation. Its the kind of short-term obsessiveness that doomed Ryan Pace.

Play the long game and stockpile picks. There is zero indication that Justin Fields is so good that they absolutely must make the most of his rookie contract and rush to develop players from this draft so they can capitalize on year three and four of his rookie contract. This is the same reason the Bears should be looking for somebody desperately trying to move way up in the second who would be willing to part with a 2023 second rounder to make that happen (exactly like what Ryan Pace did for Anthony Miller).

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
#MFcalledit

Browns trade BM to Indy for #42 this season and 1 and 2 next season, Browns trade #42 (Colts)and #44(Browns) for Robert Quinn

Bears go into draft with picks 39,42,44,48 and 71 in the 1st 3 rds
:cool:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just do not see the point in impatiently rushing to get whatever they can get this year in terms of compensation. Its the kind of short-term obsessiveness that doomed Ryan Pace.

Play the long game and stockpile picks. There is zero indication that Justin Fields is so good that they absolutely must make the most of his rookie contract and rush to develop players from this draft so they can capitalize on year three and four of his rookie contract. This is the same reason the Bears should be looking for somebody desperately trying to move way up in the second who would be willing to part with a 2023 second rounder to make that happen (exactly like what Ryan Pace did for Anthony Miller).

But your logic makes no sense. You are saying lets not trade him for a 2nd and/or 3rd rounder this year because we may get a 2nd and/or 3rd rounder next year higher in the round. It is like you have no concept of time value.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
But your logic makes no sense. You are saying lets not trade him for a 2nd and/or 3rd rounder this year because we may get a 2nd and/or 3rd rounder next year higher in the round. It is like you have no concept of time value.
I am actually very clearly saying the Bears should trade Robert Quinn this year. Just not until after the draft because they'll likely get more for him over the summer than they would now. Not just in the chance that the picks would higher in their respective rounds, but also that they'll get more/better selections.

Right now the Bears have time on their side, nobody is under any pressure to win many games in 2022. Even Justin Fields is not really the responsibility of Ryan Poles and Matt Eberflus if he fails.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am actually very clearly saying the Bears should trade Robert Quinn this year. Just not until after the draft because they'll likely get more for him over the summer than they would now. Not just in the chance that the picks would higher in their respective rounds, but also that they'll get more/better selections.

Right now the Bears have time on their side, nobody is under any pressure to win many games in 2022. Even Justin Fields is not really the responsibility of Ryan Poles and Matt Eberflus if he fails.

What makes it likely besides you saying so?

And my point is 2023 picks are worth about a round less than 2022 pick. So a 2nd and 3rd next year is more like a 3rd and 4th this year in which case the 2nd and 5th this year has more value.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
What makes it likely besides you saying so?

And my point is 2023 picks are worth about a round less than 2022 pick. So a 2nd and 3rd next year is more like a 3rd and 4th this year in which case the 2nd and 5th this year has more value.
Do you think there is a possibility that the time value of picks might be different from team to team? That rigid formulas like the draft value chart or this seemingly arbitrary rule that picks the next year are worth about a round less than the current draft year don't really account for the differing stations of NFL franchises?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Also, what makes it more likely is that teams who maybe plan to address edge rusher in the draft might find themselves failing to do so. Or they'll suffer an off-season or early training camp injury. If somebody was going to wow the Bears into trading Robert Quinn it probably would have already happened by now.

But who knows exactly, it just seems to be a safer bet that you'll get more for him if you sit on him a few more months than just sell him to the highest bidder now.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Love it. Decent player on a solid contract. He joins gipson and Quinn in a mainly 3 man de rotation.