Bears sign Gace. Gets OC - 3 YEAR DEAL *OFFICIAL

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Ideally you shouldnt predetermine whether you are going to be pass heavy, or balanced, or run heavy. It should come down to whatever works against the opponent you are facing.

If you need to throw it 50 times to beat them, you should be willing and able to do so, if you need to pound the rock 40 times, then thats what you do. Look at NE, against the Ravens they rushed the ball 14 times and Im not sure any of those attempts came in the second half with Brady flinging it all over the place, then the very next week they look like a smash mouth team and rush 40 times for 177 yards.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ideally you shouldnt predetermine whether you are going to be pass heavy, or balanced, or run heavy. It should come down to whatever works against the opponent you are facing.

If you need to throw it 50 times to beat them, you should be willing and able to do so, if you need to pound the rock 40 times, than thats what you do. Look at NE, against the Ravens they rushed the ball 14 times and Im not sure any of those attempts came in the second half with Brady flinging it all over the place, then the very next week they look like a smash mouth team and rush 40 times for 177 yards.
And that's how it's done. Game plan for the other teams weaknesses

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think the big thing is he was possibly still in play for HC of the 9ers and Broncos. He also had to be weighing options a both the 9ers and one other team tried to get him to interview a second time before he interviewed in Chicago for OC. Makes me think that he had been informed the job was his as Fox knows him and teams tried to get him but he turned down second interviews with those teams

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I think he was just waiting to see if hed get any HC offers before signing on with the Bears. The night before and the morning of the day he came on board with the Bears the 49ers and Rams were still trying to get him to come in in regards to a OC role.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You obviously try to expose weaknesses but you should also strive for a fundamental strength and dictate what the D needs to do to set them up as well.

Liked Posts:

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Phenomenal piece by Dan, yet again.

One thing I will say, though... The Bears must get the proper personnel in there. Can't be running successful bubble screens w/ Marshall or Jeffery. Also need that Emanuel Sanders type guy to stetch the field.

I appreciate the work that Durkin does, he is thorough, fair and well versed (at least to a dummy like me).

I would have to imagine they fill that speedy WR role this offseason. It's been fun to see this new direction thus far. Hope they continue to evolve a positive direction.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
I think the keyword of this new coaching regime is "adaptive." That's what made me most excited about Fox, is that he has had success with with totally different roster make ups. He isn't a one scheme only coach, playoffs with Delhome, Tebow, and Manning. Gase adapting in season due to injuries. Fangio adapting to different personel due to to injuries. I love that they adapt to players strengths and not try to adapt the player to their scheme strengths.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
We have some real talent on the coaching staff. Let's give these guys a chance, and PLEASE if Cuntler has a problem with the coaches, let's move the player this time around not the coach. I'm tired of turning over 1/2 a staff because pouty pants doesn't like the coach.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Phenomenal piece by Dan, yet again.

One thing I will say, though... The Bears must get the proper personnel in there. Can't be running successful bubble screens w/ Marshall or Jeffery. Also need that Emanuel Sanders type guy to stetch the field.

It would be nice to have a receiver that could take the top off a defense but Peyton threw 55 tds the year before with Decker there. I don't think it is a necessity.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
It would be nice to have a receiver that could take the top off a defense but Peyton threw 55 tds the year before with Decker there. I don't think it is a necessity.

i think the key words in that sentence are peyton and manning.

bears need to add an element of speed to their offense.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:

If you need to throw it 50 times to beat them, you should be willing and able to do so, if you need to pound the rock 40 times, then thats what you do. Look at NE, against the Ravens they rushed the ball 14 times and Im not sure any of those attempts came in the second half with Brady flinging it all over the place, then the very next week they look like a smash mouth team and rush 40 times for 177 yards.

This is the Belichick way all day long.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
This is the Belichick way all day long.

again, that's all fine and good when you have tom brady or peyton manning. asking cutler to throw the ball 50 times in any game is a recipe for disaster. when you have hall of fame quarterbacks you can do a lot of different things with your offense.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
I heard Gil Brandt on XM radio tonight. Someone called in asking about Gase. Brandt spent more time talking highly about Loggains the new QB coach. Said he thinks Gase will be a head coach in a few years and while he did have Manning, he helped Manning get better