Bears sign Gace. Gets OC - 3 YEAR DEAL *OFFICIAL

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Nor does high hope insure success....your point?

The point was you're making some arbitrary illogical point about there being any significance to players coming from Denver... Having or not having high hopes is just the same way so doing it or not doesn't make a difference. Some people would just rather prefer less unsound ideas were thrown out around these parts.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Nor does high hope insure success....your point?

Simple point- you are implying that Cutler and Marshall- once playing for the Broncos- has some kind of impact on the potential fortunes of Fox/Gase/etc. because they also received a paycheck from the same organization. It does not. Why you are trying to draw a parallel- I do not know.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Simple point- you are implying that Cutler and Marshall- once playing for the Broncos- has some kind of impact on the potential fortunes of Fox/Gase/etc.

We will see, if Fox/Gase dump Cutler, then my respect for them (Fox mainly) will increase 100 fold. At this conjecture, I am underwhelmed by the Fox hire. I would have much preferred signing and up and comer than a retread. Retreads are retreads for a reason. Fox's collapse gives me cause for concern. The Denver connection is one of amusement, most likely coincidence, but I will stand on what I said about the re-tread cast-off hires as anything more than a slight upgrade.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Retreads are retreads for a reason.

Belichick and Carrol are both re-treads. Using your logic of confusing correlation and causality, the Bears are guaranteed to go to the Super Bowl.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Belichick and Carrol are both re-treads. Using your logic of confusing correlation and causality, the Bears are guaranteed to go to the Super Bowl.

And Brady and Rodgers were both drafted in later rounds in the draft......

Spare me your comments of false dichotomy's please..........

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
And Brady and Rodgers were both drafted in later rounds in the draft......

Spare me your comments of false dichotomy's please..........

Your warped logic, not mine, breh.

StrongerThanAll

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Outside of 3 coaches/coordinators, who else from the Broncos have the Bears brought in so far?

cutler, dj williams, marshall in a round about way. Next up will be pot roast Terrance Kighton that we will over pay for

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
i was a little surprised they went with gase but we'll see. i've read a lot of stuff from denver about him having a martz(or trestman) like aversion to the running game. even read one article that elway talked to him about needing to run the ball more and he responded "should i run it every play?"

maybe he'll be a different guy here...don't know. maybe it was manning, or him trying to cater to manning, but everything talked about with fox and running the ball and playing physical on both sides seems to run counter to this hire. gase was widely criticized for running a pass happy finesse scheme in denver. we shall see.

85DreamsAlive

Liked Posts:
Why? Weis has been a fairly successful OC.
For one, Weis was the Trestman of Notre Dame (though personality antithesis of Trest). Couldn't see his arrogance fitting with Pace and the McCaskeys. Sure he's been successful in the past (10 yrs ago?), but come on. Could've only seen that scenario working if keeping Cutler for sure. Weis wouldn't have taken his whining, and turnovers don't happen on his watch. Overall a big fat cancer IMO.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Simple question, with that roster, what do you think Trestman's record would have been?

Would not have won another game once manning lost the ability to throw.

Madden

Liked Posts:
i was a little surprised they went with gase but we'll see. i've read a lot of stuff from denver about him having a martz(or trestman) like aversion to the running game. even read one article that elway talked to him about needing to run the ball more and he responded "should i run it every play?"

maybe he'll be a different guy here...don't know. maybe it was manning, or him trying to cater to manning, but everything talked about with fox and running the ball and playing physical on both sides seems to run counter to this hire. gase was widely criticized for running a pass happy finesse scheme in denver. we shall see.

I'm hoping it's just a matter of adjusting playcalls to fit his players. I mean, if I had Peyton Manning as QB I would pass it a shit ton too. I know Fox and whoever was OC during the Tebow era adjusted the offense to fit him and they ran the ball a lot more then.

Considering we have Forte, and Cutler has trouble with turnovers, I hope Gase can be balanced. If he gets too pass happy hopefully Fox will step in quickly.

Hopefully we can be totally unpredictable on both sides of the ball. I want us to be able to confuse opposing defenses and offenses for once, and not just rely on our players physical attributes to beat their man one on one.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I'm hoping it's just a matter of adjusting playcalls to fit his players. I mean, if I had Peyton Manning as QB I would pass it a shit ton too. I know Fox and whoever was OC during the Tebow era adjusted the offense to fit him and they ran the ball a lot more then.

Considering we have Forte, and Cutler has trouble with turnovers, I hope Gase can be balanced. If he gets too pass happy hopefully Fox will step in quickly.

Hopefully we can be totally unpredictable on both sides of the ball. I want us to be able to confuse opposing defenses and offenses for once, and not just rely on our players physical attributes to beat their man one on one.

i agree, and i do give fox the benefit of the doubt. gase did show the ability to adjust his offense late in the season. the broncos were a good running team after manning got hurt. but his tendency has been very pass happy.

like you say, though, i hope the bears aim for balance. i'm not one who thinks the bears should just run it 45 times a game, but with cutler or whoever(rookie, mediocre vet.) the bears are not going to be successful being a pass happy game, even with an improved defense. time will tell.