Bears sign Gace. Gets OC - 3 YEAR DEAL *OFFICIAL

roncor

Liked Posts:
B76sclPIYAI8G2I.jpg

I guess we need to update this weekly!

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
I like the Fox hire and love the Fangio hire but I'm a little worried about Gase. I'm worried about how long it took for Fox to even interview him and I'm worried about his age and how Cutler will get along with him and if he'll respect him and I'm worried about his relationship with BMarsh. I don't hate the hire at all and still think there's some positives with him but just hope he builds good relationships with our guys especially Cutler and Marsh.

I think that's a legit concern because I was asking the same question. Who knows what actually went on though. Was Gase his guy all along and he was just lining up other options in case Gase got a head coaching gig or an OC job with Baltimore or Jacksonville?

Fox seems like one of those guys who wants his coaches to go explore their opportunities. And if those all fall through he'll always have a spot for them on his staff. Kind of weird how it all played out, but oh well. I like Gase a lot and think he's a very good hire.

supra8795

Liked Posts:
Didn't Fox basically go back to Denver last Saturday to meet with all the other coaches?

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
....Edited!!

In addition to John Fox and Adam Gase, there are four others from the Broncos: (making a total of six so far)

1. Sam Garnes - Assistant DB coach (working for Ed Donatell DB coach from 49ers)
2. Dave Magazu - Offensive Line coach
3. Derrius Swinton II - Assistant ST coach
4. John Rodgers - ST coach

These are Fox guys not Broncos guys. Retread coaches usually bring much of their prior staff with them. Why is this even an issue?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Who else has he been successful with other than Manning?
QB coach with Kitna in 2007 in 1 of his 2 4000 seasons in his 16 yr NFL career.
WR coach with B Marsh in 1 0f his 3 100/1000/10 seasons.
WR coach with J Gaffney in 2 of his top 3 seasons of his 11 year career.
WR coach for B LLyod for his top NFL season in his 12 yr career. Accumulating 500+ yards more than any other season.
QB coach for Tebow in the year he pretended to be a QB and lead the team to a playoff win.
QB/OC for 3 of 4 of P Mannings best season, despite age and injury.

He seems to have made the players he coaches perform at the peak of their ability.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think that's a legit concern because I was asking the same question. Who knows what actually went on though. Was Gase his guy all along and he was just lining up other options in case Gase got a head coaching gig or an OC job with Baltimore or Jacksonville?

Fox seems like one of those guys who wants his coaches to go explore their opportunities. And if those all fall through he'll always have a spot for them on his staff. Kind of weird how it all played out, but oh well. I like Gase a lot and think he's a very good hire.
Yeah we have no idea why it took so long for him to interview but it's definitely odd how it went down but i trust Fox to hire the right guys and i'm hoping Gase gives me reasons to like him more and more as the season goes.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah what the fuck are you guys thinking being happy about upgrading our team and bringing in guys that have good reputations in the league you dummies??

Because the last time we had such high hopes based on a key position Denver Bronco reject worked out so well right? I guess the front office figured out the problem was we didn't have enough of them?

on a completely different side note, how many dam people have "dabears" in their sig? wholly crap guys.......

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would Fox have to interview the guy he's already known for years? He probably told him to test the waters...or maybe even troll the other teams for info. Who the hell knows? I'm a blind homer, but I have absolute faith in Coach Fox and his personnel decisions.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Nice. Maybe only 20 turnovers for Cutler next year.
Is that with the Bears? Miracles happen, maybe they trade Cutler. I mean, Pace actually got living breathing humans to coach the Bears with JC still in town. He obviously used the old Jedi mind trick with that. Maybe he goes to Titans GM Ruston Webster, and whips out a, "This is the QB you are looking for" and voila JC is gone.

Last edited:

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Have the Bears hired a qb coach n WR coach yet?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
QB coach with Kitna in 2007 in 1 of his 2 4000 seasons in his 16 yr NFL career.
WR coach with B Marsh in 1 0f his 3 100/1000/10 seasons.
WR coach with J Gaffney in 2 of his top 3 seasons of his 11 year career.
WR coach for B LLyod for his top NFL season in his 12 yr career. Accumulating 500+ yards more than any other season.
QB coach for Tebow in the year he pretended to be a QB and lead the team to a playoff win.
QB/OC for 3 of 4 of P Mannings best season, despite age and injury.

He seems to have made the players he coaches perform at the peak of their ability.

That's more promising! I like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Why would Fox have to interview the guy he's already known for years? He probably told him to test the waters...or maybe even troll the other teams for info. Who the hell knows? I'm a blind homer, but I have absolute faith in Coach Fox and his personnel decisions.

Why? Not saying you shouldn't, just wondering why you do.