Bears speaking to media today

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's drafting Watson. It doesn't get any clearer than that.

It does sound like that. Why does he want to tip his hand with 2 QB needy teams picking ahead of him, unless he is trying to ol' bait and switch?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Unless of course he knows a team behind the Bears want Watson and he's saying that to goad them into trading up to #3.

Nah, he's drafting Watson.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It does sound like that. Why does he want to tip his hand with 2 QB needy teams picking ahead of him, unless he is trying to ol' bait and switch?

Not sure. He might know that Lynch is big on Trubisky or Kizer?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unless of course he knows a team behind the Bears want Watson and he's saying that to goad them into trading up to #3.

Nah, he's drafting Watson.

OH the suspense! Very exciting times to be a Bears fan, we need to start a poll for what day does Cutler get released..

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace is clearly betting AJ over estimated his worth on the open market. I'm sure one team will overpay for AJ but Pace is betting the market isn't what AJ thinks it is for a player like him.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace is clearly betting AJ over estimated his worth on the open market. I'm sure one team will overpay for AJ but Pace is betting the market isn't what AJ thinks it is for a player like him.

It's the smart move IMO.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Kevin Fishbain‏ @kfishbain 24s24 seconds ago
John Fox on what the Bears can sell Alshon Jeffery in free agency: "He knows us better than anybody else he could potentially go to."

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
John Fox - We need more playmakers on both sides of the ball.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not sure if anyone else feels this way, but it doesn't seem like this rebuild has bottomed out and is heading back up. It still feels like the Bears are going to be bad next season.

Heading into year 3 and we need a complete reset at the QB position and now we need a #1 WR, in addition to the needs that already existed.

I am not saying this is a criticism of Pace, I just expected to be in a little better position heading into year 3.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's the smart move IMO.

The problem I have with the Jeffery move is.. They rumored to have offered him 12.5Mil and he will end up signing for 14 somewhere. So there is only a 1.5 MIL difference.. Who could they use that on?
Maybe we could sign D Jackson for 8-9 MIL and hope K White takes the next step, with the extra 5MIL we save we can find a washed up OLB to donate it to.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I am not sure if anyone else feels this way, but it doesn't seem like this rebuild has bottomed out and is heading back up. It still feels like the Bears are going to be bad next season.

Heading into year 3 and we need a complete reset at the QB position and now we need a #1 WR, in addition to the needs that already existed.

I am not saying this is a criticism of Pace, I just expected to be in a little better position heading into year 3.

I mean, if we are starting a rookie next year, chances are we are going to be bad. That's just the nature of the beast. There are exceptions like Dallas last year, but they were a great team in 2014 that was crippled with injuries in 2015.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Feels like??? Everything is falling apart before our very eyes. Our best player has one arm. Our offensive playmaker is leaving. Jimmy Garoppolo is too expensive. Most of the top tier free agency talent has already been signed.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Feels like??? Everything is falling apart before our very eyes. Our best player has one arm. Our offensive playmaker is leaving. Jimmy Garoppolo is too expensive. Most of the top tier free agency talent has already been signed.

You just have to keep building through the draft and not handing out ridiculous contracts to veterans. It's the only way you are going to get out of this.

Who would have thought we would have gotten a stud rookie RB in the 5th last year? Maybe Hall breaks out this year. Just keep making good draft choices with one of them being a QB. It will get turned around if that happens. Guaranteed.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

I think it's a given that the Bears will be a bad football team for several more years. There is too many holes on this team and Pace has been slow to fill them.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You just have to keep building through the draft and not handing out ridiculous contracts to veterans. It's the only way you are going to get out of this.

Who would have thought we would have gotten a stud rookie RB in the 5th last year? Maybe Hall breaks out this year. Just keep making good draft choices with one of them being a QB. It will get turned around if that happens. Guaranteed.

Who would have thought our 7th overall pick would never reach 500 career receiving yards.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think it's a given that the Bears will be a bad football team for several more years. There is too many holes on this team and Pace has been slow to fill them.

I think this is starting to settle in for me.

The ship is still taking on water in a lot of areas.