Bears trade for a kicker

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
I think the question is why did the Raiders let him go. The reports from last season was that he was way ahead in the kicking comp until he was injured. Do they think he is done or are they just gonna Gruden him to us.
After Piniero got hurt they signed Daniel Carlson, the guy the Vikings drafted like in the 5th round last year but was brutal early in season so they cut. Carlson rebounded and he performed well for the Raiders.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see how I used it was incorrect? He is currently not the best college kicker in the nation. He WAS the best in the nation for the senior year. I don't see why that would be wrong or why that would upset you? If I said he IS the best kicker in the nation, that statement would be factually, 100% incorrect. So I'm a bit confused to your statement?
I was assuming you were quoting something you took a look at. I don't disagree he had a decent college career and that needed to be shared with the rest of the forum. My beef is, do we KNOW what the Bears are getting for this pick? Guess it is just one more name to add to the try out list. Thanks for posting it, going up and hitting the like on your post.

Mitchapalooza

Likely more of an IR stash than anything else.
I was thinking that but the Raiders needed a kicker and apparently he was doing the best in camp out of any kicker. Hopefully it was nothing too serious.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Knowledgable Bears fan think Nagy is terrific coach and that Pace is an idiot GM. He screwed up the Robbie Gould thing and Parkey last year. Here he is bungling it again. What kind of a clown brings in 8 kickers then immediately trades for another.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There is "something" about this kid that I am feeling.

I think he Will Be Our New Kicker and will make at least TWO from >50 yds this year.....and will outperform last year's disaster by a LongShot ... without Any doinks

I'm sure he'll make plenty of field goals and even a couple 50+ yarders but can he make the game winning kicks and do it outdoors and in the cold weather and do it at Soldier Field? I sure hope so because i would think that although the job isn't his that he certainly comes in with a leg up on the other kickers if they went out and traded for him even with it only being a 7th rounder in 2021.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think the question is why did the Raiders let him go. The reports from last season was that he was way ahead in the kicking comp until he was injured. Do they think he is done or are they just gonna Gruden him to us.

Didn't they pick up that D.Carlson kid that Minn drafted early in the draft last year and the kid totally tanked for them and then kicked really well for Oak when they grabbed him off of waivers?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Gruden is the gift that keeps on giving...

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Who's the Raider FG kicker? Kind of weird for a team to have a backup FG kicker under contract, isn't it?
Many teams will have 2 guys in camp, just to have an extra leg for ST kickoff practice. Why not when you can have 90 on the roster...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So if this guy is the answer he costs a 7th round pick. If he’s not the answer he costs nothing. Zero risk trade.
Gruden is the gift that keeps on giving...

If he works out, he'll cost the Raiders a lot more than they got in this trade. Imagine next year's 1st round pick being a spot or few lower due to decent kicking.

#FLEAST

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Dude actually has distance and pretty good accuracy. It’ll be a change to have a kicker who can make a 40+ yarder.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

Raiders gonna Raider, my man.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
The hire of the kicking coach, and his connection with Pineiro is interesting. You would have to assume he liked Pineiro better than anyone who got cut, or else the trade would not have happened, assuming he had input.