Bears Training Camp thread

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
the idea that 2 myopic members were holding the Fuller fort against the army of hate is really silly. Most of us just optomistically wait and see before we decide on guys.

Not what I said. I simply pointed to the fact that it wasn't @xer0h0ur against the world. I take the same stance as you, but there was a tremendous amount of KFuller hate on this board for around 18 months. JusSayin.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Wait what? Is 0hr suggesting C Tillman was a man corner that Lovie forced into playing zone
Was it McQuarters or Tillman that got hurt in 2005 playoffs? I remembered Thompson was being burned all day long by Steve Smith Jr. all day. It made me sick. Lovie was too stubborn to have other cb shadow Smith.

napo55

Liked Posts:
The depth is like this.

1. Robinson
2. Miller
3. Ridley
4. Gabriel
5. Wims
6. E. Hall
7. Patterson
8. Other Hall

Moving Gabriel puts Ridley/Wims into the rotation which yes, you are right, take some time and check it out that they are ready but they have looked ready so far. You can't keep all of those, and it sucks that Patterson takes somebodies job.

Patterson would be another candidate to flip to the Giants.
Ridley has done nothing, aside from injuring his hamstring, in training camp. Gabriel and Wims are definitely ahead of him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think i'd trade Gabriel when there's actually a legit chance at the Bears making a serious run for a Super Bowl and Gabriel was a big part of the offense. I think we stay with ARob and Gabriel out wide and A.Miller in the slot since it's what Trubisky had last year. I do think Gabriel is gonna be under serious consideration to get let go after this year because of how we are against the cap but i wouldn't mess with anything Trubisky had last year, at least anything else since we already traded J.Howard and moving Daniels to Center and Whitehair to LG.
Than accept that at least 1, maybe 2 of our WR's will be poached and that opportunity probably doesn't come back next off-season.

The most convenient thing would be if the hammy lingers they could pup Ridley...or bail on the Patterson experiment and ship him to the Giants instead, or both.

I don't understand what they see in Braunecker but 7 WR's and 4 TE's would be alot to keep, and that doesn't even count the Raymond kid from Utah St. or the 6'7" man mountain from michigan.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah im a new Bears fan, Could you explain to me more about the quarterback using his hips to generate more velocity and accuracy on the ball. Or how dealerships give out cars to players for advertising . Please go slow this is all new to me .

he was referring to the Kollman video

Canth

Liked Posts:
Than accept that at least 1, maybe 2 of our WR's will be poached and that opportunity probably doesn't come back next off-season.

The most convenient thing would be if the hammy lingers they could pup Ridley...or bail on the Patterson experiment and ship him to the Giants instead, or both.

I don't understand what they see in Braunecker but 7 WR's and 4 TE's would be alot to keep, and that doesn't even count the Raymond kid from Utah St. or the 6'7" man mountain from michigan.

I agree it might worthwhile to see if you can get a draft pick from the Giants especially if the Bears end up being in a position of having extra wide receivers that really are NFL caliber and would get picked up on the waiver wire anyway. But, I still think it is too early to make that move after one 1 padded practice. Maybe you make that move after a couple of preseason games have been played if you are still feeling good about the depth and health of the group.

With the TE's, I thought I read somewhere (one of the semi-media twitter accounts) that Raymond looked slow out there. They mentioned Ian Bunting, the 6'7" guy, was actually looking better. I vaguely remember the Bears keeping 5 TE's at one point last year, but it's hard to see that this year due to the depth at wr and the sorta jack of all trades guy in Patterson. So, assuming they are healthy, you figure Burton and Shaheen make the roster. My guess is that Sowell makes it as that blocking TE for heavy formations. So, I figure it comes down to Braunecker or one of the UDFA guys with special teams being the tiebreaker so to speak - that might give the edge to Braunecker unless a guy like Bunting steps up in that aspect.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
xero is full of hot air

How many people actually wanted Fuller gone? Yeah people were generally down on him, but there wasn't some big movement to cut his ass.

Same was true of Peanut.

Besides, stop fucking talking about that time you were right. Literally everyone else on here has been right about some football shit before. Stop fucking bringing it up. The shit is undignified.

If you were even paying attention to the conversation you would have noticed I didn't bring it up but I sure as hell will talk about it if its mentioned. However that will never stop you from acting as if you have any right to tell me or anyone else what they can talk about.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Ryan Nall. Looking very good in TC. Was second in the NFL in preseason rushing last year. If he continues to impress, he would be a real change of pace with his size, pass catching ability and deceptive speed.
So projecting ahead, I see the Bears RBs for 2019 as follows:
Tariq Cohen
David Montgomery
Mike Davis
Ryan Nall
Kerrith Whyte

That's 5, so gonna have to cut somewhere else. (C. Patterson will be listed as a WR.)

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you were even paying attention to the conversation you would have noticed I didn't bring it up but I sure as hell will talk about it if its mentioned. However that will never stop you from acting as if you have any right to tell me or anyone else what they can talk about.

I bet you will. At length.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree it might worthwhile to see if you can get a draft pick from the Giants especially if the Bears end up being in a position of having extra wide receivers that really are NFL caliber and would get picked up on the waiver wire anyway. But, I still think it is too early to make that move after one 1 padded practice. Maybe you make that move after a couple of preseason games have been played if you are still feeling good about the depth and health of the group.

With the TE's, I thought I read somewhere (one of the semi-media twitter accounts) that Raymond looked slow out there. They mentioned Ian Bunting, the 6'7" guy, was actually looking better. I vaguely remember the Bears keeping 5 TE's at one point last year, but it's hard to see that this year due to the depth at wr and the sorta jack of all trades guy in Patterson. So, assuming they are healthy, you figure Burton and Shaheen make the roster. My guess is that Sowell makes it as that blocking TE for heavy formations. So, I figure it comes down to Braunecker or one of the UDFA guys with special teams being the tiebreaker so to speak - that might give the edge to Braunecker unless a guy like Bunting steps up in that aspect.
Agreed.
If they look at having two TE positions in this offense, which I think they do, or are now, and Shaheen was asked to run better and lose weight (I think the crap about how he looks is overblown, I have 5 competitive sport experience at about the college level and have been training for 27 years, and Shaheen mentioned working on flexibility to prevent injury and balancing his core strength, etc..and he looks good to me. He doesn't need to be "big" because he is naturally big.

You've got Sowell and Bunting maybe, at the inline TE, and then Burton/Shaheen at the Y that each force a different match-up.

Perhaps I don't understand it. But I'd like to see the basketball player and 2-3 year WR from Ashland not asked to block at NFL TE for his first two years. Nagy figured it out but only idiots would have ever treated him different. He was a 220lb WR that bulked up. Let him run free in the wild prairie and we will see what he is. Otherwise he is nothing.

Sowell and Bunting/Raymond as blocking TE's would make me happy. Raymond has one hell of a tape against Michigan St where their o-line is outmatched and he is asked to block elite college DE's and linebackers, he had an incredible game but I don't know he can do that 16 weeks in a row or not. Bunting is built for that though, but Raymond is a fighter in addition to having great hands. He stayed busy.

Yeah...agree on the WR's, no rush. There are a couple teams to flip him to, and the Giants depth chart isn't really that insanely deplete with Funchess and Shephard, Tate might miss 4 games, or 1, and Coleman failed for 3 different teams at least already so not sure if they thought they were counting on him?? seriously? I was a huge fan at Baylor, looked like next steve Smith but has been a total dud.

Braunecker or Raymond/the other shorter Hall/Denmark/Mustipher/Nall/and a d-lineman/Bray would be my practice squad dream.

While hoping to keep Ridley/Wims/Bunting/Patterson/Sowell/Coward/Barr/Whyte/Shelley/E.Hall

all on the roster. I think if you tried to practice squad E.Hall he gets poached.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Let's not act like these late rd WRs we found are all once in a decade type finds. Pace is seeming to find them with regularity now. It isn't the end of the world if we lose one or two of them...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

We need to pay his ass right now and he's gonna need at least $15 mil per but if we wait and another top safety gets more then what K.Byard just got then Eddie's number will go up. I'm pretty sure he's already proven he's one of, if not the best safety in the NFL.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

We'll see what they end up doing at WR and TE and who they end up keeping on the 53 but i just don't think trading Gabriel when we have a chance at being a really good team this year is that great an idea. I think they should call the Patriots and try to trade them Shaheen or Braunk and see if they'll bite especially on Shaheeen. We wouldn't get much in return for him obviously but i like D.Raymond and this E.Richardson kid is supposedly doing really well in TC so far.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Agreed.
If they look at having two TE positions in this offense, which I think they do, or are now, and Shaheen was asked to run better and lose weight (I think the crap about how he looks is overblown, I have 5 competitive sport experience at about the college level and have been training for 27 years, and Shaheen mentioned working on flexibility to prevent injury and balancing his core strength, etc..and he looks good to me. He doesn't need to be "big" because he is naturally big.

You've got Sowell and Bunting maybe, at the inline TE, and then Burton/Shaheen at the Y that each force a different match-up.

Perhaps I don't understand it. But I'd like to see the basketball player and 2-3 year WR from Ashland not asked to block at NFL TE for his first two years. Nagy figured it out but only idiots would have ever treated him different. He was a 220lb WR that bulked up. Let him run free in the wild prairie and we will see what he is. Otherwise he is nothing.

Sowell and Bunting/Raymond as blocking TE's would make me happy. Raymond has one hell of a tape against Michigan St where their o-line is outmatched and he is asked to block elite college DE's and linebackers, he had an incredible game but I don't know he can do that 16 weeks in a row or not. Bunting is built for that though, but Raymond is a fighter in addition to having great hands. He stayed busy.

Yeah...agree on the WR's, no rush. There are a couple teams to flip him to, and the Giants depth chart isn't really that insanely deplete with Funchess and Shephard, Tate might miss 4 games, or 1, and Coleman failed for 3 different teams at least already so not sure if they thought they were counting on him?? seriously? I was a huge fan at Baylor, looked like next steve Smith but has been a total dud.

Braunecker or Raymond/the other shorter Hall/Denmark/Mustipher/Nall/and a d-lineman/Bray would be my practice squad dream.

While hoping to keep Ridley/Wims/Bunting/Patterson/Sowell/Coward/Barr/Whyte/Shelley/E.Hall

all on the roster. I think if you tried to practice squad E.Hall he gets poached.

Who's Funchess and Shephard supposedly fractured his thumb a few days ago but haven't heard how long he'd be out for?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I actually take offense to being called myopic. I've always stated my reasoning behind football opinions and no one on this forum has soapboxed more or harder for Kyle Fuller than I did. For years. I said he would become the best cornerback we have had since Charles Tillman and he is measuring up. Ironically Charles Tillman was another cornerback that fans wanted to give up on before he hit his stride. Something I blame Lovie Smith for heavily. God forbid he let a man corner actually man up on receivers. Nope. Lets make him play 5, 6, 7 yards off the line of scrimmage so receivers have free slants all day.

Disagree. I soapboxed much harder for Fuller than you did. For whatever reason, he ended up in the doghouse and the Bears gave up on him, and I "virulently soapboxed" for Fuller because he had shown he could play in the NFL yet the Bears were trotting out guys like Tracy Porter and Crevon LeBlanc. It was like a Jerry Reinsdorf "smear campaign" that made no sense.

Not sure how many people really gave up on Tillman. Good job.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who's Funchess and Shephard supposedly fractured his thumb a few days ago but haven't heard how long he'd be out for?
Funchess was Cam Newtons 6'6" red zone WR in Carolina, but nevermind, he is with the Colts while the Giants have Bennie Fowler...I made a mix up and they are indeed very thin.

Sheperds thumb is not believed to be serious and Tate had a legit fertility prescription to conceive a child, figured out his own mistake and self reported it before failure...so may get reduced.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Funchess was Cam Newtons 6'6" red zone WR in Carolina, but nevermind, he is with the Colts while the Giants have Bennie Fowler...I made a mix up and they are indeed very thin.

Sheperds thumb is not believed to be serious and Tate had a legit fertility prescription to conceive a child, figured out his own mistake and self reported it before failure...so may get reduced.

I figured that was the Funchess you were talking about and knew he went to Indy to be Luck's #2 but wasn't sure. I saw that they were supposed to bring Kelvin Benjamin in for a workout but not sure if that's happened yet. They say Meredith was healthy enough to practice so maybe they give him a look but very odd that if he was healthy enough to practice that the Saints would cut him instead of letting him give it a go for them first since they still owed him money anyway. The Giants will need to get at least one guy in there to play opposite Shephard cause G.Tate will play slot when he gets back from his 4 game suspension, if it holds up cause i heard he's fighting it.