My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
On Offense:

Run the ball and control the clock. Wilkerson, Perry and Daniels are all on IR and Jordan Howard is a load to tackle when it gets cold. The Rams wanted nothing to do with him. If Nagy had given him more carries Sunday night, he could have easily had 150 yards rushing. Also, I'm happy when Rodgers is a spectator.

Utilize 12 and 13 personnel groupings... These are great formations to run out of but I'm also ready to see Nagy look for mismatches with Shaheen and Burton up the seam and crossing the middle of the field. I like the idea of isolating Blake Martinez and Kentrell Brice in coverage. I want to see him get Mitch warmed up with some easy, confidence building throws.

Right now there are three defenders the Bears need to make sure they control; Alexander, Clark and Fackrell. Clark is probably their best defender left standing but they just handled Suh and Donald so they should be able to block him. You can run right at Fackrell but he is a decent pass rusher and moves well laterally. Alexander is a good rookie corner but he is hyper aggressive. He can be set up for a double move by a good route runner like Robinson or Miller. Matthews is a shell of himself and he is another guy they should target in the run game. Jackson is a zone safety playing corner. If he lines up in man, the Bears should get Gabriel on him and force him to flip his hips. If you watched him at the combine, you know that is a tough deal for him. Cohen on any of their linebackers is a complete mismatch.

Nagy is a match up guy and there are plenty of Packers he can exploit. Plus, he's had a look at Pettine so he should have a decent handle on his scheme.

On Defense:

Fangio was torn apart by allowing free releases in the first game. They need to consistently press the receivers and pressure Rodgers. Their receivers are not explosive athletes except for Valdez-Scantling and Rodgers doesn't trust him. Adams is an excellent player but he's not a field stretcher. Cobb caught his second touchdown of the season last week and makes Alshon Jeffery like like an iron man when you're talking about soft tissue injuries. Rodgers doesn't seem to trust any of the other rookie receivers too. Graham has a hand injury and must be invisible because Rodgers can't seem to see him. The point is lock down Adams and Cobb and take your chances with the other guys in the passing game.

Aaron Jones has had some decent games and is explosive. I'd prefer if Smith kept an eye on him because Jones would be tough on Trevathan in coverage. They need to maintain their gap discipline when Jones is running the ball because he can do damage if the Bears get sloppy. Williams is a stiff and the Bears will be happy when he's getting reps. The Bears cannot allow the Pack to establish the run. Rodgers is just too damn good if they are balanced.

They have three offensive lineman that are dinged up. The Bears need Hicks, Goldman, Mack, RRH, Bullard, Lynch, Floyd and Nichols to impose their will on them. If they can pressure Rodgers in his face and have rush discipline on the edges the Bears should be able to contain him.

On Special Teams:

Both teams have excellent punters and suspect kickers. The biggest advantage I see favors the Bears and is at punt return with Cohen.

The Bears do not want to be in a position that Parkey determines the outcome.

If the Bears come out focused and ready to play, they have a superior roster. There is absolutely no excuse to lose to the Packers even with Aaron Rodgers.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Good stuff, we have the personnel to beat Green Bay so the decorative factor of the game is our coaching. It's going to come down to whether or not Nagy let's Green Bay control the game. If he comes in and calls an aggressive game like our more explosive wins, we have this in the bag. If he tries to get cute or calls too many desperation plays, then Rodgers gets to force us to play keep up.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Good stuff, we have the personnel to beat Green Bay so the decorative factor of the game is our coaching. It's going to come down to whether or not Nagy let's Green Bay control the game. If he comes in and calls an aggressive game like our more explosive wins, we have this in the bag. If he tries to get cute or calls too many desperation plays, then Rodgers gets to force us to play keep up.

I like our chances with Nagy vs. Joe Philbin in the coaching department. Last week Philbin blew both of his challenges on the Falcons' first drive. Anyone with eyes knew he should have kept the flag in his pocket both times.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Well said, playthrough2001!

I see it the same way. Bears D feel challenged and will play hard all 4Qtrs. I still can't help think Adams will get his. Jones is an open question, he'll hit some, but more likely contained as Gurley was.

Got to see McManis targeted plenty, but I think the Secondary is up to the task.

I see the Bears being able to get pressure on Rogers, and largely containing the run, but I expect Pack to score.

Pack D will certainly be trying to fool and pick Mitch, especially setting up for overthrows. It will be essential to establish the run, but I think if Bears give Mitch some high percentage short/medium throws, get into a rhythm, the passing game looks promising. Besides the overthrows, Mitch does protect the ball well.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Well said, playthrough2001!

I see it the same way. Bears D feel challenged and will play hard all 4Qtrs. I still can't help think Adams will get his. Jones is an open question, he'll hit some, but more likely contained as Gurley was.

Got to see McManis targeted plenty, but I think the Secondary is up to the task.

I see the Bears being able to get pressure on Rogers, and largely containing the run, but I expect Pack to score.

Pack D will certainly be trying to fool and pick Mitch, especially setting up for overthrows. It will be essential to establish the run, but I think if Bears give Mitch some high percentage short/medium throws, get into a rhythm, the passing game looks promising. Besides the overthrows, Mitch does protect the ball well.

I agree Nagy has to build him back up and get him moving in the right direction for the playoffs. He also has to realize that a Howard is especially valuable this time of year. Defenses seem less enthusiastic about tackling him when it’s cold. Howard really looked good against the Rams.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Still possible Jordan Howard nabs 1000 yards rushing this season. He averaged over 5 ypc against GB the first time. Give him the ball.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I like our chances with Nagy vs. Joe Philbin in the coaching department. Last week Philbin blew both of his challenges on the Falcons' first drive. Anyone with eyes knew he should have kept the flag in his pocket both times.

This is still the first season and Nagy has had games that I want to chalk up to "learning experiences," but in order to do that he has to show that he learned from them.

To be more specific, I think Nagy too easily gets pass happy and has underestimated opponents (maybe he was overconfident and counted on a win?). I want to see him call a game like he's going for the kill. I want to see us play the whole game like it is the first three quarters of our first game against the Lions, but add in more Jordan Howard.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Run the Ball

Stop the Run

Sack the Quarterback

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;UKxeo7ZUMzo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKxeo7ZUMzo[/video]

Chuck Cecil on consecutive plays...

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Keep them to third and long. Watch the first game, second half they had decent runs and short passes to set up easy third down conversions.

As far as our offense goes, for whatever reason we always clam up against whoever they put on defense. I watch other teams run the Packers out of the building, yet our offense has looked shellshocked against overrated scrubs like Clinton-Dix, BJ Raji and Nick Perry for eons it seems. Just take it to those dudes.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, to quote Monster: Trubisky needs to unfuck himself.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay, since the Jon Gruden stunt didn't work out, let's throw in $50 each and get a billboard with playthrough's formula on it.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Run the Ball

Stop the Run

Sack the Quarterback
Great post - but might I also add create turnovers!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Got to think if Bears can take Davante Adams out of the game, Bears win. Put Fuller and Jackson on him. Prioritize shutting down the run, notch up QB pressure.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Got to think if Bears can take Davante Adams out of the game, Bears win. Put Fuller and Jackson on him. Prioritize shutting down the run, notch up QB pressure.

we still have to worry about equivalence st brown

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I agree Economenis St. Brown if healthy is as dangerous as his older brother EquipmentOptional was.