Beating the Packers - Observations and a How To

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do not throw a ton of interceptions.

I know that seems obvious, but it has been a major issue right now and giving the Packers extra snaps and short fields will get the Bears beat.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
until last game, I was thinking hey, maybe we'll have a qb with a better than 2:1 TD:INT ratio.

sadly, it is probably not to be

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
until last game, I was thinking hey, maybe we'll have a qb with a better than 2:1 TD:INT ratio.

He would need to turn the ship pretty quickly.

The defense gave up 3 points on 3 turnovers last week. That will not be the case against Rodgers.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch needs to average 3:1 over the next 3 weeks to get to 2:1 for the season.

He could also go 1:0 over the next 3 weeks, although that would be pretty lame.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Still could. My guess is he goes 2:1 against GB, and probably will pad the stats some against the 49ers.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I can see this Fackrell dude being a real annoyance in the long line of Packer scrubs who beast against the Bears. He has a stupid name and looks like a typical inbred Packer linebacker, we have to control him.

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
I wonder if it takes a lot longer to draw up a contract if the guys name is:

Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsdomino

Liked Posts:
keep-it-fair-keep-it-fair.jpg

skcusIHC

Liked Posts:
Good luck to your team Bears fans! Although, I don't think it will be needed. Hell of a defense that's been assembled there. Fuller & Jackson both playing at Pro Bowl levels in that secondary. Mack, Smith, Hicks... hell of a core already and solid players & contributors elsewhere. Enjoy it, your team is in position for more than a 1 year wonder. If your QB takes his game to a higher level, it's hard not to put Chicago as early season favorites for at least a few years.

All the skill position players are in place. A vertical threat at TE, a scat back, a bruising back, a deep threat WR, a bonified #1 WR, and a young high potential WR. There's some jealousy from this fan with the way that roster has been built on both sides of the ball.

I've always maintained I look forward to the time that both Chicago & Green Bay are battling for something meaningful. By FAR, the best and most storied rivalry in the NFL. Not certain how much I'm going to enjoy it if my Packers continue to fall further behind in the talent level. Until the Bears knock them out though and make a deep run into the playoffs, it's game on!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I can see this Fackrell dude being a real annoyance in the long line of Packer scrubs who beast against the Bears. He has a stupid name and looks like a typical inbred Packer linebacker, we have to control him.

He’s not really a scrub but a young, ascending player that has some pretty good games on his resume. Yes, they need to control him.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Good news: Greeny has picked the Packers, so we're in great shape.

Bad news: Some Bears fans are fearing a Packers backup LB, Fackrell. The Packers are clearly living in the heads of some fans if that is the case.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bad news: Some Bears fans are fearing a Packers backup LB, Fackrell. The Packers are clearly living in the heads of some fans if that is the case.

the fans don't matter.....many are brain-dead and have zero coherent thoughts.....the players execution of a good plan is all that matters.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Pointing out the Bears need to account for Fackrell certainly doesn't correlate to "fearing" him. He has two three sack games this year.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Here’s the thing, contrary to the past, I don’t think this Packers team even deserves a thread/discussion on how to beat them. They simply aren’t that good. You don’t have to do anything special to beat them imo.

The Rams on the other hand, we’re worthy of a such a thread/discussion.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Here’s the thing, contrary to the past, I don’t think this Packers team even deserves a thread/discussion on how to beat them. They simply aren’t that good. You don’t have to do anything special to beat them imo.

The Rams on the other hand, we’re worthy of a such a thread/discussion.

The Bears have had so much success recently against the Packers that this makes perfect sense. For a second there I thought they were 3-17 over the last twenty meetings including an opening day loss this year.

I think the Bears will win big Sunday but scoffing at the Packers is pretty silly.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The Bears have had so much success recently against the Packers that this makes perfect sense. For a second there I thought they were 3-17 over the last twenty meetings including an opening day loss this year.

That past record is for a different Bears (and Packers) team which has no bearing in this matchup. Who fucking cares if Jay Cutler and company couldn’t beat the Packers, him and that team aren’t the Bears anymore.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That past record is for a different Bears (and Packers) team which has no bearing in this matchup. Who fucking cares if Jay Cutler and company couldn’t beat the Packers, him and that team aren’t the Bears anymore.

Just about everyone on the team outside of Robinson, Gabriel, Witzmann, Burton, Mack and the rookie class are 0-3 against them in the last three.

Guys like Howard, Hicks, Fuller, Trevathan, Prince, Jackson, Floyd, Whitehair, Leno, Massie, Mitch (he started two of them), Amos, McManis and Cohen...

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Rip Aaron Rodgers head off (figuratively speaking).

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
tumblr_mkotjjHfhQ1rge9rdo1_500.png

Cutty put in the work as evidenced above, he was not the problem vs. GB. Give Cutty this playbook and he would be straight rolling fools. Not even Tom Brady would be successful under Marc Trestman.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Good luck to your team Bears fans! Although, I don't think it will be needed. Hell of a defense that's been assembled there. Fuller & Jackson both playing at Pro Bowl levels in that secondary. Mack, Smith, Hicks... hell of a core already and solid players & contributors elsewhere. Enjoy it, your team is in position for more than a 1 year wonder. If your QB takes his game to a higher level, it's hard not to put Chicago as early season favorites for at least a few years.

All the skill position players are in place. A vertical threat at TE, a scat back, a bruising back, a deep threat WR, a bonified #1 WR, and a young high potential WR. There's some jealousy from this fan with the way that roster has been built on both sides of the ball.

I've always maintained I look forward to the time that both Chicago & Green Bay are battling for something meaningful. By FAR, the best and most storied rivalry in the NFL. Not certain how much I'm going to enjoy it if my Packers continue to fall further behind in the talent level. Until the Bears knock them out though and make a deep run into the playoffs, it's game on!
Nice to have you on the beard, skcusIHC! I hope it's an injury free game. Curious, though, which Bears TE is a vertical threat?