Besides Payton. Who is your most Pure Back for the Chicago Bears?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I never seen Butkus play in real life but I believe he is the Bears best linebacker ever

I vaguely remember him as a kid. But he was feared ( as was our D). He was a hard hitter. In the mold of the 85' Bears.

Check him out

When I was growing up you could cream an offensive player. But now it's "against the law"
?‍♂️
?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Hey Nagonator .........here's some trivia for ya. Guess where the position of MLB originated ??? ;)

jive

Liked Posts:
He was so goddamn slow on Tecmo Bowl.
Bailey actually wasn't. Mark Green and Brad Muster were the slow ones.
I won many a game putting Brad Muster at TE/WR and Neal Anderson at WR, and flinging it with Mikey T. Johnny Bailey actually made a decent RB.

jive

Liked Posts:
Best football player, #34. He was an excellent runner that can run you over, or drop your jock. He was an excellent receiver with excellent hands and route running ability. He was a punishing blocker, that could also throw the ball like a QB, and kick like a punter. He could also return kicks. He could play any skill position on offense, and if given the opportunity, would have been awesome on defense.

But best pure runner, Sayers by a mile. He was in another world. He was stupid fast, and so damn graceful that it didn't even look like he was making moves when guys were crashing into each other trying to tackle him. The guy had 4 gears, and shifted at will. He could change direction on a dime. The man's vision and feel was so good, you'd swear he had eyes in the back of his head. He didn't have the power of Payton, but he didn't need it because no-one could touch him. Don't get me wrong, Sayers was still a hard guy to take down if you were lucky enough to get your hands on him. The dude was ahead of his time by decades.

Honorable mentions:
Neal Anderson - One of the things I loved about #35 was that he considered himself a fullback even though he had halfback moves and wide receiver speed. Anderson had big play ability, as well as the ability to grind it out. As a pure runner, he had it all before injury. In addition to being a great runner, he was one hell of a receiver. He could run WR routes. I remember him motioning out to split end, and burning the defender with speed.

Matt Forte - As a pure runner, he lacked power but he had great speed and acceleration with some wiggle. One hell of a receiver that could run any route, as well as pick up the blitz. Ultimate RB for a pass heavy team. Could make the big play as well.

Thomas Jones - Complete back that could run, block, and catch. Not that much big play ability compared to the others, but could get chunk yardage consistently. Had some amazing strength, and some wiggle. We never should have replaced him with Benson.

Last edited:

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Must be from the Chicago Bears and Dick Butkus????

It was actually before Butkus. Big Bill George played for our beloved and was thought to be the first prototype middle linebacker.