legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Fales, why go elsewhere when this kid "could" be serviceable if he can play within a system

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
The one time the Bears got to the playoffs it was Cutler's epic horrendous play vs the Packers that first allowed them into the playoffs and then afford them the opportunity to again whip that QB they made their bitch in the playoffs. Jay is a prolific loser. History backs this statement up for me.

I agree with you. I never claimed he was a big winner. I don't like how you just say he sucked with no context whatsoever. Fair enough that he has sucked and has given away his fair share of games, but investing all of that money and leaving Cutler protected by Chris Williams, Gabe Carimi, and J-webb is pure insanity. I just don't see the point in off loading him if you clearly got nothing better in mind. An 85 career QBR is probably better than what you find elsewhere while waiting to see what Pace is gonna do with the future of the position in mind.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I agree with you. I never claimed he was a big winner. I don't like how you just say he sucked with no context whatsoever. Fair enough that he has sucked and has given away his fair share of games, but investing all of that money and leaving Cutler protected by Chris Williams, Gabe Carimi, and J-webb is pure insanity. I just don't see the point in off loading him if you clearly got nothing better in mind. An 85 career QBR is probably better than what you find elsewhere while waiting to see what Pace is gonna do with the future of the position in mind.

did Williams even play in 2010? and Carimi wasn't drafted until the next season. I don't even remember the 2010 offensive line, I think Lance Louis and Webb were in the mix though.

2011 and 2013 were the years they could've made the playoffs. 2010 they just played with zero urgency to close out the season and the Packers embarrassed them at Soldier Field. Lovie Smith and Mike Martz were both very stubborn coaches, I think that's what mostly derailed 2010 and 2011, coupled with the Cutler thumb injury that followed when the team was playing pretty hot.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
did Williams even play in 2010? and Carimi wasn't drafted until the next season. I don't even remember the 2010 offensive line, I think Lance Louis and Webb were in the mix though.

2011 and 2013 were the years they could've made the playoffs. 2010 they just played with zero urgency to close out the season and the Packers embarrassed them at Soldier Field. Lovie Smith and Mike Martz were both very stubborn coaches, I think that's what mostly derailed 2010 and 2011, coupled with the Cutler thumb injury that followed when the team was playing pretty hot.

Yeah I think you you got it right. Throw in the rotting corpse of Olin Kreutz as well in there IIRC. I think Carimi got injured his rookie year. Still all I remember was the Bears looked like a clown show out there. Disgusting stats like he was sacked as much in one year as much as he was in 3 in Denver.

mecha

Liked Posts:
the Giants game where he was sacked 9 times in the first half and went out with a concussion. lol

CBMB ate Martz alive for the 7 step drops. it's funny though, when they played the Cowboys everyone was predicting Ware was gonna kill Cutler and Martz adjusted to like 3 step drops to just get the ball out quicker and he continuously was beating their pressure and gashed them to win the game.

2010 was a fun season. like I've been saying though, they had no urgency in that last Packer game. the defense held the Packers to TEN points and they still couldn't put them away.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm here, http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/2013.htm

is this a good metric? if I recall with the Cutler hamstring injuries, he played 9 games to McCown's 7, full games, not when they split when he left hurt.

EDIT: I'm not 100% trying to argue with you here, I'm just saying when you factor the playing time of the two they were pretty even.

Call me crazy but I think there is a huge difference between a 109 passer rating and an 89. Josh also had higher yards per attempt, better completion percentage and I also believe a 13:1 TD to Int ratio is miles better than a 1.3:1.

Let's be serious, those stats are nowhere near close.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
31 teams thought Russell Wilson wasn't ready either. He was. Also haven't seen what vet QBs will be available yet. Osweiler more intriguing to a team who has gone nowhere with the QB they've been stuck with.

At least it's not Tom Brady anymore when guys bring up exceptions as proof of a rule.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
If you want Cutler to be fully replaced, there's a big problem. I think other than Stanton and Daniels, and maybe Fitzpatrick, everyone else will likely cost at least 10 mil or so per season and with starter aspiration (I'd argue Fitz will want starter money too). With Cutler on the books, it's definitely not worth paying 25 mil or so for the QB position having two mediocre QBs battling it out.

If Cutler gets shipped somewhere, then you have the problem of get Osweiler, Cousin, or even Bradford as the bigger names. The other options you have would be to trade for either Kaep, RG3, and maybe Johnny Manziel. I don't know if Mettenberger is worth it? Would you trade for Geno Smith or EJ Manuel? Are any of those guys really any better than Cutler?

I'm all for finding a replacement, but I just don't see how the numbers would make it worthwhile. I wouldn't want to trade any picks for a Geno Smith or EJ Manuel, unless it's like a 4th or 5th, which I don't think is realistic at all.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you want Cutler to be fully replaced, there's a big problem. I think other than Stanton and Daniels, and maybe Fitzpatrick, everyone else will likely cost at least 10 mil or so per season and with starter aspiration (I'd argue Fitz will want starter money too). With Cutler on the books, it's definitely not worth paying 25 mil or so for the QB position having two mediocre QBs battling it out.

If Cutler gets shipped somewhere, then you have the problem of get Osweiler, Cousin, or even Bradford as the bigger names. The other options you have would be to trade for either Kaep, RG3, and maybe Johnny Manziel. I don't know if Mettenberger is worth it? Would you trade for Geno Smith or EJ Manuel? Are any of those guys really any better than Cutler?

I'm all for finding a replacement, but I just don't see how the numbers would make it worthwhile. I wouldn't want to trade any picks for a Geno Smith or EJ Manuel, unless it's like a 4th or 5th, which I don't think is realistic at all.
Pretty sure Denver will hold on to Osweiler and Washington will do the same with Cousins. Pretty certain nobody will take Manziel. No interest in Stanton, Smith, Emanuel or Daniel. Kaep wants to go to Jets and I suspect there's been some tampering there and he may very well end up there which will free up Fitz, who is basically a cheaper version of Cutler but would just be a filler at any rate. Mettenberger hasn't shown much promise. This leaves us with only 2 QBs you mentioned. Not sure how much Bradford will fetch in free agency, but I'd only give him a go if the price is low cause, let's face it, he's done nothing to warrant another big contract. No, there's only 1 and I would suspect he'd be dirt cheap, even vet minimum type cheap. Hell, I'd give him a try but I'd be looking for another QB at the same time.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
The Jets haven't said anything about Kap, but I doubt there is any interest. Fitzpatrick can be had for cheaper and pound for pound Kaepernick is really not THAT much better. Fitzpatrick orchestrated franchise high's for them in terms of their passing attack and offense generated. If they are smart they are not going to fracture their locker room for his crybaby ass.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Jets haven't said anything about Kap, but I doubt there is any interest. Fitzpatrick can be had for cheaper and pound for pound Kaepernick is really not THAT much better. Fitzpatrick orchestrated franchise high's for them in terms of their passing attack and offense generated. If they are smart they are not going to fracture their locker room for his crybaby ass.
And when they needed him most in that final game, he shit the bed big time. He's also turning 34 during the next football season so clearly not the future. But he also had a good run with them before shitting the bed so badly so that will push up his price. So what's exciting about paying a 33 year old QB who has never seen the playoffs more money? For 3 mil, he was a viable option but he'll cost much more now.

When Kaep first mentioned he wanted to go to the Jets, I thought it strange. Why NY Jets? A guy that has gotten some harsh criticism in the media now wants to come to the 1 city where the media would put him under a microscope the most and knock him down every chance they get? And the Jets did offer a response. They said they were "intrigued".

According to the report, the Jets are aware of Kaepernick's wishes and "intrigued" by the notion, but they are still in the midst of their own offseason evaluations and cannot comment due to potential tampering violations.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Nah I just don't see it. Kaepernick has a horrible reputation in player circles. I know the name of the game is win ballgames, but I'm certain most front office are aware of what players think of him.

I say they should sign Fitz to a 3 year deal if they can. I mean really how much longer could a guy that will be 34 years old be looking to play? In the intermediate it's better to listen to their own players who are telling them to keep Kaepernick the fuck away.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Call me crazy but I think there is a huge difference between a 109 passer rating and an 89. Josh also had higher yards per attempt, better completion percentage and I also believe a 13:1 TD to Int ratio is miles better than a 1.3:1.

I watched all the same games you did, McCown must be awful at throwing interceptions, he had like 4 passes in that Cowboys game alone that should've been picked off. the "almost interceptions" :lmao:

I liked watching McCown play that year, I thought he gave the team better chances of winning. I thought it was batshit that the team lost him over what was it, $1 on his contract? so the suckass could go to shitty teams like the Bucs and Browns and eat cock for a couple years. good job Joshua, hope you enjoy your money.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:

If we're naming linemen, remember bringing in an incredibly washed up Orlando Pace, and Frank Omiyale.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we're naming linemen, remember bringing in an incredibly washed up Orlando Pace, and Frank Omiyale.

Add to that Schaefer, Spencer, Beekman, etc.... 'Twas dark times.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
When you have a QB like Cutler, you shouldn't be looking for a career backup but rather someone who could challenge him for the starting role.
I would have that mentality with ANY starting QB on my team, I don't care if it is Aaron Rodgers. You bring a QB into camp it should always be with the idea he could be better than your starter. That there may be something there better than what you have, give him a fair shot, see what happens.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think any team would do that if they thought that guy was available.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
and I also believe a 13:1 TD to Int ratio is miles better than a 1.3:1.

They are just a decimal point off from being exactly alike. I would call that close.

You are right though, NcCown had much better numbers.