Best three players on team currently

Washington

Liked Posts:
I think we're going to learn sooner rather than later that Roquan Smith is the best football player on our team.

Dunno about the best, but surely up there. I stated after the draft that I think Roquan will be the 1st of Pace's draft picks selected to a PB and it could happen his rookie season. The kid is very well spoken and humble too. Just a great pick all around.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I honestly don't know/don't care who the best three players are, but a few people who need to be good are Floyd, Fuller, and Mitch

staleystarch

Liked Posts:
Hicks, Howard, and I'll go out on a limb and also say Floyd. That said, Trubisky will either jump to the top of my list during the season or fall to the bottom.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The team has talent. There’s not a ton of star power but you can look at either side of the ball and make a case for several players.

Goldman
Trevathan
Fuller
Amos
Jackson
Floyd

Whitehair
Cohen
Robinson
Leno
Long (when healthy)
Trubisky (hopefully)

Seems to me there’s a solid base on both sides of the ball. It’s up to Nagy and Fangio to turn these solid players into a group that hang wins on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I read your list, then add Hicks, Howard, and the free agents and rookies....someone please explain why this team cannot compete for the division? Why should we expect less?

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Hicks, Howard and Trevathan.

Pretty simple. Would like to see Robinson and Trubisky on this list after this season.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I like Fuller, but his 4 interceptions in the last 2 years would say otherwise. He is a great open field tackler though.

He has also shown that he can keep the receiver from catching the pass by knocking it down. I thought he was outstanding at that last year! The kid played very well most of the year last year.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When I read your list, then add Hicks, Howard, and the free agents and rookies....someone please explain why this team cannot compete for the division? Why should we expect less?

We shouldn’t expect less. A lot will depend on #10 though. Hopefully the “fluff” we’ve been reading comes to fruition for once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:

We will be better than last year even if we had the same players. The Coaching staff had a huge affect on our chances to win last year. Fox coached to avoid losing. ST Coach Rogers was always got lousy results. Odds are we won't be injured as much. I am not sure if our schedule is tougher this year or not, but it was very tough last year. The good news is our good young rookies from last year will be better and we have added some great talent where we had hardly any last year. We don't have Glennon to give away games.

So many different players are listed as the best 3 on the team because, as it has been said, we have some talent, we've added more talent where we had none and we have a new aggressive Coaching staff. I am looking for 9-10 wins.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
At the time of FA, GB had a pretty dire group of corners.

Fuller was garbage until his contract year. He still can't run with receivers, turn his head and find the ball. He plays much better facing the LOS and he tackles well. Classic zone corner. Would have been ok in Lovie's defense but I don't trust him playing man.

And thank you, I agree that my logic is consistently impeccable.

Also, which all pro team? He wasn't even an alternate on the AP all pro team.

Interestingly enough, he was the least thrown to CB on the team last year, mainly because while being a good zone corner, he was a hell of a man corner last year, keeping his guy covered very well regardless of his ability to turn his head.

Can't make big plays if the ball isn't coming your way.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hugh? Fuller was the most targeted cornerback in the NFL last season and he acquitted himself well.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
HIcks
Howard
Goldman