Bickell a healthy scratch?

cplmac

Liked Posts:
I heard Bickell was a scratch tonight against Winnipeg but I didn't hear if he was a healthy scratch or if he has an injury.   What's the word?</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whole team deserves to be a healthy scratch. Why was there no GDT?

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hopefully this sheds light on Quennville's idiotic decision to carry eight defensemen.</p>

</p>

Not saying Bickell didn't deserve to sit, but having Kostka playing forward is moronic.</p>

</p>

Solution: Call up Pirri, sit Handzus at the pressbox buffet, and send Kostka down.</p>

R K

Bickell was brought back when he shouldn't have been.  He skated for three weeks with a knee brace on each knee.  When he lost the first brace his game certainly showed it for the next three games.  Several charts have shown he's not been playing bad.  Mean while Zus has no points in 13 games.</p>

</p>

Pirri did something to piss off the organization and has been out for three weeks with injury, only just coming back this weekend.  So that wasn't an option and not knowing what he did (no one will talk about it) probably not an option if not injured.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Think it was a good move, his game needs to improve drastically and if this is the way to send a message then so be it. Right now our team as a whole has hit a very rough patch in terms of ability/potential compared to the actual results. </p>

</p>

I am hoping this road trip really gets things going as it has in the past few years, but it is a very difficult trip this year. Like to see Kane get going again as well, the hockey gods have not been good to him as of late. </p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-time="1390828593" data-cid="220104" data-author="puckjim">

Hopefully this sheds light on Quennville's idiotic decision to carry eight defensemen.

Not saying Bickell didn't deserve to sit, but having Kostka playing forward is moronic.

Solution: Call up Pirri, sit Handzus at the pressbox buffet, and send Kostka down.</p></blockquote>

Wait?!? Kostka was on the ice last night?!?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
mail3rdin.jpg
</p>

</p>

Pretty much sums up the game.  Honestly though, I don't think any player who was out in the previous couple of games would have made a difference--especially since Bollig has the title of offensive juggernaut (bitch!), and Hossa coughed up the puck on the GWG against like a smokercoughs up phlegm.</p>

</p>

I liked keeping Bickell out for a game--either to heal or as a rectal craniectomy, but our boys just look off--and even though it's not panic time it is the "Hey, Q, time to do your coaching thing!" time to try and get the boys to focus.</p>

</p>

We're in a good position based on how we have played thus far, but  let's try and keep the nose up before we lose too much altitude.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="220112" data-time="1390839581">
<div>

Think it was a good move, his game needs to improve drastically and if this is the way to send a message then so be it. Right now our team as a whole has hit a very rough patch in terms of ability/potential compared to the actual results. </p>

</p>

I am hoping this road trip really gets things going as it has in the past few years, but it is a very difficult trip this year. Like to see Kane get going again as well, the hockey gods have not been good to him as of late. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I don't mind the move but guys like Oduya/Zus have been far worse than Bickell.</p>

</p>

Q seems to have his pets and goes with them..  I love the expert Mark Lazerous tweeting he liked Kostka as a forward last night.  Idiot.  He's not a forward, and Brookbank is not an NHL player.</p>

</p>

Like I've always said sometimes Q wins because of the team and sometimes he loses because he's Q.</p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BiscuitInTheBasket2in17" data-cid="220113" data-time="1390839788">
<div>

Wait?!? Kostka was on the ice last night?!?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Kostka is one of Quenneville's stupid toys and Stan needs to ground him from using him.</p>

</p>

The Blackhawks don't need eight fucking defensemen</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="220121" data-time="1390843545">
<div>

I don't mind the move but guys like Oduya/Zus have been far worse than Bickell.</p>

</p>

Q seems to have his pets and goes with them..  I love the expert Mark Lazerous tweeting he liked Kostka as a forward last night.  Idiot.  He's not a forward, and Brookbank is not an NHL player.</p>

</p>

Like I've always said sometimes Q wins because of the team and sometimes he loses because he's Q.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Yea, I am also a big Handzus fanboy as I think his game away from the stat sheet is very valuable to our club. Regardless, playing Kostka on the 3rd line was like some sort of leap of faith, just no clue what was going on there, last night the Krugers 4th line was truly our 3rd. </p>

</p>

Right now the team needs a wake up call, I know the sky isn't falling, but the teams game has just been dreadful since the new year started. Whether it be complacency, laziness or bad luck something needs to light a fire under their ass. I am confident it will, but we have seen this play out before like in 2011 and 2012, these little slumps need to be corrected.</p>

</p>

We are far and away the best team on paper and on the ice in the NHL, but right now we are in a spot where we must prove it again.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Speaking of wake-up calls. Pirri recalled according to the GCL notifgication.</p>

R K

Rather them face it now than in April.  I don't even care about home ice through out the playoffs with this team.  Not always good being the best team all regular season  IMO that team rarely wins the Stanley Cup.  Especially back to back.</p>

</p>

Another thing people need to realize is that EVERY team comes in like they are playing the Stanley Cup Champs, because really they are.  From GM, to Coach, to team, they all have that mind set when playing the Hawks.</p>

</p>

Someone said we lost to the shit as Jets last night.  Really, the team that's 6-1 since the shitty NOEL was fired, should be a walk over? Yea..  Ok..</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="220128" data-time="1390847168">
<div>

Speaking of wake-up calls. Pirri recalled according to the GCL notifgication.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Apparently it would have been sooner but his injury just had him back over the weekend.  He's on thin ice so we all know how that plays in Q's hand book.  IMO he made Kanes game that much better and did something to piss the off, OFF the ice</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So will Zus be a scratch and Pirri center the third line?  Or will Shaw move down to wing on the third line and Pirri center the second line?  If Shaw stays on the second, who plays wing on the third (Brookbank or Kostka - ugh!)  What's up with Q and Morin?  Was Bickell out of the lineup due to lack of productivity - according to CSN during the game last night - or bad knees (or both?).  Will he be a (healthy) scratch for forseeable future or back in the lineup soon? </p>

R K

Versteeg and 88 have zero chemistry, thus versteeg missing a wide open net on 88's set up in the 3rd last night.  Put Shaw and Versteeg back where they belong.  On the 3rd line.  </p>

</p>

10-19-81</p>

</p>

20-27-88</p>

</p>

32-65-29</p>

</p>

52-16-28</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="220133" data-time="1390848406">
<div>

Hopefully this leads to Handzus being scratched, but Pickle will probably ride the pine again.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I scratched him on my roster above.  Then again i'd have NOT resigned him!!</p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="220141" data-time="1390851551">
<div>

I scratched him on my roster above.  Then again i'd have NOT resigned him!!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Agreed.   </p>