Bickell a healthy scratch?

cplmac

Liked Posts:
I did not know Bickell had two bad wheels when we signed him.  If he's healthy I think that contract is worth doing, he would have got that money elsewhere and it's not always better to let someone go (Ladd I still don't get).  Maybe Bickell can get healthy during Sochi, hell maybe the whole team will come back ready to kick some ass.</p>

R K

He didn't.  He hurt them both this season.  The worse of the two in Colorado when he slammed into the goal post and was out for a month.</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
That's just shit luck all around then.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="cplmac" data-cid="220275" data-time="1390947133">
<div>

That's just shit luck all around then.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

He's lucky he didn't break his leg on the goal post in Colorado.</p>

</p>

So when back Bickell had a knee brace on each knee.  He skated with those braces for several games.  Then removing one, while still wearing the other, his game had very noticeable improvement.  According to JEN the stats guru on Twitter his puck possession numbers have been very good, with the little time Q has been giving him.  Q must not see those numbers because 10 minutes is not much to expect ANY player to be consistently productive.</p>

</p>

Mean while, Zus, who is as slow as most skaters on this board, has not had a point in 14 games, and is continued to be paraded out there while Q calls out another player, who was probably rushed back before he should have been</p>

</p>

Then again, I'm not the coach, have my name on the Cup two times in four years, and 3rd on the all time win list for NHL Coaches.</p>

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="220148" data-time="1390855590">
<div>

His playoff numbers say other wise and I question if we win the Cup in 2013 without him.</p>

</p>

I do not get the 4 mil salary though on just that production.</p>

</p>

And I was talking about Zus TSD, not Bickell.  He's playing injured and has in every game since the one in Colorado.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I still stand by my comment.  As I said I could tolerate it more, if he turns out to be a consistent playoff guy.  That contract is just a joke though.  I remember Huet's playoff numbers were the reason we signed him :)</p>

R K

Hind sight is a wonderful thing.  Bickell would have gotten more from a couple of teams.  Doesn't mean it was good giving him 4 mil either.  Totally agree.  But if Bickell plays like Bickell can his game reminds me a lot of Lucic.  But skating on two bad knees isn't going to help him.  It's a valid excuse.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="220335" data-time="1391014542">
<div>

Hind sight is a wonderful thing.  Bickell would have gotten more from a couple of teams.  Doesn't mean it was good giving him 4 mil either.  Totally agree.  But if Bickell plays like Bickell can his game reminds me a lot of Lucic.  But skating on two bad knees isn't going to help him.  It's a valid excuse.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

its more than a viable excuse. and with two fucked up knees comes a complete mental fuck aswell. bickell cant be having fun this season on the ice or off of it. its def going to effect more than just his game. once again its all btw him his drs and the team but in my opinion he should be getting limited games right now. easy for me to say of course. </p>

R K

I like how Foly ripped him for getting back last night I think on the 2nd goal.  Um Pat would you like to tell me where the FUCK your D man was, in that a FORWARD was back checking playing defense?</p>

</p>

Pat I'll answer, your D man, like they were doing ALL Night, were pinching so far out of position they could not get back.</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
He's a healthy scratch again tonight. I wish they would just put him on the injured list for another month because healthy scratches are kind of a slap in the face.

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="cplmac" data-cid="220416" data-time="1391053719">
<div>

He's a healthy scratch again tonight. I wish they would just put him on the injured list for another month because healthy scratches are kind of a slap in the face.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I think calling him a "healthy" scratch is kind of a misnomer. He's clearly not playing at 100%. The Hawks should have left him on LTIR longer so he could heal. Especially since Morin had just started finding his game on the 3rd line.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="220449" data-time="1391105400">
<div>

I think calling him a "healthy" scratch is kind of a misnomer. He's clearly not playing at 100%. The Hawks should have left him on LTIR longer so he could heal. Especially since Morin had just started finding his game on the 3rd line.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Completely agree.  Instead they put not one but TWO knee braces on him and said, "Go skate"....  Why they didn't afford him the time to heal and let Morin, who looked good continue is beyond me.</p>

</p>

Something this organization is awesome, and others you just shake your head and go what the fuck!</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="220453" data-time="1391107787">
<div>

Completely agree.  Instead they put not one but TWO knee braces on him and said, "Go skate"....  Why they didn't afford him the time to heal and let Morin, who looked good continue is beyond me.</p>

</p>

Something this organization is awesome, and others you just shake your head and go what the fuck!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

This is where you have to rub your temples and realize that nobody will be 100% right. You just have to be more right than anybody else.</p>

R K

as long as they continue to be successful it won't matter.  They've created such unreal expectations for this team it's almost sad watching fan reaction at times</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="220547" data-time="1391179992">
<div>

as long as they continue to be successful it won't matter.  They've created such unreal expectations for this team it's almost sad watching fan reaction at times</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

QFT. </p>

</p>

But at least we aint Vancouver.</p>

tvltre

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="220547" data-time="1391179992">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Those aren't real fans.  The Bandwagon jumpers who don't get it, don't count.</p>

</p>

As for Bick, I bet we will see a much stronger skater after the olympic break when he has that time to actually heal.</p>

Just hope he doesn't have a set back before then.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-time="1391179992" data-cid="220547" data-author="R K">

as long as they continue to be successful it won't matter.  They've created such unreal expectations for this team it's almost sad watching fan reaction at times</p></blockquote>

The fact that people were ready to jump off the bridge 3 games played into January and calling the season over says it all about the way to lofty expectations.....amazingly it is hard to even discuss that while not playing well they were still getting points and generally over a 0.500 scale...essentially still playing above average while playing poorly.