Biggs - Bears are moving on from Fields

msadows

Liked Posts:
Also, he's been saying this for 2 months.

Bama made a thread about it in december.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That's not an opinion piece.

That's the most plugged in and longstanding Bears beat reporter saying something definitively.

If you think that means nothing, 🤷‍♂️

I'm so tired of this bullshit. Biggs isn't the most plugged in to anything.

99% of his interviews on the score are him being asked about a subject and he replies "Well, I don't really agree with that subject, but I could agree with the subject, but who knows, maybe that subject happens anyway?" - He hedges his bets more than a politician.

The truth is, whatever the Bears do, we aren't going to find out about it from Brad Biggs. There are national guys who are far more plugged in than he is. Brad is projecting what he WANTS the Bears to do, because quarterback change means more hits and clicks in Chicago media, so that's why they are pushing it so hard.

Honestly, just fess up. You found something that reaffirms your confirmation bias, so you are going to cling to that like a 13 year old girl clings to Taylor Swift tickets...

msadows

Liked Posts:

99% of his interviews on the score are him being asked about a subject and he replies "Well, I don't really agree with that subject, but I could agree with the subject, but who knows, maybe that subject happens anyway?" - He hedges his bets more than a politician.

The truth is, whatever the Bears do, we aren't going to find out about it from Brad Biggs. There are national guys who are far more plugged in than he is. Brad is projecting what he WANTS the Bears to do, because quarterback change means more hits and clicks in Chicago media, so that's why they are pushing it so hard.

Pretty much any beat guys on the score suck. IDK how anyone can listen to that station most of the time.

Least they dont have a 4 hour weekend show where 2 women talk about their kids like ESPN does.

Chicago sports radio personalities are pretty pathetic

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Honestly, just fess up. You found something that reaffirms your confirmation bias, so you are going to cling to that like a 13 year old girl clings to Taylor Swift tickets...
This is very inaccurate.

QB change doesn't mean more hits and clicks. The story is just as big if they keep Fields and trade the pick. Having the #1 pick and a viable and well-liked QB already is the click machine here. Either way it's a huge story.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'm just saying, this isnt news, its an educated opinion.

Poles is not telling anyone in the media what he is doing with #1 or fields before the combine even starts.
He’s not. But it’s not out of the realm of possibility that things get leaked. Not saying that’s the case here….but you can’t rule it out…and Biggs would be a legitimate source for information to get leaked to.

Or it could be misinformation.

Or it could be an educated guess. Either way, we’re talking about it so Biggs wins again.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

You seemed to have added a stage to dealing with grief.

denial, anger, conspiracy theory, bargaining, depression and acceptance

msadows

Liked Posts:
He’s not. But it’s not out of the realm of possibility that things get leaked. Not saying that’s the case here….but you can’t rule it out…and Biggs would be a legitimate source for information to get leaked to.

Or it could be misinformation.

Or it could be an educated guess. Either way, we’re talking about it so Biggs wins again.

He's been saying this since the final month of the season, so this isn't news. Its just what biggs feels and expects to happen based on his "connections" inside the building, and it very likely will happen.

Its just more opinion pieces. Legit the definition of it. Poles is not telling some fat fuck, no matter how nice he is, what he is doing in the draft when he hasn't even met at the combine yet.

The combine is where the high majority of these deals get done. Thats where either the fields trade or #1 trade talks actually heat up.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Biggs is right on the Bears more often than not as I've observed over the years, whether you like him or not. He also doesn't typically report things unless he has a pretty good understanding of the situation. It's also not really groundbreaking news that the Bears may draft a QB. Just my 2️⃣cents

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Biggs is right on the Bears more often than not as I've observed over the years, whether you like him or not. He also doesn't typically report things unless he has a pretty good understanding of the situation. It's also not really groundbreaking news that the Bears may draft a QB. Just my 2️⃣cents
Yep. It’s not some conspiracy.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'm just saying, this isnt news, its an educated opinion.

Poles is not telling anyone in the media what he is doing with #1 or fields before the combine even starts.
It's not too hard to read the tea leaves and pick up sentiment from people in the building though.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It's an educated opinion by Biggs. But it's also a logical one just based on the people he knows in the Bears organization. When you hear THE KINDS of discussions they are having, you can get a good sense of which direction they are going. And there has not even been a hint from anyone with sources that the Bears are even considering keeping Fields. It just seems like he is going to get traded well before the draft.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I forget who it was…. But one of the big national media guys said we could get a Fields trade in the next two weeks. For the mental health of some here I really hope so. Not sure everyone will survive the next 70+ days otherwise

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
That's the most plugged in and longstanding Bears beat reporter saying something definitively.
Oh please...:rolleyes:

Biggs is just like the rest of them: IE throw out stupid hot takes for clicks and reactions while caring less about the truth. He leaned into what butters the bread for "media companies," and its not telling the truth. Its clicks and reactions to the tweet count he has to put out daily. Sometimes they guess right, most of the time they guess wrong. But it's not about that, its not about credibility either, in fact he's banking on you to use the credibility you formerly knew him to be good for to validate him spouting absurd horseshit and give him a pass when he's comically bad and cringeworthy wrong.

Case and point, his headline a couple years ago: The biggest mistake? Cutting Charles Leno after drafting Jenkins. One of the worst OT in football at the time got cut to save money, a move that made complete sense for a team entering a rebuild--and here's the contrarian shitbag who has to open his mouth trying to make a hot-garbage OL something he's not. A real editor would have laughed at him before reprimanding him and reassigning him from an NFL team to being a beat for a sport nobody cares about like the MLS or Tennis. But that was another time, when 'integrity' meant something.

Last time I could take him seriously was probably 2015/2016. If you still take him (or any pundit) seriously, that's on you. Maybe someday, fans will choose facts and a little patience over the nonstop noise. Big ask, I get...

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Kinda weird to be someone who hedges his bet 99% of the time, but so definitely picks a side here... no?