Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's an educated opinion by Biggs. But it's also a logical one just based on the people he knows in the Bears organization. When you hear THE KINDS of discussions they are having, you can get a good sense of which direction they are going. And there has not even been a hint from anyone with sources that the Bears are even considering keeping Fields. It just seems like he is going to get traded well before the draft.
No news is not news. We still haven't a clue as to there intentions and it's to there advantage to keep everyone guessing. There may only be a 1/2 dozen in the building that know their current true intent and they're not talking.

If they do move on, expect Poles to say something to the effect that if they only had their own pick, Fields would still be a Bear.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
He’s not. But it’s not out of the realm of possibility that things get leaked. Not saying that’s the case here….but you can’t rule it out…and Biggs would be a legitimate source for information to get leaked to.

Or it could be misinformation.

Or it could be an educated guess. Either way, we’re talking about it so Biggs wins again.
Right now I don’t even think Poles knows what he’s doing with the #1 overall pick. So how could Biggs?

And the people he is having legit discussions with about the #1 overall pick at this moment aren’t the ones who would leak information.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I forget who it was…. But one of the big national media guys said we could get a Fields trade in the next two weeks. For the mental health of some here I really hope so. Not sure everyone will survive the next 70+ days otherwise
After the combine or start of FA would make sense to me. No reason to do it any sooner as I'm sure the Bears are busy doing all their due diligence on the QBs in the draft.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pretty much any beat guys on the score suck. IDK how anyone can listen to that station most of the time.

Least they dont have a 4 hour weekend show where 2 women talk about their kids like ESPN does.

Chicago sports radio personalities are pretty pathetic

Yep, the Chicago beat guys and media personalities were ass. Look how many of them were defending Luke Getsy. You think its because these guys know football? No. Its because Luke was leaking to them. Getsy was ass.

Kinda weird to be someone who hedges his bet 99% of the time, but so definitely picks a side here... no?

He's usually either wrong when he sticks his neck out, or usually does it only after a national guy sticks his neck out first.

Brad is all about Brad, not the Bears.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Biggs is right on the Bears more often than not as I've observed over the years, whether you like him or not. He also doesn't typically report things unless he has a pretty good understanding of the situation. It's also not really groundbreaking news that the Bears may draft a QB. Just my 2️⃣cents
I don’t listen to Biggs at all. Is he right more often than not because he reports on the obvious like this thread is about? Or does he actually get legit intel and reports the less obvious before anyone else?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm so tired of this bullshit. Biggs isn't the most plugged in to anything.

99% of his interviews on the score are him being asked about a subject and he replies "Well, I don't really agree with that subject, but I could agree with the subject, but who knows, maybe that subject happens anyway?" - He hedges his bets more than a politician.

The truth is, whatever the Bears do, we aren't going to find out about it from Brad Biggs. There are national guys who are far more plugged in than he is. Brad is projecting what he WANTS the Bears to do, because quarterback change means more hits and clicks in Chicago media, so that's why they are pushing it so hard.

Honestly, just fess up. You found something that reaffirms your confirmation bias, so you are going to cling to that like a 13 year old girl clings to Taylor Swift tickets...
Established local guys have much better access and connections than national ones. Even when you may have a point, you diminish it by continuing to type.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
You are never going to the ones that think the Bears are not selecting Caleb to jump over until it is official. It has been obvious for a while now. Same thing Biggs is saying.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yep, the Chicago beat guys and media personalities were ass. Look how many of them were defending Luke Getsy. You think its because these guys know football? No. Its because Luke was leaking to them. Getsy was ass.

He's usually either wrong when he sticks his neck out, or usually does it only after a national guy sticks his neck out first.

Brad is all about Brad, not the Bears.
What? They didn't defend him at all. All they said is that it may be better to keep him for continuity if they also keep Fields. That they moved on from Getsy suggests they may also move on from Fields and you are now, again, inductively reasoning something to fit you personal bias.

How many systems or terminologies do you want Fields to reject and freelance?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
From what I understand, the Bears haven't even met with Caleb Williams yet. There is still work to do.

I think they trade Fields and draft Williams, too. But I don't think this is some breaking news or anything. I'll believe it when I see it.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Everything he's said has come from what other GMs will do - I'll have to listen to hear if he reports anything based on what he's heard from Halas but so far - nothing has come out from the Bears.

There's a big song and dance going on between the Bears, the Commanders, Caleb/Caleb's camp and local/national media - we don't know exactly how hard Caleb is going to push for Washington, how hard Washington is going to push for him or if another team or two emerges.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I forget who it was…. But one of the big national media guys said we could get a Fields trade in the next two weeks. For the mental health of some here I really hope so. Not sure everyone will survive the next 70+ days otherwise
I really hope so. My ban hand has been itching and @bamainatlanta took away one of my favorite people

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Right now I don’t even think Poles knows what he’s doing with the #1 overall pick. So how could Biggs?

And the people he is having legit discussions with about the #1 overall pick at this moment aren’t the ones who would leak information.

I think Poles likely knows if he’s sticking with fields or not. Don’t think they’re decided on what they’re doing at 1 though. He could trade down 1 spot if he’s not sold on Williams. Although if they’re sticking with fields, he’d likely be good with trading down all the way to 6-8 if I had to guess.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Everything he's said has come from what other GMs will do - I'll have to listen to hear if he reports anything based on what he's heard from Halas but so far - nothing has come out from the Bears.

There's a big song and dance going on between the Bears, the Commanders, Caleb/Caleb's camp and local/national media - we don't know exactly how hard Caleb is going to push for Washington, how hard Washington is going to push for him or if another team or two emerges.
Throw the falcons in there now too. Shit is getting tiresome

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Washington

Liked Posts:
After seeing clutch QB play in the playoffs and SB, I feel very confident that Poles knows he needs far better QB play. Being able to stage 4th quarter comebacks is huge and Fields has been an epic failure in that regard. I know the Fields fans will blame all that on coaching.

Luke

Liked Posts:
After seeing clutch QB play in the playoffs and SB, I feel very confident that Poles knows he needs far better QB play. Being able to stage 4th quarter comebacks is huge and Fields has been an epic failure in that regard. I know the Fields fans will blame all that on coaching.

But, he's a great leader!:rolleyes:

Nothing new here, everyone knows they need a new QB.
Probably only a month more until we hear the Fields trade and this will all be resolved.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Coaching helps but it’s ultimately on the players to make the plays