Biggs - Bears are moving on from Fields

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nope, I've hated biggs and most of the 670 beat/hit guys for a while. Him and hub are trash.

Like I said, he's been saying this shit on 670 since mid december, so this is nothing new from him.

Right you hate guys you have never met largely because their opinions disagree with yours. But sure you arent angry.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I don’t think he does yet. I think he has a good idea what he wants to do but nothing is set in stone. A lot could change from now until the draft which alters his idea process. I mean your comment itself shows you aren’t even convinced Poles k knows what he’s doing.
Anyone who is convinced one way or the other is kind of a dope. I said it from the beginning that I think it’s “likely” he knows. Obviously he might not. I never implied certainty

Toast88

Liked Posts:
This offseason was always the escape-hatch year for Poles with Fields, and he played it masterfully.

One hundred percent, when Poles traded away the #1 pick last year, he knew he was going to use one of his two picks (or package them together to move up) for a new QB if Fields didn't prove it in 2023.

Whether one believes in Fields or not, he definitely didn't "prove it" in 2023.

Escape hatch, engage.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I still can't tell if the thumb injury was a curse because it really stunted Fields development as a passer or a blessing because it will add fuel to the "Fields still has not peaked" fire and get more teams in on the bidding.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
This offseason was always the escape-hatch year for Poles with Fields, and he played it masterfully.

One hundred percent, when Poles traded away the #1 pick last year, he knew he was going to use one of his two picks (or package them together to move up) for a new QB if Fields didn't prove it in 2023.

Escape hatch, engage.
I think you’re right that was Poles plan. However, plans COULD change. Caleb’s stock took a hit this year and I’m sure Poles didn’t expect to get the #1 pick and the haul he could get COULD influence his decision/original plan.

Odds are he takes a QB and moves on from Fields…but in all honestly, I don’t love any of these rookie QBs. I felt a ton better about Stroud last year and could not understand why he wasn’t getting a lot more love, especially over Bryce. The bust potential of all 3 of these QBs is pretty high, IMO.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still can't tell if the thumb injury was a curse because it really stunted Fields development as a passer or a blessing because it will add fuel to the "Fields still has not peaked" fire and get more teams in on the bidding.
GMs suffer from the same things us lay people do.
1707759479595.png

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Interesting note from Biggs - he says "the question now is which QB they're going to draft"

Between this and Schefter saying yesterday that they've discussed drafting Caleb and keeping Fields and now today saying who will it be?

It's the Bears flexing their muscles in this situation - Washington if you want your man, bring your fucking checkbook. Caleb - if you want to be first overall for your ego? Get Washington to play along and give up an insane haul or be cool with coming here fucker because we can draft somebody else at one.

Do I think either situation has any chance of happening? No fucking way but the Bears are signaling that in this situation they're the people with the most power and leverage.
So Bears are signaling Wash through Shefter and Biggs while simultaneously the Bears are signaling Caleb's ego to make Wash trade picks or to stop the anti Bears shit he isn't doing.

Are you a @Mighty Joe Young alt?

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
So Bears are signaling Wash through Shefter and Biggs while simultaneously the Bears are signaling Caleb's ego to make Wash trade picks or to stop the anti Bears shit he isn't doing.

Are you a @Mighty Joe Young alt?
I found both reports peculiar. Both Biggs and Schefter don't say things like that for no reason in my opinion - could be wrong but it's a weird situation.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Right you hate guys you have never met largely because their opinions disagree with yours. But sure you arent angry.
I’ve always respected Biggs, as I use to post his 10questions mailbag. He does hit on his opinions or predictions a good bit but he’s not perfect (no one is). His interview on the score when the Alan Williams resignation was quite telling that he knew what happened but couldn’t say anything. Probably his most awkward interview because he knew he had to bite his tongue.

He’s been saying that Fields is gone for quite some time too.

Hub I could care less for tho.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’ve always respected Biggs, as I use to post his 10questions mailbag. He does hit on his opinions or predictions a good bit but he’s not perfect (no one is). His interview on the score when the Alan Williams resignation was quite telling that he knew what happened but couldn’t say anything. Probably his most awkward interview because he knew he had to bite his tongue.

He’s been saying that Fields is gone for quite some time too.

Hub I could care less for tho.

Its been long enough where if the Alan Williams situation was something as bad as people speculated, it would have leaked out by now

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I don’t like the idea of starting a rookie QB in Chicago of all places. Poles needs to trade Fields, the # 1, get a vet QB, and draft a QB later that can sit and learn for a couple seasons. The defense is built to start winning now. Starting a rookie QB while not having more weapons and vastly improved OL is just what Fields has dealt with for 3 years. I don’t think Caleb can do much better in similar situation.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
I think it’s likely he knows whether or not he wants to roll with fields going forward and probably has a good enough idea if Caleb/maye/Daniels is a better option. Although, maybe not…but if he still doesn’t know, that decision is going to have to come very soon. Isn’t the deadline to pick up field’s 5th year option coming up?

That's not a question. They'll pick it up. If they trade him the buying team will want it picked up. Zero reason to not pick it up. It's not even guaranteed.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's not a question. They'll pick it up. If they trade him the buying team will want it picked up. Zero reason to not pick it up. It's not even guaranteed.

Pretty sure its guaranteed when they do pick it up and the deadline is sometime in May. So if he is traded, his new team would probably pick it up after the trade

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
8fkzkm.jpg

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure its guaranteed when they do pick it up and the deadline is sometime in May. So if he is traded, his new team would probably pick it up after the trade

You're right, I'm wrong. Deadline is after the draft tho so ya, it's not on the bears to decide any time soon.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
If being wrong about the Bears was money, Biggs would be on a yacht in the Bahamas right now...
..I was trying to remember some of his past "calls" for accuracy's sake, but they escape me at the moment.

I wish these dudes would do a better job of prefacing these takes with "I think.." instead of running it as if it's fact based on inside knowledge.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Unless you get a great offer (1st) keep Fields and draft Williams to compete with him. If CW is what you hope he is, he takes the job and you use Fieids like Taysom Hil for a year. Cover your bases at QB, give yourself options, and don’t rush the rookie.