Biggs - Bears are moving on from Fields

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Unless you get a great offer (1st) keep Fields and draft Williams to compete with him. If CW is what you hope he is, he takes the job and you use Fieids like Taysom Hil for a year. Cover your bases at QB, give yourself options, and don’t rush the rookie.

There is no chance this would happen. Fields would demand a trade. It would create huge tension in the locker room. Fields has trade value. They’ll probably at worst get a 2nd for him or even a 1st if he plays a certain percentage of snaps or something like that. Fields isn’t going to be like “cool, I’ll be Taysom Hill.” You’re also not spending the #1 overall pick on a guy to have him compete with anybody. you think there is any chance in hell they’re going to use the #1 pick on a QB and then after camp be like “You didn’t get the job bud. Better luck next year. This is Justin’s team.”

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure "It doesn't matter what they do at QB" is the acceptance. Acceptance that the Bears suck and will never come into the modern NFL and get an offense no matter who they get at QB.
The denial is thinking the Bears are just a QB away from '85 greatness.
You guys really are deep into abused spouse syndrome.
No, he will not change. He will continue to beat you.

All the FA and drafted offense you were making excuses not to get last year become a necessity. The Bears ignore it because it's what the Bears do. Making excuses was rationalizing the wrong moves you knew the Bears would make because they're the Bears.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm pretty sure "It doesn't matter what they do at QB" is the acceptance. Acceptance that the Bears suck and will never come into the modern NFL and get an offense no matter who they get at QB.

All the FA and drafted offense you were making excuses not to get last year become a necessity. The Bears ignore it because it's what the Bears do. Making excuses was rationalizing the wrong moves you knew the Bears would make because they're the Bears.

Could say the same about the opposite. Its always "the QB just needs X,Y and Z and he'll take off". Maybe the QBs just fucking suck. Name one that went on to be anything outside of here

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Which free agents?

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Unless you get a great offer (1st) keep Fields and draft Williams to compete with him. If CW is what you hope he is, he takes the job and you use Fieids like Taysom Hil for a year. Cover your bases at QB, give yourself options, and don’t rush the rookie.
If Pitt will fork over their 1st, you trade Fields.

But if we don't get good offers for him, the Taysom Hill route intrigues me.

Would also be sports radio gold to have Fields and Caleb on the roster!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Could say the same about the opposite. Its always "the QB just needs X,Y and Z and he'll take off". Maybe the QBs just fucking suck. Name one that went on to be anything outside of here

Yeah. OK, Boomer. 48 QB just sucked.
The good teams in the NFL just got lucky finding their QB to make the team. It has nothing to do with them getting players to support the good QBs.

Shocking. If you take a rookie, teach them to run for their lives and give them injuries for years, they don't learn how to play to go on to be something elsewhere.
What's really amazing is this is you justifying to continue ignoring offense. You never want a good team.
McCaskeys really have you brainwashed.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah. OK, Boomer. 48 QB just sucked.
The good teams in the NFL just got lucky finding their QB to make the team. It has nothing to do with them getting players to support the good QBs.

Shocking. If you take a rookie, teach them to run for their lives and give them injuries for years, they don't learn how to play to go on to be something elsewhere.
What's really amazing is this is you justifying to continue ignoring offense. You never want a good team.
McCaskeys really have you brainwashed.

The Bears have gotten to the Super Bowl with a good team, an NFC championship with a good team and the QB was the bottleneck.

And you still haven't named a QB that has went on to be worth a shit in the league. So clearly they're just not good

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
Those QBs are not good. No amount of support that you're campaigning for is going to make that as such

All you'll have is a good team that gets wrecked by better QBs in the playoffs because the QB is average
4500 yards for Cutler before he came here.

Reactions: Myk

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Cutler was the best of the bunch. Even got to a NFC Championship game. Still wasn't some elite QB though

the rest were horrid to average
And they completely fucked Cutler over with the combination of their O-Line and scheme those first couple of years.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's not a question. They'll pick it up. If they trade him the buying team will want it picked up. Zero reason to not pick it up. It's not even guaranteed.

They dont have to pick it up. Deadline is May 2 ie long after any trade so they can trade Fields in March and the new team will get the right to decide by May 2.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Bobby Layne,,,,George Blanda.......lol.....I know, I know...you meant since the 1950's....lol.....I know this is hard to believe, but da Bears had teams with too many great QBs in the '40s and '50s.

Canth

Liked Posts:
It will be interesting game of chicken for the timing and compensation for trading Fields.

Kirk Cousins and Baker Mayfield loom large in the discussion and plans as well as they will be free agents. Will a team want to first try to sign of those 2 and only pivot to the Bears and Fields if they miss on that signing? Does that make a team more desperate and hence a better trade package for Chicago?

Or does the trade package get worse if they wait because teams that might have been interested sign one of those guys and then there is less competition for obtaining Fields?

There are a couple of other guys that will be FA as well in Minshew, Tannehill, Winston, and Brissett. Of that group, I think the intriguing one is probably Minshew that could be a bridge QB for a team. But none of these guys would be any sort of a guaranteed starter when signed.