Biggs - Bears are moving on from Fields

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
The field to draft 1st overall:
When it opened +380
The following day +340
Yesterday following Schefter +250
Thanks for the odds update. Man you're gonna be a millionaire after this with your ability to read the tea leaves like MJY

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Biggs is pretty adamant on what he believes will happen. It’s a foregone conclusion in his mind.

That being said, I recall he did not believe that Getsy was going to be necessarily fired after the end of the season. Before the Atlanta game he thought there was a real chance Getsy could be retained.

Biggs isn’t as dialed in as we’d all believe.

That being said, he is so sure Fields is gone, it would hilarious to see him be very wrong.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It will be interesting game of chicken for the timing and compensation for trading Fields.

Kirk Cousins and Baker Mayfield loom large in the discussion and plans as well as they will be free agents. Will a team want to first try to sign of those 2 and only pivot to the Bears and Fields if they miss on that signing? Does that make a team more desperate and hence a better trade package for Chicago?

Or does the trade package get worse if they wait because teams that might have been interested sign one of those guys and then there is less competition for obtaining Fields?

There are a couple of other guys that will be FA as well in Minshew, Tannehill, Winston, and Brissett. Of that group, I think the intriguing one is probably Minshew that could be a bridge QB for a team. But none of these guys would be any sort of a guaranteed starter when signed.

Bucs probably re-signing or tagging Baker. Cousins and Russ likely available.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Those QBs are not good. No amount of support that you're campaigning for is going to make that as such

All you'll have is a good team that gets wrecked by better QBs in the playoffs because the QB is average

But they all did better elsewhere.
And as pointed out and even the best example, Cutler did better before he got here and Orton went to where he came from and suddenly could put up yardage. The QBs' stats basically flipped sides because of the teams around them.

I don't understand why it's so hard for you to admit that this team game requires having a team. It really shouldn't be that hard to comprehend.

If you think Williams is the guy get him. Just commit to getting an offense along with him and not 3 years later. Why is that so fucking hard?
If that can't happen we may as well keep Fields because it takes a team.
It's not that GB gets lucky 3x and the Bears have been unlucky 48x. It's that the Bears' concept of a football team doesn't work.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But they all did better elsewhere.
And as pointed out and even the best example, Cutler did better before he got here and Orton went to where he came from and suddenly could put up yardage. The QBs' stats basically flipped sides because of the teams around them.

I don't understand why it's so hard for you to admit that this team game requires having a team. It really shouldn't be that hard to comprehend.

If you think Williams is the guy get him. Just commit to getting an offense along with him and not 3 years later. Why is that so fucking hard?
If that can't happen we may as well keep Fields because it takes a team.
It's not that GB gets lucky 3x and the Bears have been unlucky 48x. It's that the Bears' concept of a football team doesn't work.
Kyle Orton didn't even put up 4000 yards in Denver and his QB rating hovered around 85 both seasons. Average. He even got sacked more in Denver

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Oh my God, I don’t have the strength to defend the crappy-to-mediocre Bears of yesteryear. I will not do it. I suggest none of you do so either.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
After the combine or start of FA would make sense to me. No reason to do it any sooner as I'm sure the Bears are busy doing all their due diligence on the QBs in the draft.
From what I understand Poles has talked to every one of the top QB prospects over this past year.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Kyle Orton didn't even put up 4000 yards in Denver and his QB rating hovered around 85 both seasons. Average. He even got sacked more in Denver

3800 isn't close to 4000?
You're tempting my ignore button because you have to be trolling.

Orton put up 1K more yards going to Denver, Cutler put up 1K less yards coming to Chicago.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
3800 isn't close to 4000?
You're tempting my ignore button because you have to be trolling.

Orton put up 1K more yards going to Denver, Cutler put up 1K less yards coming to Chicago.

Cutler also threw the ball more than any other of his seasons in the NFL that year. 616 times.

By comparison he was was 200 yards away from 4k for the Bears with 560 attempts. His 2nd most attempts in a season.

Really not that far off. His best yards per attempt were with the Bears, not the Broncos. He just had a really shitty first season with Chicago. But returned to his usual self the rest of the way. He was the same QB the entire time

Last edited:

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Cutler avg 254 yds per game and missed one game, there's your magic 4000yds. He also avg 1.89 tds a game so 2 per game. He threw 28 and with one more game would get to 30 and be the first Bear to do that. Ok, now on to modern times.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Biggs is pretty adamant on what he believes will happen. It’s a foregone conclusion in his mind.

That being said, I recall he did not believe that Getsy was going to be necessarily fired after the end of the season. Before the Atlanta game he thought there was a real chance Getsy could be retained.

Biggs isn’t as dialed in as we’d all believe.

That being said, he is so sure Fields is gone, it would hilarious to see him be very wrong.

It would not be hilarious to me because I want Fields gone. I am ready for a change.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh my God, I don’t have the strength to defend the crappy-to-mediocre Bears of yesteryear. I will not do it. I suggest none of you do so either.
So if Fields is retained I’ll ban you😂 Don’t want you to suffer

Neckbeard

Liked Posts:
IMO, Biggs is a day late and dollar short on most "news". Last offseason he said Kmet was being shopped around. That seems far from what actually was going on.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
IMO, Biggs is a day late and dollar short on most "news". Last offseason he said Kmet was being shopped around. That seems far from what actually was going on.
Did he really say that? I don’t recall him ever saying that.

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
Chicago won't be able to unsee this. So if he's literally not the second coming, Chicago will end him.
1708538205537.jpeg