Biggs - Bears are moving on from Fields

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
But, he's a great leader!:rolleyes:

Nothing new here, everyone knows they need a new QB.
Probably only a month more until we hear the Fields trade and this will be resolved.
Read somewhere that he’s moved before March. Can’t remember where

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Denial? Im pretty sure they move on from fields.

Brad Biggs opinion piece on 670 isn't news.

Stages of Grief.

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance.

Your lashing out at Biggs for doing the job he is paid to do suggests you are now in the Anger phase. 3 more stages to go.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Stages of Grief.

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance.

Your lashing out at Biggs for doing the job he is paid to do suggests you are now in the Anger phase. 3 more stages to go.
@Toast88 has posted this many times as well. Most are on stage 5 now. Like me

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Can't wait until whatever happens just, finally happens...

Question for the offseason scheduling pros: If they DO trade Fields, when will it have to be done by? I'm assuming a good amount of time BRFORE the draft, in order for both teams to prep for what they will/won't need on draft day.

Also (NOTE: HYPOTHETICALLY): what if there isn't adequate compensation (in Poles' eyes) for Fields? I know the speculation is a 2nd rounder, but if some team "knows" we're drafting a QB, what incentive would they have to not low-ball us knowing we have to unload JF?

If I was an opposing team, I'd make us squirm if that's the situation we're in.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
I think Poles likely knows if he’s sticking with fields or not. Don’t think they’re decided on what they’re doing at 1 though. He could trade down 1 spot if he’s not sold on Williams. Although if they’re sticking with fields, he’d likely be good with trading down all the way to 6-8 if I had to guess.

How can he know if he hasn't even finished evaluating the options? No combine, no meetings, no pro days, he doesn't even have final offers on the table for the 1. It's not like Fields is so bad that he's just gonna take anything. There's way too many variables still up in the air for him to know what he's doing.

If he is offered a ridiculous package for 1, he has to be extremely confident that Williams is better than Field's package (that's right). I don't see how he is that confident at this point. If Washington offers him a big package, the question becomes is Williams better than Daniels/ Maye plus package or Fields plus two packages.

No way his mind is made up.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
How can he know if he hasn't even finished evaluating the options? No combine, no meetings, no pro days, he doesn't even have final offers on the table for the 1. It's not like Fields is so bad that he's just gonna take anything. There's way too many variables still up in the air for him to know what he's doing.

If he is offered a ridiculous package for 1, he has to be extremely confident that Williams is better than Field's package (that's right). I don't see how he is that confident at this point. If Washington offers him a big package, the question becomes is Williams better than Daniels/ Maye plus package or Fields plus two packages.

I think it’s likely he knows whether or not he wants to roll with fields going forward and probably has a good enough idea if Caleb/maye/Daniels is a better option. Although, maybe not…but if he still doesn’t know, that decision is going to have to come very soon. Isn’t the deadline to pick up field’s 5th year option coming up?

Washington

Liked Posts:

He may not have made up his mind on which QB to take but I feel he's made up his mind that he needs to move on from Fields regardless of what he can get in return. The latter should not be a factor at all. Anything he can get in return is purely a bonus if you know you can't win with the guy.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
@Toast88 has posted this many times as well. Most are on stage 5 now. Like me
Here was my original Bears-specific one:

-Denial: "Fields is not gone! They can get a boatload for the #1 pick and get him help!"
-Anger: "Shut up, idiot!"
-Bargaining: "If the Bears fire Eberflus and hire Harbaugh, maybe he'll keep Fields!"
-Depression: "It doesn't matter what they do at QB anyway."
and hopefully coming soon...
-Acceptance: "The Bears will trade Justin Fields and draft Caleb Williams. Even though I didn't want this, maybe we can make the best out of it."

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
Interesting note from Biggs - he says "the question now is which QB they're going to draft"

Between this and Schefter saying yesterday that they've discussed drafting Caleb and keeping Fields and now today saying who will it be?

It's the Bears flexing their muscles in this situation - Washington if you want your man, bring your fucking checkbook. Caleb - if you want to be first overall for your ego? Get Washington to play along and give up an insane haul or be cool with coming here fucker because we can draft somebody else at one.

Do I think either situation has any chance of happening? No fucking way but the Bears are signaling that in this situation they're the people with the most power and leverage.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Interesting note from Biggs - he says "the question now is which QB they're going to draft"

Between this and Schefter saying yesterday that they've discussed drafting Caleb and keeping Fields and now today saying who will it be?

It's the Bears flexing their muscles in this situation - Washington if you want your man, bring your fucking checkbook. Caleb - if you want to be first overall for your ego? Get Washington to play along and give up an insane haul or be cool with coming here fucker because we can draft somebody else at one.

Do I think either situation has any chance of happening? No fucking way but the Bears are signaling that in this situation they're the people with the most power and leverage.
1707754307751.png

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I think Poles likely knows if he’s sticking with fields or not. Don’t think they’re decided on what they’re doing at 1 though. He could trade down 1 spot if he’s not sold on Williams. Although if they’re sticking with fields, he’d likely be good with trading down all the way to 6-8 if I had to guess.
I don’t think he does yet. I think he has a good idea what he wants to do but nothing is set in stone. A lot could change from now until the draft which alters his idea process. I mean your comment itself shows you aren’t even convinced Poles k knows what he’s doing.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Here was my original Bears-specific one:

-Denial: "Fields is not gone! They can get a boatload for the #1 pick and get him help!"
-Anger: "Shut up, idiot!"
-Bargaining: "If the Bears fire Eberflus and hire Harbaugh, maybe he'll keep Fields!"
-Depression: "It doesn't matter what they do at QB anyway."
and hopefully coming soon...
-Acceptance: "The Bears will trade Justin Fields and draft Caleb Williams. Even though I didn't want this, maybe we can make the best out of it."

What stage are you at @truthbedamned ?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Stages of Grief.

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance.

Nope, I've hated biggs and most of the 670 beat/hit guys for a while. Him and hub are trash.

Like I said, he's been saying this shit on 670 since mid december, so this is nothing new from him.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
we'll know in just over 2 weeks on where fields is going...the trade discussion should get hot and heavy then