Biggs Mock 1-50

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I honestly know nothing about him but what would be wrong with two Robinsons?

There is absolutley nothing wrong with having two Robinson's. Fans have a preconception we need a speed receiver, but in actuality we just need productive players. Pittman is productive and would be a great pick. He is one of my favorite receivers in the draft.

Last edited:

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I like it but still think we trade down.
Agree, Bears need to trade down with one of their 2nd rd picks. They can easily stay in the 2nd rd with that pick and pick up a 3rd, 4th and maybe even more per the draft trade value chart. That would make it a pretty normal draft. They have to have a trade partner and I think they will, makes it easier with them having two selections in the rd to find a partner.

2nd rd
2nd rd
3rd rd
4th rd
5th rd
6th rd
6th rd
7th rd
7th rd

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Sorry, but I don't see 25WRs or whatever-in-the-fuck this fat dope seems to believe are going to be drafted in the first 42 picks.
As strong and deep of a WR crop this year is the OL group is no slouch.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Michael Pittman Jr would be a great fit at 50. I get needing a CB, but OG is a much bigger need at 43.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Having NO picks in the 1st/3rd/4th. I completely anticipate Pace trading the later 2nd rd pick to get some value and bodies.

The problem is he needs a buyer to make that work.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
since Tribune is a PITA to access sometimes, here's a snippet*.

*disclaimer: click link to original content provider for full article. Expect paywall if hit monthly limit and we can't read in incognito mode unless subsriber.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree, Bears need to trade down with one of their 2nd rd picks. They can easily stay in the 2nd rd with that pick and pick up a 3rd, 4th and maybe even more per the draft trade value chart. That would make it a pretty normal draft. They have to have a trade partner and I think they will, makes it easier with them having two selections in the rd to find a partner.

2nd rd
2nd rd
3rd rd
4th rd
5th rd
6th rd
6th rd
7th rd
7th rd

Not sure what that typed list is doing there, but here's your linked chart:

FWIW - I'm reading that the 2nd wave of Gs is valued in late 2nd into the 3rd. Seems ripe for a trade down or two and still grabbing a good Guard without reaching. Hope this is correct!

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
So who does he have the Bears selecting? I can't read the article b/c it says I've exceeded my monthly limit. My usual go to trick of opening it in incognito mode doesn't work anymore. ?

If you are on a desktop, go ahead and print the article. It will pull up a print preview page - in which you can read the article. :)

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Any mock that doesn't have a guard/RT/center prospect going to the bears in the 2nd is a fail mock.
Why do the Bears need a Center? What's wrong with young or rookie contractees Daniels and Whitehair?

Many, including Windy, think Ifedi would likely play a decent RG, with Bars and Coward backing up. Massie played better than Leno.

PFF:
LG Daniels 69.9
C Whitehair 64.9
RT Massie 63.2
RG Ifedi (58.8 playing as a RT)
LT Leno 58.6

Most pressing is developmental LT who can push or replace Leno. A (Right)Guard next. Then a developmental RT.

Massie isn't injury prone, I think he'll be fine for 2020. I like Bars backing up Massie.

Last edited:

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What's the point of drafting a WR when the OL can't block and the current starter overthrows people by 10 yards?

They probably addressed the QB situation. We shall see.

But they haven't done anything with the OL.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Why do the Bears need a Center? What's wrong with young rookie contractees Daniels and Whitehair?

Many, including Windy, think Ifedi would likely play a decent RG, behind Bars and Coward. Massie played better than Leno.

PFF:
LG Daniels 69.9
C Whitehair 64.9
RT Massie 63.2
RG Ifedi (58.8 playing as a RT)
LT Leno 58.6

Most pressing is developmental LT who can push or replace Leno. A (Right)Guard next. Then a developmental RT.

Massie isn't injury prone, I think he'll be fine for 2020. I like Bars backing up Massie.

People lose sight of the fact that Daniels is likely a rising star. The Oline was putrid last year, but not because of a lack of ability. There was so much scheme and assignment confusion it is nearly impossible to grade their performance. RG needs a major improvement, followed by LT, but the other 3 positions have decent/above average players.

Liked Posts:
Cool. I like Corners with names I cant pronounce too.

Luke

Liked Posts:
That’s actually a really good point.

If the shit hits the fan with the draft and there’s a run on OL prior to us in the 2nd let’s see what’s out there.

that's exactly it. Its no given that a mid 2nd round guard is going to step right in and start where as a cb and wr will be able to contribute in some fashion immediately.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do the Bears need a center?
It could be the best available O- Lineman is a Center, whereby you could move Whitehair back over to Guard. I've seen some "experts" talk about this prospect with regards to the Bears and mentioned a kid, but I've slept since then can't recall the name.