Biggs prediction for da Bears on draft night

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite Pace defense is the "bUt He FiNdS gUiS iN dA lAtE rOuNdZ". Looking forward to seeing what future bust he snags in the first round but its ok, there will be a solid 3rd day addition to the team, probably at some position that has minimal impact on winning games. Cant wait!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
mmmm..... Nothing as exciting as Shanahan leftovers eh?

Why the fuck does SF get a pass on botching that draft as well? Not only did they pass up on Watson & Mahomes, they then traded away a pick that became Kamara. And their 1st rounders turned out to be massive busts.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
If they trade up for Lance at 4, that would be worse than trading 1 spot for Mitch.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why the fuck does SF get a pass on botching that draft as well? Not only did they pass up on Watson & Mahomes, they then traded away a pick that became Kamara. And their 1st rounders turned out to be massive busts.

It's a valid point.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

I am sure they were shocked - shocked, I say - to discover that a dude who was kicked out of the combine for fighting medical staff turned out to be a head case.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am sure they were shocked - shocked, I say - to discover that a dude who was kicked out of the combine for fighting medical staff turned out to be a head case.

Not only did they still draft him in the 1st round, he was the 3rd ranked player on their overall big board. They were prepared to draft him at pick #3 if the Bears selected Thomas at #2.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Why would ATL want to move to 20? And why wouldn't they just take Lance themselves if he's there? I actually think the 49ers will take Lance at 3

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Why would ATL want to move to 20? And why wouldn't they just take Lance themselves if he's there? I actually think the 49ers will take Lance at 3
I am hoping the 9ers take Lance.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
We just disagree on his rank. I respect Simms, but he’s wrong on this one IMO. I think he’s the only one who has them ranked that way and Fields dropping that far.

JT O’Sullivan (and others) does a fantastic job breaking down tape. He has Fields QB1, ahead of Lawrence. He could be wrong, but his analysis is incredibly impressive.

I just think putting Lance and Jones anywhere near the same galaxy as Fields is ludicrous, especially Lance, after watching tape.

Fields would instantly become the best QB with the highest ceiling the Bears have ever had. That is worth a trade up in my humble opinion.

A lot of the success of these prospects depends on where they go (obviously). Jones in the hands of Belichick or Shanahan could go really well. It's also another reason I'm not keen on giving away the future to put a talented but raw prospect in the hands of Nagy. I don't trust him, even a little.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Yeah, they’re almost as inept at scouting QBs as Pace is. Lynch and Shannahan get a lot of hype. Remember, they’re the guys who also passed on Mahomes and Watson (like Pace), took 2 first round busts in Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster, and overpaid backup Jimmy Gatappalo. And Pace took the bust Trubisky. I don’t see why you put so much faith in their QB evaluations over, say Nagy, who was all in on Mahomes.

Jones would fit in their offense, Fields would thrive in it. Lance won’t be ready until 2024. I hope they take Lance.

Agree - and Shanahan actually thinks Cousins is a great QB and RG3 too lol ... the nonsensical hype is ridiculous

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
A lot of the success of these prospects depends on where they go (obviously). Jones in the hands of Belichick or Shanahan could go really well. It's also another reason I'm not keen on giving away the future to put a talented but raw prospect in the hands of Nagy. I don't trust him, even a little.
I understand your point. I just think Fields is pro-ready. And if Pave/Nagy get fired, the team has their QB1. If they don’t...they have to take a shot at the position sometime, right?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'm confused why Mond is considered day 2 or later and Lance is in the top Ten.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
I'm confused why Mond is considered day 2 or later and Lance is in the top Ten.

Because Mond is mostly a system 1 read and run QB?

Mond definitely likes to throw into coverage. He will get a wr/te killed eventually too..

and fans will say yeah mon

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Because Mond is mostly a system 1 read and run QB?

Mond definitely likes to throw into coverage. He will get a wr/te killed eventually too..

and fans will say yeah mon

Weaknesses:
  • Lacks experience
  • Field vision
  • Locks on to primary read
  • Takes off running when first read is covered
  • Slow to work through progressions
  • Has to speed up the process
  • Needs to get comfortable throwing into tight windows
Guess who this is?

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weaknesses:
  • Lacks experience
  • Field vision
Guess who this is?
Lance....

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Weaknesses:
  • Lacks experience
  • Field vision
Guess who this is?
My guess would be Lance.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Does everyone see what's going on? The media had you fooled into thinking that the Bears had a shot at Russell Wilson and you fell for it. Now the media is convincing you that the Bears can and/or will trade up to #4 to get QB who "could be the next superstar of the league" because "they're desperate" or "they have to make a move in order to compete." You really have no actual clue what the Bears want or need to do; it's all conjecture to get clicks.

They wouldn't do it if you didn't keep falling for it. I'm not saying it's impossible but I've said it numerous times before and will say it again: if the Bears do trade future picks to move up for a QB, your GM for the next 4 years (at least) is Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy is likely there for much of that as well. There's no reason Bears management would approve letting a guy on the hot seat trade away future assets in order to hamstring his possible successor. Bears management is stupid but not that stupid.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
On the radio this morning he predicted they trade up to 4 with ATL and take Lance. Say want you want about the specific player/trade but despite what some may think on this board the bears are STILL desperate. You don't make big plays for Watson and Wilson then sit on your hands come draft night. If there is in fact an opportunity for them to trade up and make a play for a QB. You can be all but assured that's exactly what will happen.

As an aside, I'm ALMOST as excited for the cunting over picks given up as I am to have a young QB on this team with potential. Buckle up bitchez????

I'm late to the conversation, but trading up for any qb this year (that we have a legit shot at) does nothing for us for a LONG time. Landing a project QB while giving up valuable draft capital combined with an aging overrated defense means this franchise is at least 5 years away from winning anything. How do you expect to protect or give weapons to a potential QB if we trade up? I would prefer we stay put or trade down and start building the team the right way. I have no confidence the Bears can actually do that...........

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Hey let's draft a guy even LESS experienced than Mitch was!

For fuck's sake....

Trey Lance is legit and has a bright future................but not if an organization like the Bears drafts him. Had Lance had the fall season to dominate the FCS and win another title, he would have gotten valuable experience. He's not ready and the Bears couldn't develop anybody if their life depended on it.