legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Step up as in, ask for a trade? A Goodwin play comes to mind, ran his curl route magnificently, WIDE tf open, 3 seconds later the ball touches his hand and defender is all over him. If he’s the 3rd-4th look, why is he running a curl…

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Probably hard for them to get excited when the game plan is 5 yard curls and 8yard comebacks. Also, tough to get excited when the routes don't attack different levels at different times. Hard to go through progressions when you have 3 routes developing at almost the exact same time, watch the tape, Nagy's offense not always, but often has the receivers and such making their breaks and openings at almost the same time. This makes the qb have to pretty much pre-determine the best matchup, then when that receiver is not open, there is not a chance to move to next option as that has already developed. It is then hold the ball and watch for a guy to get open. I know that it's not as simplistic as this, but there needs to be built in progressions and levels of attack which are not there.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Step up as in, ask for a trade? A Goodwin play comes to mind, ran his curl route magnificently, WIDE tf open, 3 seconds later the ball touches his hand and defender is all over him. If he’s the 3rd-4th look, why is he running a curl…

Because he runs a 4.3, so the defense expects him to go deep.

Lets just make him run 5 yard curls, its a lot better use of his skillset.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The db's also did ball out for cle so i will give it up to them as well.

Arob was pathetic out there. I used to be a big proponent of re-signing him but now I'd rather see him walk. He doesn't provide anything that can't be replaced down the road at this point.

Mooney is the only one out there I saw doing anything worth a damn. Kmet was pathetic as well. Monty got a few balls batted down but I can't blame him since thats not his game.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I dont know if its the WRs not giving full effort, or if they dont know wtf they are being asked to do on some plays. What the fuck is this option route?

We've seen a few drops and a few routes run 1-2 yards short of first downs though, so i think at least some of that blame has to go on the WRs, but thats like problem #30 on a long long list of bigger issues.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The db's also did ball out for cle so i will give it up to them as well.

Arob was pathetic out there. I used to be a big proponent of re-signing him but now I'd rather see him walk. He doesn't provide anything that can't be replaced down the road at this point.

Mooney is the only one out there I saw doing anything worth a damn. Kmet was pathetic as well. Monty got a few balls batted down but I can't blame him since thats not his game.

Lol. Watch Mooney on the INT. Does absolutely nothing. You are the king of meatballs

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Even if they are bad play calls, you still are paid to give 100% on the routes. Especially with a rookie QB. Help him out.

A couple times on Sunday I saw some lazy breaks by WRs, or not working their way back to the QB. Just sitting snd allowing defenders to make plays on the ball.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Lol. Watch Mooney on the INT. Does absolutely nothing. You are the king of meatballs

I did watch mooney on the INT, he's the one who broke his route off for Fields to give him a wide open TD. Fields needs to throw that ball better.

Are you confusing mooney with robinson? Cause arob is the one who got pushed off. Mooney was trying to play the ball for the catch.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I did watch mooney on the INT, he's the one who broke his route off for Fields to give him a wide open TD. Fields needs to throw that ball better.

Are you confusing mooney with robinson? Cause arob is the one who got pushed off. Mooney was trying to play the ball for the catch.

No Mooney stands there doing hardly anything.
Yes Fields needs to throw that better as well as see it better as he was wide open

Watch Mooney just stick his arms out instead of going up for the ball. He assumes the DB wont jump for the ball.

He has a chance to make that catch if he goes to the ball instead of just loafing it. Starts around 8:30

msadows

Liked Posts:
No Mooney stands there doing hardly anything.
Yes Fields needs to throw that better as well as see it better as he was wide open

Watch Mooney just stick his arms out instead of going up for the ball. He assumes the DB wont jump for the ball.

He has a chance to make that catch if he goes to the ball instead of just loafing it. Starts around 8:30

Because he expected arob to play the jump ball.

Mooney was playing the tip or rebound.

Wtf?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Or should mooney just go up for it too and sandwich the db making sure no one catches the ball?

Have you played football before? lol. That ball was 100% going to go to arob first if the db didn't push off.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Even if they are bad play calls, you still are paid to give 100% on the routes. Especially with a rookie QB. Help him out.

A couple times on Sunday I saw some lazy breaks by WRs, or not working their way back to the QB. Just sitting snd allowing defenders to make plays on the ball.
I get what you are saying, but it’s really like any job. There are moments when you lose some motivation, upset with bosses/coworkers, etc and you don’t give 100% at your job. For 3 weeks now Nagy is talking out of his ass and not putting his Wrs in position to succeed. So I kinda don’t blame them for not giving 100% effort throughout the entire game. They are frustrated

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Because he expected arob to play the jump ball.

Mooney was playing the tip or rebound.

Wtf?
Yeah. Nice excuse. Just stick your arms out low and half-ass it! I'm sure that was the plan

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Or should mooney just go up for it too and sandwich the db making sure no one catches the ball?

Have you played football before? lol. That ball was 100% going to go to arob first if the db didn't push off.
I think you're already drunk