Biggs - WRs need to step up

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Mooney/Robinson debate on the INT actually brings up another great question for the play designs, why are there so many of them that have receivers going to the same spot on the field. If Robinson's route takes him a little bit elsewhere, Mooney is all by himself in that corner of the field. I know the play was extended a little, but Robinson's route takes him eventually right to where Mooney's route takes him. Why not have Robinson's route break to the middle or deep post crossing up the defenders and causing some confusion. All this design did was make sure that one DB can cover two receivers.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think you're already drunk

No, I just don't think you have any idea what mooney was doing on the route. He obviously was playing the rebound, pretty obvious since hes going low to try to make the catch and not high.

Why would he interfere with Arob going up for a jump ball? The db only makes the interception because he pushes off, if he didnt that would have been a jump ball attempt for arob.

Mooney did his job perfectly there. Fields waited too long to throw the ball then didn't get enough cause a defender hit him as he threw.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The Mooney/Robinson debate on the INT actually brings up another great question for the play designs, why are there so many of them that have receivers going to the same spot on the field. If Robinson's route takes him a little bit elsewhere, Mooney is all by himself in that corner of the field. I know the play was extended a little, but Robinson's route takes him eventually right to where Mooney's route takes him. Why not have Robinson's route break to the middle or deep post crossing up the defenders and causing some confusion. All this design did was make sure that one DB can cover two receivers.

Because that wasn't the play design. Mooney broke off his route to a post when fields told him to.

If fields makes the throw when he's supposed to, and not when a defender is in his face, that becomes a touchdown because the DB never gets a shot at it.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Thru 3 games the one thing that stands out is the WR play!

Not the oline
Not the TE (maybe 5 combined catches)
Not the QB
Certainly not the play caller and design of the offense

Its the WR group that needs to step up.....because they can make a difference....despite being dependent on at least 2 other positions to be successful.

Nice analysis butterball....go reheat those wings for breakfast.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Running a route beyond 10 yards in Nagys offense is like playing outfield in teeball.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Thru 3 games the one thing that stands out is the WR play!

Not the oline
Not the TE (maybe 5 combined catches)
Not the QB
Certainly not the play caller and design of the offense

Its the WR group that needs to step up.....because they can make a difference....despite being dependent on at least 2 other positions to be successful.

Nice analysis butterball....go reheat those wings for breakfast.
This is a tomahawk jam.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So it seems everybody is bad except Jaylon Johnson and Robert Quinn. And also special teams has improved since preseason..

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Because he expected arob to play the jump ball.

Mooney was playing the tip or rebound.

Wtf?

LOL what ? No good receiver in the league stands there and does that . You make a play for the ball you dont stand there hoping for a tip .

Ask yourself do you think even practice squads own Rodney Adams simply stands there or does he go and try and snatch that ball out of the air ?

Playmakers make plays they don't wait on something to happen to them they go out and make things happen.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
LOL what ? No good receiver in the league stands there and does that . You make a play for the ball you dont stand there hoping for a tip .

Ask yourself do you think even practice squads own Rodney Adams simply stands there or does he go and try and snatch that ball out of the air ?

Playmakers make plays they don't wait on something to happen to them they go out and make things happen.

I can totally see Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Tim Brown, Terrell Owens all just standing there.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I think Furrey kinda sucks tbh.

I'm beginning to think the same. But him and Nagy are tight so he keeps him around.

Much like my theory that he keeps JP Holtz (affectionately called "Holtzy" by Nagy) on the roster simply because he's a fellow Pennsylvanian. Nagy is good for bro shit like that..

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
CURL HARDER, MOONEY!

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I think Furrey kinda sucks tbh.
to me it is the blocking that is where some of the blame can be directed at these receivers. Yes, they are not running longer routes but at the same time, they cannot let that affect their blocking on run plays. There has been too many plays where their man has screwed up the entire play. You cannot have the worst pass catching receivers in the NFL and also the worst blocking receivers in the NFL on the same team.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
You guys suck …. When the OL does not give the QB any time (see browns game) or if the other team
Drops 6-7 in coverage and floods all zones (see Rams game) then there are no routes that work

I just saw the bengals throw a bunch of screens to TE at the line of scrimmage and it worked for big gains every time because it was blocked well by the WRs on the perimeter

I do wish we would run the RB screen at least 3-4 times a game in obvious passing situations since our OL allows the DL to jail break anyways

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You guys suck …. When the OL does not give the QB any time (see browns game) or if the other team
Drops 6-7 in coverage and floods all zones (see Rams game) then there are no routes that work

I just saw the bengals throw a bunch of screens to TE at the line of scrimmage and it worked for big gains every time because it was blocked well by the WRs on the perimeter

I do wish we would run the RB screen at least 3-4 times a game in obvious passing situations since our OL allows the DL to jail break anyways
Change your name please.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Robinson has been a massive disappointment. A non factor in most of the games.

The video of him looking lost on an option route was sad to watch.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When you watch the Bengals who have 3 guys who can legit cook people… you realize how budget our WR core is.