Bill Lazor on offensive collaboration (Thurs. Oct. 7th Presser)

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Side Note: its funny how all 3 of those guys (Nagy, Lazor, Fillippo) have all been heavily criticized for not running the ball enough in the past... With Lazor and Flip having gotten fired for exactly that in Miami and Minnesota respectively.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Side Note: its funny how all 3 of those guys (Nagy, Lazor, Fillippo) have all been heavily criticized for not running the ball enough in the past... With Lazor and Flip having gotten fired for exactly that in Miami and Minnesota respectively.
too many OCs fall in love with the pass

SD Bears

Liked Posts:

Looks like Lazor learned his lesson. Monty's been a big part of the games he's called

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im going to be honest here. Lazor is not doing anything that 90% of the league OCs don't do...

Lazor's claim to fame is that he is not calling a Nagy game. He also has Fields dropping dimes down the turf and Monty balling out....a lot of OCs look good with players doing that.....somehow Nagy finds a way to fuck up a wet dream.

Lazor isn't doing anything really special.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Im going to be honest here. Lazor is not doing anything that 90% of the league OCs don't do...

Lazor's claim to fame is that he is not calling a Nagy game. He also has Fields dropping dimes down the turf and Monty balling out....a lot of OCs look good with players doing that.....somehow Nagy finds a way to fuck up a wet dream.

True. But would it be a wise move to get rid of solid but unspectacular in the hope of maybe finding something better? Given that the chance is usually small…

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It’s not that he’s doing anything special it’s that his game plans incorporate common sense. So when displayed next to Nagy’s game plans’ they look special to Bears fans who are used to watching the Nagy’s and Mike Tices of the world ridiculous game plans.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s not that he’s doing anything special it’s that his game plans incorporate common sense. So when displayed next to Nagy’s game plans’ they look special to Bears fans who are used to watching the Nagy’s and Mike Tices of the world ridiculous game plans.
exactly what I am saying......Lazor is just doing what any average, NFL level OC would do.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

When you haven't eaten in weeks, a slice of old spam looks and tastes like a 5* surf-n-turf dinner.

Lazor is running football 101 stuff and we all should be happy with that over Nagy's...whatever the hell Nagy was doing.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Yes please, let's fire Nagy, and bring in another Nagy. ?
Pederson is a hall of fame coach compared to Nagy. Without a doubt, he is much better than Nagy.

I only brought him up because people are scared of losing the continuity of Nagy's scheme. Pederson would still keep the same type of offense so Fields would not have to learn a whole new offense.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Debatable, but it would definitely be much more likely to lead to a change in the offensive staff.
More likely for a change than keeping an inept Nagy, but changing to a HC with a different style would certainly be a bigger change in the offensive staff ...and a whole new offense for him to learn in his second season.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think Bill Lazor is going to end up Bears head coach if he keeps doing well.
The dude's weird man. Glad he's calling plays but he's just as bad as Nagy with how a ton of words come out of his mouth but he's not really saying much.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You're either getting worse at trolling or getting dumber. Which one is it?
King thread derailer is back again.

Go back to bed loser. Your boy Chi89 is waiting on you.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pederson is a hall of fame coach compared to Nagy. Without a doubt, he is much better than Nagy.

I only brought him up because people are scared of losing the continuity of Nagy's scheme. Pederson would still keep the same type of offense so Fields would not have to learn a whole new offense.
The problem here is the fallout. It's true that the eagles had an incredible run with the most unlikely head coach and quarterback, and it never really recovered from there.

I mean, people who are scared of losing nagys system, what the hell are you scared of losing?

Go back and rewatch those playoffs.

Understand that with Foles in there, they tweaked some things to suit Foles, and then just had an incredible run of luck.

When they went back to Wentz and the system, it all fell apart. HMMMMM, WHO DOES THAT SOUND LIKE?

I've already seen this B movie horror show and don't want to see the sequel.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem here is the fallout. It's true that the eagles had an incredible run with the most unlikely head coach and quarterback, and it never really recovered from there.

I mean, people who are scared of losing nagys system, what the hell are you scared of losing?

Go back and rewatch those playoffs.

Understand that with Foles in there, they tweaked some things to suit Foles, and then just had an incredible run of luck.

When they went back to Wentz and the system, it all fell apart. HMMMMM, WHO DOES THAT SOUND LIKE?

I've already seen this B movie horror show and don't want to see the sequel.
Wentz was the favorite for mvp before he got hurt that year. After that he was coming back from a bad injury and then got injured again. Foles did just enough against the best D in the league to win a playoff game. Even though til this day I believe if Jackson plays in that game Mr Arm Punt tosses at least 2 picks.

I’m not advocating for Pederson but he was a good HC and his offenses produced.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You're either getting worse at trolling or getting dumber. Which one is it?

Everyone thinks the grass is greener on the other side if Lazor does well he deserves to be in the mix. I know it's not as sexy of an idea as bringing in someone knew but he deserves a shot.