Bill Lazor on offensive collaboration (Thurs. Oct. 7th Presser)

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
so Nagy did a great job assembling his coaching staff together? kthxbye!
I think Nagy tried to find someone that wouldn't be a threat to his job but that's everyone.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Side Note: its funny how all 3 of those guys (Nagy, Lazor, Fillippo) have all been heavily criticized for not running the ball enough in the past... With Lazor and Flip having gotten fired for exactly that in Miami and Minnesota respectively.
He's produced three NFL teams to have 1,000 yards rushing Bears, Bengals, and Dolphins with Bears offensive line thats tough. When you get your run game working everything else kinda falls into place.

- David Montgomery tied for fifth in the NFL and ranked third in the NFC with 1,070 rushing yards and eight touchdowns.

- Mixon and wide receiver Tyler Boyd each produced over 1,000-yard seasons.

- Lamar Miller's 1,000-yard campaign in 2015.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Id prefer they bring someone in who is willing to be HC but let the coordinators do their thing.
But if the coordinator is any good he'll leave and be a head coach. Consistency is key we saw how Cutler struggled learning a new system every 2 years.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The problem here is the fallout. It's true that the eagles had an incredible run with the most unlikely head coach and quarterback, and it never really recovered from there.

I mean, people who are scared of losing nagys system, what the hell are you scared of losing?

Go back and rewatch those playoffs.

Understand that with Foles in there, they tweaked some things to suit Foles, and then just had an incredible run of luck.

When they went back to Wentz and the system, it all fell apart. HMMMMM, WHO DOES THAT SOUND LIKE?

I've already seen this B movie horror show and don't want to see the sequel.
I am just talking about the information about changing the offensive system being really bad for a rookie/2nd year QB.

I would love to find a true offensive genius being the Bears next QB. However; a true offensive genius knows how to mix the old and the new to make an amazing system.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The problem here is the fallout. It's true that the eagles had an incredible run with the most unlikely head coach and quarterback, and it never really recovered from there.

I mean, people who are scared of losing nagys system, what the hell are you scared of losing?

Go back and rewatch those playoffs.

Understand that with Foles in there, they tweaked some things to suit Foles, and then just had an incredible run of luck.

When they went back to Wentz and the system, it all fell apart. HMMMMM, WHO DOES THAT SOUND LIKE?

I've already seen this B movie horror show and don't want to see the sequel.
I hope you skitter back to chibears reddit (and quoting them here again) before coming back as a 7th alt. Your takes are nauseating

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
But if the coordinator is any good he'll leave and be a head coach. Consistency is key we saw how Cutler struggled learning a new system every 2 years.
Nobody is coming for Lazor any time soon. If at some point teams come calling then it likely means JF has become big time and should be fine without him if he moves on by then.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
"from the first start to the second start and as we keep going it just keeps getting better"

Its almost as if once he started practicing full time with the first team hes improved quicker than he ever had. smdh

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wentz was the favorite for mvp before he got hurt that year. After that he was coming back from a bad injury and then got injured again. Foles did just enough against the best D in the league to win a playoff game. Even though til this day I believe if Jackson plays in that game Mr Arm Punt tosses at least 2 picks.

I’m not advocating for Pederson but he was a good HC and his offenses produced.

Which is why he was fired?

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Everyone thinks the grass is greener on the other side if Lazor does well he deserves to be in the mix. I know it's not as sexy of an idea as bringing in someone knew but he deserves a shot.

Pure Bears-induced Stockholm Syndrome by you. It cuts both ways.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which is why he was fired?
From what I understand he wanted Hurts and management/ownership wanted Wentz. They fired Pederson to appease Wentz and Wentz still wanted out. Then there was the whole tankgate incident when he pulled Hurts to play the backup in the last game last year when Philly was already eliminated from the playoff picture.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Im going to be honest here. Lazor is not doing anything that 90% of the league OCs don't do...

Lazor's claim to fame is that he is not calling a Nagy game. He also has Fields dropping dimes down the turf and Monty balling out....a lot of OCs look good with players doing that.....somehow Nagy finds a way to fuck up a wet dream.

Lazor isn't doing anything really special.

He's also doing max protect more

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
From what I understand he wanted Hurts and management/ownership wanted Wentz. They fired Pederson to appease Wentz and Wentz still wanted out. Then there was the whole tankgate incident when he pulled Hurts to play the backup in the last game last year when Philly was already eliminated from the playoff picture.

There is still an inherent risk.

Ask yourself why a super bowl winning head coach hasn't gotten another bite at the apple since being let go?

Sometimes the league knows....

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lazy is a product of Nagy's own stupidity as he always seems to take over playcalling just as the Bears play cupcakes.

He is better for Fields than Nagy but no point firing Nagy and having to still pay him while then increasing the salary of Lazor to be HC when you can simply keep everyone at a lower overall cost.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is still an inherent risk.

Ask yourself why a super bowl winning head coach hasn't gotten another bite at the apple since being let go?

Sometimes the league knows....
He was let go midway through the offseason last year after all vacancies were filled. He will get another shot more than likely.

Again I’m not advocating for Pederson just educating you on the circumstances.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
True. But would it be a wise move to get rid of solid but unspectacular in the hope of maybe finding something better? Given that the chance is usually small…
I don't think we are in jeopardy of Lazor leaving. If he does we get a new OC.