Bills have been calling around pursuing potential trade partners in the top ten draft

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
my price is both firsts, a second, and a fifth or they can shove the trade chart up their ass.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Assuming the Browns go QB with the first pick, The bills could just as easily trade up to 3,4,5 or 7. Why would they trade up to only 8?

This isn't obvious enough for you? Look at the point values of those picks. Its going to cost them an arm and a leg if they try to target the picks ahead of the Bears. Particularly if you're talking about those upper picks. Its a disparity of 800 points just between the 3rd pick and the 8th pick and that is without even taking into account how much harder they would tax the Bills knowing full on well that they would only be trading up to pick a quarterback. Try making some sense at least.

https://xer0hour.com/valuechart.png

valuechart.png

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This isn't obvious enough for you? Look at the point values of those picks. Its going to cost them an arm and a leg if they try to target the picks ahead of the Bears. Particularly if you're talking about those upper picks. Its a disparity of 800 points just between the 3rd pick and the 8th pick and that is without even taking into account how much harder they would tax the Bills knowing full on well that they would only be trading up to pick a quarterback. Try making some sense at least.

https://xer0hour.com/valuechart.png

valuechart.png

Except the chart you just used makes my point much better than it does yours. Polar Bear just said both 1sts and a third. Point Value of 1695. that puts it in between the Denver/NYJ picks. Even without the third, it is still in the NYJ/TB range.

All that is a mute point, if the QB the Bills want isn't still on the board. So unless the Bills have their eyes on Baker Mayfield (reports are they want Josh Allen or Rosen), why on Earth would they trade with the Bears at 8 when both the players they covet are long gone? Could very well be that the Bills give up more to move up, but the point remains it won't be with the Bears. At least not unless they sign Mike Glennon as an 18 million dollar smoke screen.......

Now, try to keep up.... ;)

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Trading our pick for the two Bills first rounders would be a good move. We could add a WR and Ridley would make more sense there than at 8 (maybe Kirk if he’s gone) whilst allowing us to fill another need with first round talent as well.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except the chart you just used makes my point much better than it does yours. Polar Bear just said both 1sts and a third. Point Value of 1695. that puts it in between the Denver/NYJ picks. Even without the third, it is still in the NYJ/TB range.

All that is a mute point, if the QB the Bills want isn't still on the board. So unless the Bills have their eyes on Baker Mayfield (reports are they want Josh Allen or Rosen), why on Earth would they trade with the Bears at 8 when both the players they covet are long gone? Could very well be that the Bills give up more to move up, but the point remains it won't be with the Bears. At least not unless they sign Mike Glennon as an 18 million dollar smoke screen.......

The prediction game is always interesting every year, last year some said Watson should be the first qb taken. When did he finally go 12? Different teams different grades not just qb but obviously all positions, and then FA pickups play a role, but that doesn't start until March. It's different every year, teams do the unexpected in the draft. So for you to be so smug as if you know who's going to go when is laughable.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Assuming the bills target is still on board at #8

Chi trades 1+2
Buf trades 1+1+2+2+3

They move up both rounds but pay the tax in the point system by doing so.

Gives pace 6 picks in top 101

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You been smoking Raskolnikov's stash haven't you? Why in the actual fuck would the Broncos or the Jets, two teams that need a quarterback, trade their pick away to a team that would draft a quarterback without taxing them heavily for foregoing their own QB pick to make that trade? Again. You're making zero sense.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
As much as I love the idea of making a deal with buffalo, FA is going to have a huge impact on this draft this year. There are enough FA QBs that teams may completely change predicted draft selections.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The more QB's that come off the board before the Bears pick, the better, because the Bears won't be drafting a QB and the talent pool at a position of need will be better. More reason not to trade down IMO.

This is True too ! Gonna be a great draft to watch this year ! Especially now that we have our QB

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Teams don't use the chart when moving up for a premium player in the top 10. That cost is usually much much higher. Take your chart and compare what the Griffin trade was for Washington, and for Julion Jones.

All in all, the Falcons sent the Browns a first-round pick (No. 27), a second-round pick (No. 59) and a fourth-round pick (No. 124) in 2011, and also chipped in the No. 1 pick in 2012 (No. 22) and their No. 4 pick in 2012 (No. 118).

They moved up 21 spots, from 27 to 6.

The Redskins gave 3 firsts and a second for a smaller move.

My price of both late firsts, a late second, and a 5th is not far off for the move they are looking for. Maybe it is even just a bit high...but for once we are not the desperate team in negotiations and argue from power. It could easily be reconciled by accepting just one first in 2018, but getting dips on their 2019 first...which knowing the bills, cutting Taylor and going with young QB's....omg I covet that first even more. Way more. They got lucky this year, imo. McCoy a year later. Our first request should be their 2019 first. lol.

I like the argument above, because it means we win if QB's get chosen, and we may win if QB's dont' and we can jump down for a big haul.

The absolute best thing for us would be to get Ridley at 20, an OLB or CB at 21, and more picks too.

If we end up going Ridley at 8 and overpay....fuck.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Assuming the Browns go QB with the first pick, The bills could just as easily trade up to 3,4,5 or 7. Why would they trade up to only 8?

They also have only around 34 mill in cap space, of which signing cousins would take up a hug chunk of that, plus some of their own FA they want to sign. By staying put, their projected rookie cap pool for 2018 would be 11 mil. I could easily see them trading down, acquiring Buffalo's two first round picks, thus saving them 3 mil, and then possibly even trading down once again with one of these picks. Of course, this is all based on speculation they sign Kirk Cousins. They have some hard choices to make this year.

You been smoking Raskolnikov's stash haven't you? Why in the actual fuck would the Broncos or the Jets, two teams that need a quarterback, trade their pick away to a team that would draft a quarterback without taxing them heavily for foregoing their own QB pick to make that trade? Again. You're making zero sense.

Again, try to keep up. jets Pick 6. show me where I said anything about trading up with the Jets....hmmmm???? Why would Denver trade...already addressed this as well.

Try again?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The prediction game is always interesting every year, last year some said Watson should be the first qb taken. When did he finally go 12? Different teams different grades not just qb but obviously all positions, and then FA pickups play a role, but that doesn't start until March. It's different every year, teams do the unexpected in the draft. So for you to be so smug as if you know who's going to go when is laughable.

LMAO, so, it's ok to have multiple threads predicting that the Bears will trade with the Bills, but not ok to predict it will never happen......got it. Why not just start a thread about the Bears trading Glennon to the Browns for both of their first round picks while were at it, because, well, everything is unpredictable.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm with you....

the odds of this playing out at #8 look low. From here...it is barely worth discussing these types of things. But we hash just about every angle and possiblity out here, nothing wrong with it.

Think of it this way....

the cost to move up higher than #8 will be prohibitive. If I can get Ridley at 20, plus a defender plus a second lets say...and maybe a swap of later picks to move up a little...damn...that is tempting.

The reason they call us is because the price at 4, 5, 6, and 7 was just too steep or not available. We are a known team not taking a QB at 8, so while doubtful, it for sure one of the scenarios to be aware of on draft day... if not them...maybe somebody does fall in love with Mayfield. Or maybe Rosen's personality does scare him from the top teams, but a desperate team decides they gotta have that arm.

Predicting how the draft will go is a fools game. To take the "under" or the doubtful side on this is accurate, just like any prediction to do with the draft ncOgnet has a 95%+ probability of being right by saying not going to happen. Bold move.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LMAO, so, it's ok to have multiple threads predicting that the Bears will trade with the Bills, but not ok to predict it will never happen......got it. Why not just start a thread about the Bears trading Glennon to the Browns for both of their first round picks while were at it, because, well, everything is unpredictable.

Won't happen.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get the Bills 2019 first!!! That is like stealing from the Nets.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

To claim it's unlikely but possible is reasonable but to claim it's impossible and wouldn't happen in a million years is just being immature.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To claim it's unlikely but possible is reasonable but to claim it's impossible and wouldn't happen in a million years is just being immature.

1) What do we know of Pace? I for sure would assess he is a critical thinker who will do what he thinks is best in any given situation, and until an offer is presented the future is not set for him. He will do what he thinks is best in the moment. With Ridley a known target it really makes a trade down desirable.

2) While not in "perfect" position, we are near to it if a couple other factors went our way.

I think the actual probability we trade down with the bills is somewhere between 2-20%, and I for one would die of glee if we could nab their 2019 first and they go with a rookie QB or the abomination "trick shot" master who is confident enough to throw 5 interceptions in a half. My god get that pick.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

No, putting words into someone else's mouth is immature..........

Would you give two firsts and a third for Baker Mayfield?

Come on man!