Bills have been calling around pursuing potential trade partners in the top ten draft

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No, putting words into someone else's mouth is immature..........

Would you give two firsts and a third for Baker Mayfield?

Come on man!

I didn't think Chiefs would give up the No. 27 overall pick, a third-round pick and their 2018 first-round selection to the Buffalo Bills to move up to No. 10 to select Patrick Mahomes but they did.

I'm still surprised they choose Patrick Mahomes at ten and DeShaun Watson didn't go until twelve

It won't be the Bears......

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if the bears trade number 8 and 39 (2nd)

and bills trade 21, 22 and 55 (2nd)

the numbers be in favor of da bears by 20 points according to da charts.. now this 20 points could be viewed as qb tax imo.... or bears would have to cough about the value of a mid to late 6th.. throwing in their early 6th would tip the scale in favor of da bills by about 4 points --- the equivalent of a late 7th..

going by qb tax.. bears could squeeze another 20 points by requesting the 53rd (2nd) instead of 55th (2nd).

also for da mockas and shit.. this is the chart i use to be usesed..

tells who owns what pick and gives da value

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=chi

if pace aint fuck pace, that 3rd would cums in handy dis yurr

That would be a fair trade.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I didn't think Chiefs would give up the No. 27 overall pick, a third-round pick and their 2018 first-round selection to the Buffalo Bills to move up to No. 10 to select Patrick Mahomes but they did.

I'm still surprised they choose Patrick Mahomes at ten and DeShaun Watson didn't go until twelve

But that arm is 24K MAGIC!!!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Assuming the Browns go QB with the first pick, The bills could just as easily trade up to 3,4,5 or 7. Why would they trade up to only 8?
So both 1's and 2's to Indy, Cle or Den is just as easy as both 1's to the Bears?

Except the chart you just used makes my point much better than it does yours. Polar Bear just said both 1sts and a third. Point Value of 1695. that puts it in between the Denver/NYJ picks. Even without the third, it is still in the NYJ/TB range.
Do you even follow the NFL draft? When was the last time a team traded in to the top 10 by giving equal value in trade to the trade partner?
I just asked Siri and she started laughing at me.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So both 1's and 2's to Indy, Cle or Den is just as easy as both 1's to the Bears?

Do you even follow the NFL draft? When was the last time a team traded in to the top 10 by giving equal value in trade to the trade partner?
I just asked Siri and she started laughing at me.

What point would it be for the Bills to trade with the Bears if the QB they want is already off the board? Where in my post did it say trading up with a team like indy might not involve additional draft capital.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What point would it be for the Bills to trade with the Bears if the QB they want is already off the board? Where in my post did it say trading up with a team like indy might not involve additional draft capital.
You are the one assuming the QB they want will be gone. If he is gone then they won't trade with the Bears. But you keep trying to make the point that there is no way Buff gives up their 2 1's for the Bears #8. If the guy they want is available at #8 the #21&#22 is a sensible asking price and likely the bare minimum asking price.
And you said that the 1695 point value of 21,22,96 is in the Den/TB which is 1700/1600. Ergo, you are suggesting that those would be the teams Buf targets to trade equal value with them.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are the one assuming the QB they want will be gone. If he is gone then they won't trade with the Bears. But you keep trying to make the point that there is no way Buff gives up their 2 1's for the Bears #8. If the guy they want is available at #8 the #21 is a sensible asking price and likely the bare minimum asking price.
And you said that the 1695 point value of 21,22,96 is in the Den/TB which is 1700/1600. Ergo, you are suggesting that those would be the teams Buf targets to trade equal value with them.

Argument has been consistent, Bills two firsts, while close in point value, won't get the job done, as the QB the bills want will be gone, and it's a bit expensive. Bears point value of 1500 compared to that of the Bills point value of 1580. For an additional 3rd of 4th round pick they could trade with Denver, into the fifth slot. Polar Bear throughout the two firsts and a third for the Bears pick.

If you want to make an argument based on if's, butt's, and nuts, and try to finagle a way for one of the top three QB's to fall to 8, then I will concede that it is possible for the Bills to consider the trade. However, the only QB available @ 8 will be Mayfield, and that is not who the Bills are interested in.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Argument has been consistent, Bills two firsts, while close in point value, won't get the job done, as the QB the bills want will be gone, and it's a bit expensive. Bears point value of 1500 compared to that of the Bills point value of 1580. For an additional 3rd of 4th round pick they could trade with Denver, into the fifth slot. Polar Bear throughout the two firsts and a third for the Bears pick.

If you want to make an argument based on if's, butt's, and nuts, and try to finagle a way for one of the top three QB's to fall to 8, then I will concede that it is possible for the Bills to consider the trade. However, the only QB available @ 8 will be Mayfield, and that is not who the Bills are interested in.
Any argument at this point is if's and but's, as neither you nor anyone knows exactly which QB the Bills may be interested in. Hell they may not know yet.

And your argument makes no sense. Just above you say the the Bears Bills trade won't get done because a) the QB they want won't be there ( your if, but, and nuts) and that the 80 point difference( actually 180 :1580-1400) is expensive, which actually isn't expensive to trade up.

Then to trump your already illogical argument when you go on to say they could trade with Den for an additional 3rd or 4th.
So you are saying Denver would give them the 5th overall with a trade value of 1700pts for a trade of 21,22, and either 96 or 117, a trade value of 1640 to 1696.

In what world does a team ask another to trade with them and give them better value to make that trade? Bills GM would have the biggest balls in the NFL to suggest that trade and would get a bronze statue if he could ever swing such a trade. Well, I guess he could hope Elway starts to have a sudden attack of CTE.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any argument at this point is if's and but's, as neither you nor anyone knows exactly which QB the Bills may be interested in. Hell they may not know yet.

And your argument makes no sense. Just above you say the the Bears Bills trade won't get done because a) the QB they want won't be there ( your if, but, and nuts) and that the 80 point difference( actually 180 :1580-1400) is expensive, which actually isn't expensive to trade up.

Then to trump your already illogical argument when you go on to say they could trade with Den for an additional 3rd or 4th.
So you are saying Denver would give them the 5th overall with a trade value of 1700pts for a trade of 21,22, and either 96 or 117, a trade value of 1640 to 1696.

In what world does a team ask another to trade with them and give them better value to make that trade? Bills GM would have the biggest balls in the NFL to suggest that trade and would get a bronze statue if he could ever swing such a trade. Well, I guess he could hope Elway starts to have a sudden attack of CTE.

It isn't going to happen. I will stick with my first post on this matter. End of story. Carry on with your pipe dream scenario.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get the Bills 2019 first!!! That is like stealing from the Nets.

I am going to bump this, because of how important it is.

In any trade with the bills, do not be glammorred by the two firsts in succession and the immediate reward, even if we have to throw in a second and adjust some things around, do not let them escape with that 2019 1st round pick.

That is the first priority. If Tyrod is gone, I believe that could be a top 5 pick sold to us at a late late first or early second value as picks a year away have less value.

I completely agree any draft trade scenario is doubtful at best, but I do believe we are in the business of trading down if it benefits us, and for the first time we are not bartering from desperation and needs. We can name our price, and they can miss their QB if they choose.

Of all the scenarios around the Bills to #8 makes as much sense as any, and with a move of that size we could absolutely demand 3 firsts if it was for a QB.

Get over the chart already, even Jimmy Johnson said it was bullocks and he made the fucking thing to his advantage, but with Ridley as a top target it makes total sense for us,

20 is a great spot for WR/CB.

8 is a better spot for OLB if we covet one, we should just take the pass rusher or LT maybe.

Pick 20, the Bills 2019 first if they are willing to gamble on themselves out of desperation, one of the seconds, and a mid round pick or swap of later rounds would do it for me.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Why? A lot of people had Mahomes ahead of Watson. He has a much better arm then Watson and a lot more for Andy Reid to work with.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really think it would be very unlikely for the Bills to trade up to #8. I think if they identify their guy and he is there at #4 you trade up with the Browns. If he is there after the Broncos and Jets passed on him then what team after the Jets pick would take a QB? Maybe the Bangles, but that would mean the Bills would trade up with the Dolphins or Raiders.

I mean Dolphins would have to say no, then Raiders would have to say no, and they 49ers would have to say no before calling the Bears. How likely is that?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really think it would be very unlikely for the Bills to trade up to #8. I think if they identify their guy and he is there at #4 you trade up with the Browns. If he is there after the Broncos and Jets passed on him then what team after the Jets pick would take a QB? Maybe the Bangles, but that would mean the Bills would trade up with the Dolphins or Raiders.

I mean Dolphins would have to say no, then Raiders would have to say no, and they 49ers would have to say no before calling the Bears. How likely is that?

Because the Dolphins, Raiders, and 49ers are not likely to take a top 10 QB. Dolphins maybe, don't know how Pace feels about Tannehill.

So really...all it takes is the Browns falling in love with a defender or o-line at #4.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I am going to bump this, because of how important it is.

In any trade with the bills, do not be glammorred by the two firsts in succession and the immediate reward, even if we have to throw in a second and adjust some things around, do not let them escape with that 2019 1st round pick.

That is the first priority. If Tyrod is gone, I believe that could be a top 5 pick sold to us at a late late first or early second value as picks a year away have less value.

I completely agree any draft trade scenario is doubtful at best, but I do believe we are in the business of trading down if it benefits us, and for the first time we are not bartering from desperation and needs. We can name our price, and they can miss their QB if they choose.

Of all the scenarios around the Bills to #8 makes as much sense as any, and with a move of that size we could absolutely demand 3 firsts if it was for a QB.

Get over the chart already, even Jimmy Johnson said it was bullocks and he made the fucking thing to his advantage, but with Ridley as a top target it makes total sense for us,

20 is a great spot for WR/CB.

8 is a better spot for OLB if we covet one, we should just take the pass rusher or LT maybe.

Pick 20, the Bills 2019 first if they are willing to gamble on themselves out of desperation, one of the seconds, and a mid round pick or swap of later rounds would do it for me.

you never know maybe if pace values the next draft more he will shoot for picks for next year rather then more picks this year. Its all about the scouts and what they think going forward. Its kind of like pace valued trubisky over waiting until this offseason for a qb makes me think he thought trubisky better then what this draft has to offer

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

the rumor if that they want to trade into the top 10, miami at 11 could select a qb, tannehill is the 2018 starter but he is by no means a franchise qb.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because the Dolphins, Raiders, and 49ers are not likely to take a top 10 QB. Dolphins maybe, don't know how Pace feels about Tannehill.

So really...all it takes is the Browns falling in love with a defender or o-line at #4.

Wait you lost me here... What exactly are you saying? Are you agree with me that it make no sense for the Bill to trade up to 8 since the Bucs @7 , Bears @8 , 49ers @9 ,Raiders @10, and Dolphins @11 would have almost -ZERO- chance of selecting a QB and the next team that may take a QB would be the 12 Bangles. The Bills would just trade with the Dolphins @11.

If the only QBs the Bills want are Rosen and or Darnold then their trade partner is the Browns at 1 or 4. It is very unlikely to think that the Bills would leapfrog the Bangles by 4 team that are not interested in QBs?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the rumor if that they want to trade into the top 10, miami at 11 could select a qb, tannehill is the 2018 starter but he is by no means a franchise qb.

There is a rumor that Miami wants a QB? hmmm do you have a link? Miami doesn't need a QB they need a OL, TE, LB, WR(if Landry leaves)

Tannehill last year he played completed 67% and had a 93.5 QBR. His contract is pretty low now that guys are going to break into the 30M per season barrier.
2018 19M
2019 21M
2020 19M

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Wait you lost me here... What exactly are you saying? Are you agree with me that it make no sense for the Bill to trade up to 8 since the Bucs @7 , Bears @8 , 49ers @9 ,Raiders @10, and Dolphins @11 would have almost -ZERO- chance of selecting a QB and the next team that may take a QB would be the 12 Bangles. The Bills would just trade with the Dolphins @11.

If the only QBs the Bills want are Rosen and or Darnold then their trade partner is the Browns at 1 or 4. It is very unlikely to think that the Bills would leapfrog the Bangles by 4 team that are not interested in QBs?

The reason is the same reason Pace traded up 1 spot last year....you never know who else is trying to trade up. The draft is basically a guessing game, and GM's are very aware that anything can happen. Chiefs last year are a good example. Better to overpay a little and get your guy, then to wait because you wanted a better deal.

So while teams after us may have no desire to take a qb, but the Bills might not be the only team looking to make a move, and means waiting may not save any draft capital, and run the risk of missing out on your guy altogether.

Likelier that they move above us, but every spot above us costs even more. Question is more about what they are willing to give up, and what the other teams are willing to accept. Difficult to say anything until after free agency. Should be much more clear after that.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It isn't going to happen. I will stick with my first post on this matter. End of story. Carry on with your pipe dream scenario.
I am not even arguing it is going to happen. Just that you are arguing it won't based on a complete lack of understanding of how first round trades work. Which is still true.