Status
Not open for further replies.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We are happy to leap over that extremely low bar you've set for us.
You know how hard it is to get David Cameron to raise it? :)

Seriously though It seems here that everyone it pretty even-keeled on what happened this year and what needs to happen next year. The O-boards just got really funny really fast with how numerous fans over there think that ditching Crawford for a 4-5M D-man and a 1-2M goalie will somehow fix the puck possession, overall Team D, and somehow make it as good as 2010 and 2013 where an AHL-level goalie could backstop them to a cup without even addressing how "star-reliant" the team is--especially since it was only a handful of stars--the rest were Meh. at best.

And that's not even taking trade partners and NMC's into consideration.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Kevin Dineen is getting some hc considerations but I don't think his odds are high to land one unless Ottawa wants to stay cheaper at hc

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kevin Dineen is getting some hc considerations but I don't think his odds are high to land one unless Ottawa wants to stay cheaper at hc

GREAT NEWS!!!! If he leaves we can get Kompon back since he was just fired!!!!

greg23

Liked Posts:
The more i wat pitt the more i scratch my head

How the f could we be so thin on d yet be willing to pull the plug on trevor daley so quick?

Guy plays 25-30 mins per night on pitt but we decided that scuderi then erhoff we better options then we're forced to use svedberg, gustafson and rundblad (or 2 of 3) in the playoffs?

He didnt look goof for the hawks but as a proven pro and scorer from thr blue line we should have given him more time (or all season)

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

How the f could we be so thin on d yet be willing to pull the plug on trevor daley so quick?

Guy plays 25-30 mins per night on pitt but we decided that scuderi then erhoff we better options then we're forced to use svedberg, gustafson and rundblad (or 2 of 3) in the playoffs?

He didnt look goof for the hawks but as a proven pro and scorer from thr blue line we should have given him more time (or all season)

Have to wonder why Q the Magnificent wasn't willing to coach the guy up and make him play his "system".

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't understand all the revisionist history with Daley. He never seemed to fit in here.

Plus he damn near gave up a 3-on-1 on the other way right before that GWG in OT by mishandling a puck in the slot and turning it over.

It seems like he's playing well in Pittsburgh. That does not mean he was going to play well here. Keep in mind that Richard Panik was a minor leaguer for Toronto before coming to the Hawks and finding himself on the top line with Toews and Kane.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand all the revisionist history with Daley. He never seemed to fit in here.

Plus he damn near gave up a 3-on-1 on the other way right before that GWG in OT by mishandling a puck in the slot and turning it over.

It seems like he's playing well in Pittsburgh. That does not mean he was going to play well here. Keep in mind that Richard Panik was a minor leaguer for Toronto before coming to the Hawks and finding himself on the top line with Toews and Kane.

I liked Panik's game, seems he should be back next season....he's cheap too

greg23

Liked Posts:

He didn't seem to fit

But

he had more potential to fit than scuderri (a truly awful fit); erhoff (a weak player), rundblad (from loaner to Europe to game R Savior on d?) or gustavson (may fit eventually but not this year)

The trade if daley for scuderi was really really bad as scuderi was a worse version of rosivald and a better fit in a kings style of game not the hawks game.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Scuderi also played 20+ mins a night for Pitt.. because they had and have little else and he did for the kings, so we'll that one went. He wasn't good for them, being better for them was their hope, it faltered and they dimly used him dragging down Doughtys ability.

The team immensely improved in games action and on d after Gus began playing in the wake of Daleys trade. There's no miscalculation there. To deny Gus was better on the Hawks than Daley was, even yes this year is mistaking some notion of what Daley was contributing.

And Daley hasn't been good in the d zone for Pitt either, he's had some brutal turnover fest games. He's just good in transitioning high.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You jest, but I'd fully expect that to happen should Dineen get a job.
Yeah, but Portland's poweplay sucked balls, like the 'hawks did with Kompon. I could see it happening but I hope it doesn't.

As an offensive-an, Daley is only useful when putting pucks in the net. He couldn't to that for us. For us he was just a Runblad that could actually skate.

The real problem is Daley would thrive if he was coupled with someone defensively responsible, like Hjammer (why that was never tried I have no clue). Compounding that issue is that we only had 2 players who played anything resembling decent defense this year, meaning that 1 pairing was going to be a liability.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I didn't get the desire for that then or now. It'd not make Daley better to do so it'd just make Hjammer worse or less valuable being removed from top units.

Oddly as much as Kompon is mocked how weird or poor at pp he was, his last 3 years in the nhl ac spot were SC win, SC win, and game 7 wcf loss.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Looks like the Blackhawks might be bringing another player over from the KHL. They are supposedly close to a deal with Michal Kempny who is known as one of the top D available from the KHL. Could be another guy who is given a chance to come in and earn a #5/6 spot on a cheap contract.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like the Blackhawks might be bringing another player over from the KHL. They are supposedly close to a deal with Michal Kempny who is known as one of the top D available from the KHL. Could be another guy who is given a chance to come in and earn a #5/6 spot on a cheap contract.

Cools! I'll have to research him.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Anyone else watching the world championships notice they are playing chelsea dagger when the US scores? Maybe they are playing it for all goals, i haven't noticed.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cools! I'll have to research him.

I had read a scout said he has top4 potential off the bat, think he has a similar style to Leddy

Status
Not open for further replies.