Blackhawks add former Kings assistant to coaching staff

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
You know what Ton... the more I think about it... the more I'm inclined to more believe the conspiracy theory that I am about to present... here for the first time. More original content for your site. You are welcome.

So, we all know the media is usually lips to cheek with the organization. Yet, somehow the moment this was announced, immediately they all came out critical of the hire and immediately linked it to Q. With as much as it has seemed they have toed the corporate line in the past, this seemed immediately out of place to me. I can only imagine that they've been given the go ahead to be critical of this hire and as it's been immediately linked to Q. This is basically just setting them all up to fail and giving them all the excuses they need going forward to fire Q and keep their jobs if anything should go wrong. I mean... within an hour of the announcement we had all basically come to the same conclusion that this is a Q hire, the guy is not good on the powerplay, and this puts all the pressure in the world on Q to succeed. I mean... this seems like a very precise succinct message that isn't even the hardest thing to pull off... RE: QO's...

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know what Ton... the more I think about it... the more I'm inclined to more believe the conspiracy theory that I am about to present... here for the first time. More original content for your site. You are welcome.

So, we all know the media is usually lips to cheek with the organization. Yet, somehow the moment this was announced, immediately they all came out critical of the hire and immediately linked it to Q. With as much as it has seemed they have toed the corporate line in the past, this seemed immediately out of place to me. I can only imagine that they've been given the go ahead to be critical of this hire and as it's been immediately linked to Q. This is basically just setting them all up to fail and giving them all the excuses they need going forward to fire Q and keep their jobs if anything should go wrong. I mean... within an hour of the announcement we had all basically come to the same conclusion that this is a Q hire, the guy is not good on the powerplay, and this puts all the pressure in the world on Q to succeed. I mean... this seems like a very precise succinct message that isn't even the hardest thing to pull off... RE: QO's...

conspiracy.jpg

Duuuuude, while heavy on the theory of subterfuge, I can dig where your thoughts be coming from man.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Wanna borrow the hat? It might be a little too small but you can also just reach me on my radio handle if you want to chat about it: Haywood Jablome.

R K

Q won the power struggle. It's his season to fail. He hired someone he's "friends with" to fill the position. Should be absolutely no surprise to anyone.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Q won the power struggle. It's his season to fail. He hired someone he's "friends with" to fill the position. Should be absolutely no surprise to anyone.

He's in control of the ship. We just have to wait and see if he's Admiral Spruance, or Capt. Hazelwood.

Lampshade_gurl

Liked Posts:
If the Hawks don't make a long playoff run come this season.....can we fire all 3?????

Thanks!

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
The LA writers were calling for Bernier at the beginning of the season to play more than Quick...

R K

I can't find one good comment about this guy from anywhere. He's perfect!

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
It's no surprise that Q stayed within his safety net to hire this guy. He isn't going to hire anyone who would stick around if he got fired. This is another Q lackey, just like Kitchen. The onus is entirely on the coaching staff(or lack there of) this coming season. If the Hawks falter, they are cleaning house. They gave Q complete power to hire whoever he wanted, and this is the best option he could find? A guy that pretty much nobody respects as a good coach? A guy that wasn't brought back by a team that JUST WON THE CUP? A guy who is known to be bad with offense and the power play? I have looked all over for information on this guy, and he's pretty much just as well respected as Kitchen amongst the teams he previously coached for. Seriously Q?
<

To me, the biggest tell in this, regardless of anyone else's opinion, is LA not signing him again. They let him walk, after their team just won a cup. Obviously they don't think very highly of him in the organization.

R K

Sorry he wasn't a Sutter guy, of course he was leaving. Surprised he didn't leave after Sutter was hired but it was probably more not to rock the boat even more.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
And just goes to show once again how weak our GM is. You can call out Q all you want but a coach shouldn't have this much power over a GM ever!!! That too me says Stan is a fucking nightmare and a carpet who is easily walked over. Pretty clear that Stan is the problem with this club and whoever is pulling on his strings.

If this is Stan and the boys club way of getting Q fired then that also shows how fucking mentally challenged they are at the head office. Just fire him for fuck sakes if you want to fire him. Any GM or front office with a set of balls would have just done it without playing these games.

Am I the only one that gets it? If this is some huge conspiracy and they have to stoop to that then our head office is the weakest one ever in pro sports. That and they just flat out fucking suck at their jobs.

No way Q should have hired this guy and no way our GM head office and ownership should have accepted it....which they HAVE to do. There is also no reason as to why Gauthier was hired by the front office either. This is a fucking gong show. I don't want to be part of a club that has to resort to nonsense if all they want is to fire a coach...JUST FIRE THE FUCKING COACH!!

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Sometimes I think you only reply to posts to disagree with me in some way or another. The point is, he wasn't brought back to the Kings because he sucks. They are bringing back John Stevens, aren't they? That's because he's actually a good coach. John Stevens isn't a Sutter guy either.

R K

I didn't disagree with you in only the fact his writing was on the wall when they fired the head coach and hired Sutter.

As far as John Stevens that I'll disagree with you on. LOL

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I am not understanding why you keep referring to the fact that the media and everyone else is "linking" the hiring to Q. This is what Stan and Q said would happen after Havi got fired---they stated quite explicitly to the public that Q would have full discretion to pick his own Asst. and that this would be the first time that he's had say-so in who both his Assts. are since being named HC. This is what Q wanted (heh. . .suckah). This is why he had been the only person the media was asking about Asst. updates for all summer until today. Of course this hiring is all on Q.

In the same way Sutter got rid of Kampon so he could name his own Asst. This is par for the NHL course but I would also add that's it's par for the course for new GMs to be able to name their own HCs too---they're not often forced to have to keep a former regime's HC. . .thus our current power shenanigans.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
And just goes to show once again how weak our GM is. You can call out Q all you want but a coach shouldn't have this much power over a GM ever!!! That too me says Stan is a fucking nightmare and a carpet who is easily walked over. Pretty clear that Stan is the problem with this club and whoever is pulling on his strings.

If this is Stan and the boys club way of getting Q fired then that also shows how fucking mentally challenged they are at the head office. Just fire him for fuck sakes if you want to fire him. Any GM or front office with a set of balls would have just done it without playing these games.

Am I the only one that gets it? If this is some huge conspiracy and they have to stoop to that then our head office is the weakest one ever in pro sports. That and they just flat out fucking suck at their jobs.

No way Q should have hired this guy and no way our GM head office and ownership should have accepted it....which they HAVE to do. There is also no reason as to why Gauthier was hired buy the front office either. This is a fucking gong show. I don't want to be part of a club that has to resort to nonsense if all they want is to fire a coach...JUST FIRE THE FUCKING COACH!!

They've giving him the rope to hang himself with. Q is still under contract, and I'm sure they don't feel like paying him big money to not coach the team. I'm sure one of the big arguments Q had at the end of the season was the dissent amongst the coaching staff and the whole Barry Smith ordeal. Well, now, he has no excuse. The coaching staff is entirely his, so if they struggle, it is obvious who the problem is.

R K

No way Q should have hired this guy and no way our GM head office and ownership should have accepted it....which they HAVE to do. There is also no reason as to why Gauthier was hired by the front office either. This is a fucking gong show. I don't want to be part of a club that has to resort to nonsense if all they want is to fire a coach...JUST FIRE THE FUCKING COACH!!

See, Stan said this is what they were going to do long ago. They were going to allow Q to sink or swim on his own choice. Haviland was Stans guy and Stan lost the power struggle because Q threatened to leave if he didn't control his coaching staff.

I have zero problem with that. It's his coaching staff and the GM should stay out of it. If they fail then we'll see if Stan is a pawn or not because he should fire the entire lot.

Stan should be working on improving this team on the fucking ICE! That's where he's failing right now!

R K

I am not understanding why you keep referring to the fact that the media and everyone else is "linking" the hiring to Q. This is what Stan and Q said would happen after Havi got fired---they stated quite explicitly to the public that Q would have full discretion to pick his own Asst. and that this would be the first time that he's had say-so in who both his Assts. are since being named HC. This is what Q wanted (heh. . .suckah). This is why he had been the only person the media was asking about Asst. updates for all summer until today. Of course this hiring is all on Q.

In the same way Sutter got rid of Kampon so he could name his own Asst. This is par for the NHL course but I would also add that's it's par for the course for new GMs to be able to name their own HCs too---they're not often forced to have to keep a former regime's HC. . .thus our current power shenanigans.

Holy shit! I was typing that same exact point as you were. FUCKING FREAKY!!

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They've giving him the rope to hang himself with. Q is still under contract, and I'm sure they don't feel like paying him bog money to not coach the team. I'm sure one of the big arguments Q had at the end of the season was the dissent amongst the coaching staff and the whole Barry Smith ordeal. Well, now, he has no excuse. The coaching staff is entirely his, so if they struggle, it is obvious who the problem is.

BINGO! As I have maintained all along. Whatever power struggle Q supposedly "won" with the FO is highly tenuous and conditional. This mo-fo hasn't "outsmarted" the Bowmans, LOL. It's a genius win-win situation for the so-called Bowman "camp"---Hawks do well underQ's coaching staff and whatever Q's coaching systems are this season and win and the entire organization wins including fans. Hawks grossly underperform with a star-studded roster again (barring catastrophic man games loss to injuries natch) and Q and his staff get to steppin'. I still maintain that Stan orig. wanted to get rid of Q right after the season but was eventually overruled IMO because after all folks like to believe in the whole Q is a HoF coach, Q gets more time because of the 2010 SC win memes. So this noose laying is Plan B when Rocky and McD have momentarily tied your HC hands.

Ton

Liked Posts:
It's no surprise that Q stayed within his safety net to hire this guy. He isn't going to hire anyone who would stick around if he got fired. This is another Q lackey, just like Kitchen. The onus is entirely on the coaching staff(or lack there of) this coming season. If the Hawks falter, they are cleaning house. They gave Q complete power to hire whoever he wanted, and this is the best option he could find? A guy that pretty much nobody respects as a good coach? A guy that wasn't brought back by a team that JUST WON THE CUP? A guy who is known to be bad with offense and the power play? I have looked all over for information on this guy, and he's pretty much just as well respected as Kitchen amongst the teams he previously coached for. Seriously Q?
<

To me, the biggest tell in this, regardless of anyone else's opinion, is LA not signing him again. They let him walk, after their team just won a cup. Obviously they don't think very highly of him in the organization.

According to who? LA's power-play was 17th in 2012 (17.0%), 21st in 2011 (16.2%), 7th in the NHL in 2010 (20.8%), 14th in 2009 (19.2%)

With the exception of 2011, each of those percentages were far better than anything the Blackhawks put together. Anything between 17-20% seems to be a pretty decent production rate. Anything above that is top 5.

R K

BINGO! As I have maintained all along. Whatever power struggle Q supposedly "won" with the FO is highly tenuous and conditional. This mo-fo hasn't "outsmarted" the Bowmans, LOL. It's a genius win-win situation for the so-called Bowman "camp"---Hawks do well underQ's coaching staff and whatever Q's coaching systems are this season and win and the entire organization wins including fans. Hawks grossly underperform with a star-studded roster again (barring catastrophic man games loss to injuries natch) and Q and his staff get to steppin'. I still maintain that Stan orig. wanted to get rid of Q right after the season but was eventually overruled IMO because after all folks like to believe in the whole Q is a HoF coach, Q gets more time because of the 2010 SC win memes. So this noose laying is Plan B when Rocky and McD have momentarily tied your HC hands.

It's pretty clear the power struggle was going on during the last 1/4 of the season with the implementation of Smith. Until Q got fed up and kicked him off his ice, and ironically he also stopped traveling with the team. The GM needs to be the GM. The Coaching Staff needs to Coach.

The disfunctionality is gross in this Organization. There was some of that same disfunctionality with Tallon in his early years, but he learned to be a good GM. I go back to him "making" Aucoin be Captain when he clearly didn't want the job. Sometimes the GM learns and guess what, Tallon did. Stan has not the experience Dale had in his pinky.