Time to win the next 4.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This league is an embarrassment to pro sports.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
If that happens, then its more NHL bullshit. The hit was no different than this one and the on the video didn't even draw a minor penalty.

[video=youtube;zgIgat2GBRI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgIgat2GBRI[/video]

The main point of contact is the huge difference here. My opinion on the Orpik hit was that it should have been a 2 minute charging for leaving his feet. Nothing more, nothing less. They got the Seabrook call right, just have to see what the league hands down now.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks Obama

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I hate being right about this shit.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fucking sucks

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ugh sigh.

Fuck. Just............ Fuck

Don't even know. Just don't even fucking know

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Personally I think if you give up a goal in the last 30 seconds of regulation to tie - more times then not you are not going to win in OT.

It is a rough series, but ... well, it isn't over .... it is every bit as close as last season's finals ... but, there seems to be an intangible missing ... mainly last year - it was an unbelievable staying power - those guys came back from things that most teams in most sports never could have --- so judging this seasons' team against last season is a little unfair. Last season's was *that* good.

Last edited:

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Hope DMelt gets out of there in one piece.

WTF was Seabrooke thinking?...that was a Dick Butkus hit on national television.

And was not even necessary, Hawks had already responded to the Blues tactics.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Take the blinders off, Seabs is getting a deserved suspension.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did I mention fuck already? :rage:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Personally I think if you give up a goal in the last 30 seconds of regulation to tie - more times then not you are going to win in OT.

It is a rough series, but ... well, it isn't over .... it is every bit as close as last season's finals ... but, there seems to be an intangible missing ... mainly last year - it was an unbelievable staying power - those guys came back from things that most teams in most sports never could have --- so judging this seasons' team against last season is a little unfair. Last season's was *that* good.

Agreed. Getting 100 points is nothing to be ashamed of. Just hope they can reload and not be afraid of retooling in the offseason.

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
Guessing Brent will be gone for 2 to 3 games.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Once again, great to see so many people in an IGT. Hoping to join up with one this week.

I have never seen a team get so lucky in crunch time.

Hawks had a similar series of events in the series with Phoenix two years ago. I believe they forced OT in the final minute twice in that 5-game series.

You must of missed game one and the first half of this game when every stl player was heat seeking our players. Then we got pissed, they couldn't take it from us either could the refs!

say what you want but STL wanted to play rough, we played rough and the bitches cannot take it now.

Thats what I saw!

While I don't doubt that the Blues were "heat-seeking" Hawks on the ice, they never connected in a way that Seabrook did.

He didn't leave his skates...He didn't launch...he led w/ the shoulder, but the Blues have done that at least 3x this series w/ nothing being called..and Seabs is tossed. just stupid.

I was going to respond to yours but HawkWriter pretty much hits the nail on the head with this post:

The main point of contact is the huge difference here. My opinion on the Orpik hit was that it should have been a 2 minute charging for leaving his feet. Nothing more, nothing less. They got the Seabrook call right, just have to see what the league hands down now.

The only thing I don't understand is how in the fuck does Alex Steen not get a fight instigator penalty? He skated to Seabrook, dropped his gloves, and started throwing punches before Seabrook even looked at him. I hate that rule but it's there and has to be enforced. If the Blackhawks can be shorthanded after the Torres/Hossa incident a few years back, certainly Steen is worthy of a 2-minute penalty there.

Personally I think if you give up a goal in the last 30 seconds of regulation to tie - more times then not you are not going to win in OT.

Couldn't agree more with all of your points here.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hope DMelt gets out of there in one piece.

For the moments immediately following the Seabrook hit on Backes, there was a lot of anger in the air in that building. It's like I could feel the hatred coming from all the St. Louis fans. There was a decent contingent of Hawks fans in a few sections, but the group I was with (5 in all) were pretty much on our own. I was expecting to get a beer poured on me or something as all that was going down. Nothing happened though.

Didn't hang around too long as the game ended. Most of the Hawks fans were the first ones to the exits, as you could probably imagine. Lots of heckling throughout town as we were leaving, but nothing too crazy.

The most ridiculous thing that happened was the kid right in front of us. After the game-tying and game-winning goals, this 10-year old turned around and kept yelling "SUCK IT!" to me and my buddies while his mom cheered him on. I was too dumbfounded to come up with a response.

That and the place was so loud they probably wouldn't have heard me anyway.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Oh, and Bickell's not getting suspended. Dumb/stupid/dirty play? Definitely. Not suspension-worthy. Nice try Joe.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
One more thought: is anyone else unimpressed by Ryan Miller's play in this series? The last thing I'm worried about right now is the Hawks' getting pucks past him.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the moments immediately following the Seabrook hit on Backes, there was a lot of anger in the air in that building. It's like I could feel the hatred coming from all the St. Louis fans. There was a decent contingent of Hawks fans in a few sections, but the group I was with (5 in all) were pretty much on our own. I was expecting to get a beer poured on me or something as all that was going down. Nothing happened though.

Didn't hang around too long as the game ended. Most of the Hawks fans were the first ones to the exits, as you could probably imagine. Lots of heckling throughout town as we were leaving, but nothing too crazy.

The most ridiculous thing that happened was the kid right in front of us. After the game-tying and game-winning goals, this 10-year old turned around and kept yelling "SUCK IT!" to me and my buddies while his mom cheered him on. I was too dumbfounded to come up with a response.

That and the place was so loud they probably wouldn't have heard me anyway.

That's St Louis for ya

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
" Quote Originally Posted by The Bringer View Post
I have never seen a team get so lucky in crunch time."

Rewatch the last minute and a half of Game 6 of the Finals last season. I have never seen that happen at any level of hockey I have watched.... ever. And especially not one where a team won a Stanley Cup out of it.