BLACKHAWKS AT PENGUINS GDT - 6:30PM AT CONSOL ENERGY ARENA

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="224657" data-time="1396224391">
<div>

The numbers with Kane and without Kane are scary.  </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

They really are, I posted thinking that we shouldn't be to hurt without him...my god am I wrong. </p>

</p>

I am not understanding how the likes of Toews, Sharp, Hossa, Saad, Versteeg, Keith just stop putting the puck in the net with him out. The Pens have a star out every single night, for the past 4 years its been like that, yet they usually do not miss a beat. I guess you can blame that on coaching, but this seems beyond that. </p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="224670" data-time="1396233497">
<div>

Looks like the head was the principal point of contact.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

It was from what I saw. My problem with the hit is that he lined him up from the middle of the ice. Milbury is dead right about Orpik hitting to injure/eliminate the player. Its bullshit and the guy needs to be held accountable.</p>

</p>

I wish Thortons punch would have been with the glove off, maybe Orpik is out for the year then and this bullshit doesn't happen. </p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Doubt Shanny will get involved. Kind of surprised none of the Hawks went after Orpik though, especially with Toews being the victim of the hit. Kind of sad actually.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Cause had that been Crosby, for sure someone on the pens would of went over and tried roughing up the hitter. Doesn't mean provide your own ample cheap shot, just let Orpik know that that shit isn't going to fly.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="224670" data-time="1396233497">
<div>

Looks like the head was the principal point of contact.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Yeah, looked like his forearm hit his head. It looked like he left his feet too.</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="224674" data-time="1396237136">
<div>

Cause had that been Crosby, for sure someone on the pens would of went over and tried roughing up the hitter. Doesn't mean provide your own ample cheap shot, just let Orpik know that that shit isn't going to fly.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Hell yeah they would. It pissed me off no one reacted at all.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Why, it's almost as if people watched an entire era of hockey where retribution and vengeance of hits (clean and dirty)  went on and was allowed in each and every game and ignored the fact that they  still continued on to do the same shit regardless. In each and every game.</p>

</p>

Like in Shaw trying some stupid shit after the period because he was angry about no penalty being called. Look, no one has a time machine, okay? You can't go back and change things, no matter how bad it may have been. You risk putting your own team on a PK and/or escalating things way beyond that with dueling cheap shots from team to team.</p>

</p>

The Hawks have faced bullshit worse than this before and they've stood up to it in the the best possible way: by playing their game and beating them on the scoreboard. I mean, we've had the chance  to watch the single best possible example of that for years now, with proven results, and people still get pissy over this stupid shit.  To get distracted in trying to get retribution over whatever slight, real or imagined, is what those teams that play that style WANT you to do. Don't play into their hands. The Hawks have been doing that lately.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
hit was fine in my eyes. too bad it was on toews. it would be nice to see a hawk throw a hit like that every now and then. and this is coming from one of the biggest orpik haters in the world. the hits always seem worse when a fans team is on the end of it. magnified when its a star player on a fans team. fuck sakes the team needs a wake up call anyways. maybe is will be it. unless toews is seriously hurt then its a first round knock out call.</p>

</p>

. hope q isnt spewing shit saying the injury isnt serious. i think he said the same thing after the game when kane was hurt. </p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watching the replays from the various angles Orpik clearly left his feet and his elbow/fore arm made contact with JT's head. It also looked pretty obvious that boarding could have been called. I won't be surprised if Shannahan says or does nothing.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Given how far away from the boards he was and the impact of the hit, it should have been boarding. Ask far as him exploding up before the hit....if the league wants to reduce hits to the head, they need to stop that too because the chance of a head hit is greater that way.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Will Shannahan not comment on this play at all to reinforce the fact that no call was made on the play, thus making a statement that the right call was made on the ice. Move along nothing to see here.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="224677" data-time="1396243226">
<div>

hit was fine in my eyes. too bad it was on toews. it would be nice to see a hawk throw a hit like that every now and then. and this is coming from one of the biggest orpik haters in the world. the hits always seem worse when a fans team is on the end of it. magnified when its a star player on a fans team. fuck sakes the team needs a wake up call anyways. maybe is will be it. unless toews is seriously hurt then its a first round knock out call.</p>

</p>

. hope q isnt spewing shit saying the injury isnt serious. i think he said the same thing after the game when kane was hurt. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I have the same thought in the back of my head, Toews looked like his left arm was out of commission. Right now I am just hoping for the best. </p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You obviously havn't seen the replay angle showing the elbow/forearm to JTs head and Orpik leaving his feet because it is plain as day.WAAAWAAAA

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="224684" data-time="1396274495">
<div>

Clean hit, everyone stop crying.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Your a clean hit maaan.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="224686" data-time="1396277099">
<div>

PPPPAAAAAAAANNNNNIIIIIICCCC</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

At this point, yes, I am ready to panic. I knew the second I splurged on playoff tickets the season would flush down the tubes....typical. </p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="224674" data-time="1396237136">
<div>

Cause had that been Crosby, for sure someone on the pens would of went over and tried roughing up the hitter. Doesn't mean provide your own ample cheap shot, just let Orpik know that that shit isn't going to fly.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Hossa gave him a stern talking to.... This team is coached not to respond, so this doesn't surprise me at all.</p>

</p>

Once the Pens saw there would be no response, they were running EVERYONE. The Hawks were physically dominated last night. It was fucking embarrassing. Gutless. I'm surprised they didn't have 2-3 others leave the game injured with the hits they were taking.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I agree with Pez, the Pens upped the pressure via physical play and the Hawks never had a chance.

Again, I say you respond. Sitting back did nothing but allow the Pens to kick the shit out of them on the ice and scoreboard. Orpik got away with plastering your best player/captain, and the team acted as if they couldn't careless. It's not about evening the score, it's about showing up and coming together as a team with the thought of , "if you are going to come after our top guy, be prepared to defend your decision as we stick together". Yet, the Pens saw the opposite and picked up the physicality and were relentless because the Hawks said "go a head and hurt us, we will allow it".

The Pens ended up with both the physical and mental edge which resulted in the loss for the Hawks.