BLACKHAWKS AT PENGUINS GDT - 6:30PM AT CONSOL ENERGY ARENA

bierboy

Liked Posts:
No disciplinary action will be taken. Announced this morning.</p>

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="224671" data-time="1396234566">

It was from what I saw. My problem with the hit is that he lined him up from the middle of the ice. Milbury is dead right about Orpik hitting to injure/eliminate the player. Its bullshit and the guy needs to be held accountable.

I wish Thortons punch would have been with the glove off, maybe Orpik is out for the year then and this bullshit doesn't happen.
</p></blockquote>
The instigator penalty claims another victim.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="EspoForever" data-cid="224695" data-time="1396282117">
<div>

The instigator penalty claims another victim.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I blame the "active sticks!" bullshit this team has shoved down their throats constantly. Every once in a while, it's OK to respond with a physical presence and some nastiness. If not last night, when???? Seeing the Hawks curl up into the fetal position last night, I have zero faith in them getting out of the first round.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Bierboy" data-cid="224693" data-time="1396280709">

No disciplinary action will be taken. Announced this morning.</p></blockquote>

Can't say I'm surprised by that decision. Wasn't an illegal check. Or picks feet left the ice after contact.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Keep em coming guys, this thread is going to be gold a few weeks from now.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Obviously we saw what happens when they don't take action, ass kick on the scoreboard and on the ice.

At least had they stuck up for themselves they would of had that going for them. To do nothing just shows they are backing down and willing to take it.

Pretty much shows their effort and mentality the past week.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Talking about two different things. Again.

If Keith shoots one more slap shot into the shins of an opposing player a few feet in front of him, I have zero faith the Hawks get out of the first round.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="224710" data-time="1396295842">
<div>

If Keith shoots one more slap shot into the shins of an opposing player a few feet in front of him, I have zero faith the Hawks get out of the first round.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Well, with Duchene out for 4 weeks it means 2 things:</p>

</p>

1) McNabb will have no one to verbally fellate in the Avs games.</p>

</p>

2) It might have evened up the score a bit-assuming neither team tanks to wildcard.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="224674" data-time="1396237136">
<div>

Cause had that been Crosby, for sure someone on the pens would of went over and tried roughing up the hitter. Doesn't mean provide your own ample cheap shot, just let Orpik know that that shit isn't going to fly.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Shawn Thornton put Orpik in the hospital last time he laid someone out with a hit like that, which was also clean. Sure showed him.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Well it depends. How was Duchene hurt and what was his team's response?

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="224712" data-time="1396301067">

Shawn Thornton put Orpik in the hospital last time he laid someone out with a hit like that, which was also clean. Sure showed him.</p></blockquote>

Exactly.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well the Hawks have three days to stew on the loss.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
It's about the team not backing down and playing for each other. The Hawks showed that they were willing to lay down and take it from the Pens and in turn lost the game.

Hockey fans have gotten too soft and forget that it's a physical game played with aggression.

Orpik should of gotten roughed up, not cheap shotted but given a couple whacks, challenge his manhood, and see what happens. It's about showing up and the mentality it carries. Instead, the Hawks stayed away and acted as if that type of play was okay to them. That's the sad part.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
For me It's not about hitting back to injure a guy or to try and stop a guy like Orpik from laying out hits like that ever again. </p>

</p>

It's about hitting hard and often to get guys off their games, wear them down a little also and to gain puck possession from hitting guys off the puck. Why does that get lost in these debates about hitting? Why does it always have to go to the "hit back to send a message"? For fans of the physical game such as myself it's about hitting back to make the game harder on the other team. Hawks play so soft sometimes and yes virginia sometimes the skill level doesn't get the job done all by itself. We have seen the Hawks play amazing games in the playoffs when they not only use their skills but they also hit harder and more often. Never going to be a huge hitting team but the last few weeks I don't recall them hitting much at all. Where is Seabrook at these days? Where is Versteeg? Where is Shaw before the whistle blows? Where has Toews been before he got injured? Sharp? Kruger? Saad? on and on and on through the lineup. No one has been hitting at all. Morin was but I guess we didnt need him. TT even threw a couple nice hits the last few games but Q wants him "to shoot more" (which I dont disagree with by the way). Bickel was tossing a few before he got hurt again and damn Bickell I am sure is still mending two fucked up knees. What's the excuse for the other players?</p>

</p>

It does come down to how this team is being coached right now. Im going to agree with Pez on that one. And for a guy that emphasises defense first like Q always has? It's pretty damn amazing that he scratches guys that hit and check hard. Q has been an utter mess this season with his contradictions. </p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="224710" data-time="1396295842">
<div>

If Keith shoots one more slap shot into the shins of an opposing player a few feet in front of him, I have zero faith the Hawks get out of the first round.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

You just don't get it. Physical play has pretty much nothing to do with injuring guys. It has nothing to do with "revenge". It's about confidence and composure, and asserting yourself. Physicality in hockey goes back to the most primal of instincts. It's about one side trying to gain dominance over the other, mentally, and physically. The more a team can hit the other team without being challenged physically, the more confidence they have. Responding physically is about keeping the mental and emotional tide even. It's about not letting the other side get too much confidence and swagger. It's about trying to intimidate and not back down from intimidation....</p>

</p>

Most people that have played check hockey understand this. A lot of people that have never played understand this. You never will, apparently. You just don't understand the mental aspect of the game.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
They won't give a straight answer even if he's done for the season. I imagine we will hear "day to day" until the playoffs arrive.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Being a puck possession team, they will almost always be outhit. They will always be taking more physical punishment than they give out when it comes to that. That's how they play. But besides that and more to my point, to isolate this one incident here with Toews and say that your outlook on their chances in the playoffs hinged on that ONE single reaction, is utterly ridiculous, no matter what the incident was or who it involved. As it is with isolating any one single play and it's aftermath and basing an outlook off it. Especially considering in the aftermath of the Toews hit, the Hawks honestly controlled most of the flow of play throughout the rest of the game. It's just all this stupid dinosaur bullshit that will just never go away and will forever always be overreacted to.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="224722" data-time="1396311521">
<div>

They won't give a straight answer even if he's done for the season. I imagine we will hear "day to day" until the playoffs arrive.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I am assuming we will have a better idea of the severity come Thursday.</p>