Blackhawks @ Canucks IGT 3/27 at 7:00 p.m.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
6 games left, 2 against division rivals (Wild, Blues) that will make the play-offs and 1 against the Bruins. Do you sit some players those games? Particularly against the Blues?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
6 games left, 2 against division rivals (Wild, Blues) that will make the play-offs and 1 against the Bruins. Do you sit some players those games? Particularly against the Blues?

Why?
Positioning is still key with 6 games left and they have 43 ROW (Dallas 43, St.L 40), which is key for home ice.
Remember what happened last year?
Nashville loses 3 in a row, Chicago loses 4 in a row, barely holding onto 3rd. If Minny won one more game, their ROW would've pushed the Blackhawks into the WC1 slot.

That's why the NHL does this, save this year's Capitals, or teams like the 2013 Blackhawks. It creates the talk of matchups on a day to day basis and also forces teams not to rest certain players.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ladd and Fleischmann looking to be good deals by Stan. Like to see Fleischmann signed by the team for next year, too.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if Wino thinks that because the Blues have Reaves on the team is a reason to sit more valuable players when they match up against them in a regular season tilt (due to his nature of questionable play). If it is, I think it's silly. Players can be hurt at any time.
See: Patrick Kane against the Florida Panthers 2015.

If it's game 82 and it bears no outcome personally to the position of the Blackhawks, bring up half of Rockford and give them a go (a la last game of 2013).

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Up in Portland visiting my son and his wife. Gonna see the Blackhawks farm team up here in their play-offs. Look forward to it:)

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Up in Portland visiting my son and his wife. Gonna see the Blackhawks farm team up here in their play-offs. Look forward to it:)

The Portland Winterhawks are not a Blackhawks affiliate.
In fact, the matchup between them and the Everett Silvertips contain 0 Blackhawks prospects.

Last edited:

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Portland Winterhawks are not a Blackhawks affiliate.
In fact, the matchup between them and the Everett Silvertips contain 0 Blackhawks prospects.

Though every time I'm in Oregon, or meet someone from Oregon, and have my red Hawks cap with the Indian Head crest on it and they say "Winterhawks?", I say "sure," just to appease them or "Go Hawks!" (Occasionally I correct them).

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<facepalm>
Yeah, even though the 'hawks have had some Winterhawks through their system, like Labarbera, Klinkhamer, and of course Hossa, the only thing the clubs have to do with each other is the fact that the Blackhawks donated uniforms to the Winterhawks in 1976.

And if you have good eyesight, you can tell the difference in the logos.