Blackhawks @ Red Wings IGT 3/2 at 7:00 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
RIVALRY NIGHT!

seabrook.gif

39-20-5, 83 points, 1st place in Western Conference

@

taves_zps4dcfa2c4.gif

32-20-11, 75 points, 7th place in Eastern Conference

Puckdrop - 7:00 p.m.
TV - NBC Sports Network
Radio - WGN AM 720

Remember this rivalry? Remember getting up for every Hawks/Wings game because it was like the Hawks' Cup game that season? Remember their first playoff matchup in 2009, when a still-growing Hawks team couldn't quite upset the veteran Wings? Remember that 2013 series, when the Hawks sent the Wings packing to the Eastern Conference with a 3-1 series deficit reversal?

There certainly are parts of this rivalry that have lost its luster since Detroit was moved to a different conference, but there's still something extra in the air when the Indianhead squares off with the Winged Wheel. Original Six time.

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Two GIFs I'll add. First, if you missed this goal by Wings youngster Andreas Athanasiou, you'll want to see it. Guest cameos by three ex-Hawks in the video, too.

Athanasiou_goal.0.gif

And, of course, one of the best hockey GIFs ever:

y3mmkm0.0.gif

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
reeedd wiings? Seems to long ago I think I remember

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
The rivalry basically lasted from 2009-13.
The Wings owned the Hawks from 1996-2008, with a couple of odd seasons in there.

I expect the Hawks to win big tonight, 3-2.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I remember some folks being upset the Hawks didn't have to go through and beat the Red Wings in 2010

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I remember some folks being upset the Hawks didn't have to go through and beat the Red Wings in 2010

I was still terrified of the Wings in 2010, so them not having to face them didn't bother me.

But that 2013 Cup run was made infinitely more enjoyable by what they did to the Wings along the way.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was still terrified of the Wings in 2010, so them not having to face them didn't bother me.

But that 2013 Cup run was made infinitely more enjoyable by what they did to the Wings along the way.

And just as the Hawks finally got good, the Detroit douchebags flee to the eastern conf.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just win eh

Line combos are the same I assume?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
IT'S NUDIE MAGAZINE DAY!!!

oh and for anyone wondering, Weise's equipment is in Detroit in case the issues clear up in time.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

Yea...the Fire Q, Staff, Bowman, etc thread that happened in 2013 around here was pretty amazing.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
You hear correctly. Rozi scratched tonight, I'm assuming that's just a night off for him.

I know a lot of fans like to rag on Rozsival, but most people saw how important he was to the Blackhawks last year when he went down in the playoffs. He is a pretty damn solid #6 guy and maybe most importantly, Q trusts him. Q trusts him to eat up minutes which allow the top 3 guys to really be at their best. Hopefully the Blackhawks can put themselves in a good position down the stretch where players like Roz are afforded a day of rest here and there.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Crawford vs Mrazek in nets tonight. Mrazek has been nursing an injury and Howard played phenomenal against the Stars the other night, so I'm surprised to see Mrazek in nets for this one. Mrazek has certainly been the better of the two so far this year and is pretty much their starter at this point.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Rozi should be scratched, he's better off when he isn't playing every regular season game. He's been less than stellar lately compared to when he was swapping in and out for Scuderi staying good with #freshlegs working.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I predict a draw. Hawks have overtime advantages but no guarantees.

Should be a fair match. Rebuilding Detroit is probably an even match for us at home with 2 forwards out and others adjusting to playing together, plus Erhoff learning on the job.

Richards will score of course. Looking forward to a competitive match.

I hope we are beginning a home ice in the Western Playoffs point streak.