Blackhawks Shopping Sharp

Would you trade Patrick Sharp?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, I say we start creating rumors. It sure beats Chicago baseball. I'll start.....

I hear that Fisch is hitting on Patrick Sharp's wife and that's why they are trying to trade him.

chicago baseball? what is that? :)

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
HW may be on to something.

Just saw the guys from The Committed Indian answer a question on Twitter that they, too, have heard about some sort of falling out between Sharp and Kane.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
HW may be on to something.

Just saw the guys from The Committed Indian answer some questions on Twitter that they, too, have heard about some sort of falling out between Sharp and Kane.

the falling out has been widely known since danny mac and jay z brought it up the day after the hawks were eliminated. they mentioned other players as well who are annoyed with him. it has nothing to do with "cheating" on his wife.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
the falling out has been widely known since danny mac and jay z brought it up the day after the hawks were eliminated. they mentioned other players as well who are annoyed with him. it has nothing to do with "cheating" on his wife.

If it was so widely known how come no one's mentioned it here until now?

And that was only half of what HW posted. He also referenced the Sharp/Kane fallout. So he may have been half right. Which is more than most of us on this board.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If it was so widely known how come no one's mentioned it here until now?

And that was only half of what HW posted. He also referenced the Sharp/Kane fallout. So he may have been half right. Which is more than most of us on this board.

things like that mentioned on sports talk radio have to be taken with a grain of salt. players hate each other all over the place,in every league, and probably every team. if every single issue came out on every team, fans would go nuts. it is a problem when it becomes a problem.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the kane issue was also brought up and another player as well getting into it with sharp. if it becomes a problem and players cant get passed it than thats when you move guys.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
things like that mentioned on sports talk radio have to be taken with a grain of salt. players hate each other all over the place,in every league, and probably every team. if every single issue came out on every team, fans would go nuts. it is a problem when it becomes a problem.

I agree and most of the time, it's wildly overblown. Which is pretty much why sports talk radio has turned into more of sports gossip radio than anything else.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Hmmm....

Congratulations to @DuncanKeith on his 2nd Norris. Proud to call him a teammate for the last 9 years

Sharp tweeted that out last night. :thinking:

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I was looking through Sharp's Twitter and last year his mom went to a game in a Kane jersey.... Plot twist?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hmmm....

Congratulations to @DuncanKeith on his 2nd Norris. Proud to call him a teammate for the last 9 years

Sharp tweeted that out last night. :thinking:

Toews and Kane are obviously the foundation of this franchise, but the first roots of this current Hawks squad trace back to the 2005-06 season, which had Sharp, Keith and Seabrook together on a fucking atrocious Hawks squad.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/CHI/2006.html

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'd very much encourage all of you to read TCI's piece on Patrick Sharp today. It's pretty good.

Exit Interviews: Patrick Sharp

There's a rather thorough breakdown of his on-ice play, but there's also this part about the off-ice whispers:

Ah, but that’s not the whole story here. In my position, pretty regularly I get emails from people claiming to be in the know (and some genuinely are) letting me know about what they’ve heard about this guy or what’s going on with this injury and so on. I appreciate it of course, as I don’t really have any “insiders.” Most of it I dismiss out of hand. But when they start to pile up about the same things or incidents, you start to take notice. When you tap on some people who may be in the know and they say the same things, you take notice more. So I present the following not as truth but just as what I’ve heard repeatedly from a wide variety of people.

There are off-ice issues with Sharp. There may have been a physical altercation with a teammate (and a very important one). Let’s just say the image of Sharp as a wholesome family man with his two daughters is not an accurate picture. There may be other problems. Of course, I find that second one kind of hilarious because the Hawks didn’t exactly halt, and even accelerated, that whole reputation Sharp has as the best looking athlete in town. “Look at how dangerous this tiger is! And now we’re shocked that it’s eating people!”

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The more I think about it...while Sharp may have one or two good years left....I'd rather be on the side that gets rid of him early vs waiting until its too late.

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
The more I think about it...while Sharp may have one or two good years left....I'd rather be on the side that gets rid of him early vs waiting until its too late.

Hit the nail on the head.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I'd very much encourage all of you to read TCI's piece on Patrick Sharp today. It's pretty good.

Exit Interviews: Patrick Sharp

There's a rather thorough breakdown of his on-ice play, but there's also this part about the off-ice whispers:

Did TCI give their source? Otherwerise, they should have said nothing. I vote to close this thread.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

Can't you say that about just about every player though? In my eyes, it is going to be really hard to replace Sharp and get that value back in a trade. Sometimes, it is worth the risk to let things ride and keep a good thing going, even if it ends up with him declining slightly or leaving via free agency sometimes.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did TCI give their source? Otherwerise, they should have said nothing. I vote to close this thread.

Great point. His wife must just love hearing this kind of innuendo being spread around plus he's got two tots at home. If it's a fact, then validate it and print it....otherwise these assholes who run Blogs should just STFU.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Great point. His wife must just love hearing this kind of innuendo being spread around plus he's got two tots at home. If it's a fact, then validate it and print it....otherwise these assholes who run Blogs should just STFU.

I think HW was being sarcastic.

And the TCI cited its source:

I get emails from people claiming to be in the know (and some genuinely are) letting me know about what they’ve heard about this guy or what’s going on with this injury and so on. I appreciate it of course, as I don’t really have any “insiders.” Most of it I dismiss out of hand. But when they start to pile up about the same things or incidents, you start to take notice. When you tap on some people who may be in the know and they say the same things, you take notice more. So I present the following not as truth but just as what I’ve heard repeatedly from a wide variety of people.

Whether or not you want to believe it is up to you.