Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I thought the same. Brookbank was not the weak link that I thought he'd be.

On a side note, Hossa needs to start playing better.
I think Hossa's playing alright, he just needs one play to get rolling IMO.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
DMelt might be on to something about the forwards cherry picking in the neutral zone. I don't think the Hawks were trying lay back and protect but the problem was that the 3rd period usually requires shorter shifts. I think I counted 15 or 16 shifts were all they did was try to clear the zone and by the time they did, it was time to change. They need at least one more forward in to be the trigger man....someone for the dmen to pass it too instead of always trying to bang it off the boards. I think they'll see that on film and address it. It made them look tired or not aggressive which I don't think is the case.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DMelt might be on to something about the forwards cherry picking in the neutral zone. I don't think the Hawks were trying lay back and protect but the problem was that the 3rd period usually requires shorter shifts. I think I counted 15 or 16 shifts were all they did was try to clear the zone and by the time they did, it was time to change. They need at least one more forward in to be the trigger man....someone for the dmen to pass it too instead of always trying to bang it off the boards. I think they'll see that on film and address it. It made them look tired or not aggressive which I don't think is the case.

I took it as enduring determination. They seemed resigned to accepting a bit of retaliation abuse but were determined to play disciplined and keep to their game. They didn't try to get drawn into the brawl again, and their 1 goal lead allowed them to sit back.

We came out I thought in our killer lineup, which is what I have seen whenever our backs are to the wall.

Toews, Bickell, Kaner and Saad, Sharp, Hossa I swear we changed back after we had the lead and this follows with my theory that the Hawks disguise their top line formations until they are cornered and in desperate need of a goal. I don't know, probably reading too much into it or noticing line changes that were incomplte and temporary. idk

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the issue has to do with the Hawks forwards, though. They're not coming back far enough to help alleviate the pressure from the Blues forecheck. They're hanging out in the neutral zone expecting a long stretch pass to break them out, but it's not getting there because the D-men don't have enough time to find them open. The Hawks have had multiple stretches where this happens.

There were a few plays where the Hawks C would come back between the faceoff circles, as he's supposed to, the D-man would hit him with a quick pass, and the Hawks would start flying up ice in the opposite direction. It didn't happen enough.

I actually thought Brookbank played a pretty damn good game.

He did.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I took it as enduring determination. They seemed resigned to accepting a bit of retaliation abuse but were determined to play disciplined and keep to their game. They didn't try to get drawn into the brawl again, and their 1 goal lead allowed them to sit back.

We came out I thought in our killer lineup, which is what I have seen whenever our backs are to the wall.

Toews, Bickell, Kaner and Saad, Sharp, Hossa I swear we changed back after we had the lead and this follows with my theory that the Hawks disguise their top line formations until they are cornered and in desperate need of a goal. I don't know, probably reading too much into it or noticing line changes that were incomplte and temporary. idk

How'd that work for them in the first two games though?

The Hawks don't sit back. That's not their style. And they're not good when they play a style uncommon to them.

patg006

Liked Posts:
They're hanging out in the neutral zone expecting a long stretch pass to break them out,

Havent watched the Hawks much during the regular season and don't remember them trying this as much in the regular season match ups with the Blues, but they have been trying to hit that long home run pass all series long so far.

patg006

Liked Posts:
I also have a feeling we will see Backes back tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.