My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Bob Bradley fired as U.S. national team coach - SOCCER - Sporting News

In a surprising move Thursday, U.S. Soccer fired Bob Bradley as coach of the men's national team.

Bradley's job was thought to be on the line during the CONCACAF Gold Cup, but he led the U.S. team to the final, losing 4-2 to Mexico. He finishes with a 43-25-12 record in five years leading the U.S.

“We want to thank Bob Bradley for his service and dedication to U.S. Soccer during the past five years,” U.S. Soccer president Sunil Gulati said in a statement. “During his time as the head coach of our men’s national team, he led the team to a number of accomplishments, but we felt now was the right time for us to make a change. It is always hard to make these decisions, especially when it involves someone we respect as much as Bob. We wish him the best in his future endeavors.”

His most notable accomplishments as the coach are leading the U.S. to the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup title, finishing second in the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup and reaching the quarterfinals of the 2010 World Cup.

Gulati did not announce a successor.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
hes been a good coach, but i question some of the players hes called for the National team recently. Where was Edu in the Gold Cup Tournament?, Agudelo isnt ready for international play, Altidore is overrated IMO, Donovan and Dempsey are good but old. His son has a good touch but cant play defense. Johnson sucks, and the rest of the roster IDK who they are. Charlie Davies should be the face of the US Mens team. Good move by the US.

y2chae

Liked Posts:
Charlie Davies should be the face of the USMNT? Are you an idiot?

Good, but shocking move by US Soccer. I'd rather go for a "under the radar" tactical manager like Marcelo Bielsa. But it looks like it will be Klinsmann. Klinsmann's career since leaving Germany has been certainly underwhelming but he is an upgrade over Bradley at this point. I'm interested to know if he'll have full control of the program as he wanted in 2006 and last year which is why ultimately he didn't get hired either time.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
Charlie Davies should be the face of the USMNT? Are you an idiot?

Good, but shocking move by US Soccer. I'd rather go for a "under the radar" tactical manager like Marcelo Bielsa. But it looks like it will be Klinsmann. Klinsmann's career since leaving Germany has been certainly underwhelming but he is an upgrade over Bradley at this point. I'm interested to know if he'll have full control of the program as he wanted in 2006 and last year which is why ultimately he didn't get hired either time.

rj1usm.png

Davies has actually scored international goals, unlike Agudelo and has a creative flare that is seriously lacking in team USA. Before he got mangled in a car wreck he was poised to lead the US deep in the World Cup, had he not been in that car wreck he would be the face of US Mens soccer.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
rj1usm.png

Davies has actually scored international goals, unlike Agudelo and has a creative flare that is seriously lacking in team USA. Before he got mangled in a car wreck he was poised to lead the US deep in the World Cup, had he not been in that car wreck he would be the face of US Mens soccer.

Agree...Davies would be the poster boy right now...

Although, Agent E we should give this guy some slack...he is a Liverpool guy...:)

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
y2chae is a troll

wa2ejl.jpg

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
2dgro1t.png

then he doesnt know shit about soccer.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I do know that you can't use your hands. Unless, you're a goalie of course.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I do know that you can't use your hands. Unless, you're a goalie of course.

Or Thierry Henry...props if people pick up this reference

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
he screwed Ireland hardcore....handball of the century!

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i heard bob bradley wants to coach the women:shifty:

he's a big fan of abby wambach:smug:

y2chae

Liked Posts:
No I'm sorry but you guys are both morons. You can spout pipe dream "what if" scenarios if Davies wasn't an idiot and broke curfew to go joy riding with a drunk driver. I'm sure he'd be on Barca taking passes from Messi and tearing up La Liga. But that accident did happen. So for anyone to think Davies is the talent US Soccer needs to tie it's hopes to is plain stupid. The guy is just getting back his speed and he's scored 4 non penalty goals in 15 matches in MLS. An okay scoring clip, but lets also not forget MLS isn't exactly the highest level of competition. Also Davies is 25 and Juan Agudelo is 18. Does Agudelo need refinement in his game? Absolutely, but to compare the two is a bit pointless as they are in different stages of their career. Davies will eventually get another call up to the USMNT at some point, but he's also never going to the player he could have been and pining hopes on a 25 year old MLS player who is doing good but not great in the league is a bad idea.