Bosh not available this summer?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
dunkside.com wrote:
chi_hawks_23 wrote:
dunkside.com wrote:
I'm sick of hearing about Amare. Amare is at home nursing his eye injury and resting his microfractured knee, while Tyrus is hitting clutch jumpers against the defending champions and playing some defense of his own to boot.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin' ....

So if you could trade tyrus for amare straight up (ignoring salary implications), you would not do it?

NO !!

I know my answer is surprising so I'll give you a couple of minutes to recover from the shock :p

OK. Now, hear me out.
If your big man with a max contract doesn't play defense you won't win a title. Dirk couldn't lead his team to a title, Amare as well. And I doubt Bosh would, either.
I'd only offer a max contract to a very limited number of players, who I think can lead a team to a title: Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Howard, CP3. Kidd, Duncan and Shaq in their prime would make that list too. And soon Rose might be on that list. Each of them still needs at least another all star and a good support cast to win it all, but that is relatively easy to achieve. Far easier than getting together 3 superstars not too far removed from their prime, like Boston did.

So if I have to chose between paying max money to a guy who won't lead the team (not just in scoring, but set the tone in practice, lead by example, play hard on both ends of the floor and so on) and paying less than half of that for a guy who's decent/good at both ends of the floor, I'll pick the second guy.

Your superstar, your max money guy, has to be much more than just a good player. Look at AI - amazing player, tough, gives all on the court, yet his teams failed more often than they succeeded, and you can trace the reason to his lack of leadership.
I happen to disagree. No matter who we are able to bring in minus wade or bron, they will be the second best player on this team. Rose needs to control the ball and tempo like the other elite pg's do. Do you think Utah or NO are that good because of willimas and paul or West and Boozer? Paul and Williams make their bigs better, infact before their pg's got there they were lotto teams. We need to get Rose a sidekick he can run the pick and roll with and take some of the scoring pressure off. Having an elite defender like Duncan is good but I only see one young big in the league who is a good scorer and good defender and we aren't getting Dwight Howard. Bosh and AMare are good enough defenders not to hurt us and Noah is a defensive big anyway. We need a sidekick who can score efficently and not make rose do everything.

Manic Devourer

Liked Posts:
Lets hope that Rose bumps into Bosh sometime in the off-season and tries to sell him to the idea of joining the Bulls. Because with the way that Rose has developed so quickly, I can imagine Amar'e moping and sulking when the media gravitates towards Rose over Amar'e if he were to ever join the Bulls. He is a great talent, but also a great ego. But then again, I don't see Rose trying to fight Amar'e for attention so it shouldn't be a big issue.

I think Bosh and Rose combo would be the most ideal situation for the Bulls. Bosh is a really good second fiddle, and that is nothing against Bosh as most great teams in the NBA have usually 2 hall of fame players on their roster anyway.

An ideal situation is that Bosh and his agent asks to be traded to the Bulls, because he'll likely go to sign with us the year after next anyway. And that trading to any other team won't happen, because he won't sign an extension with them. Sure, it's a long shot, and by doing so, he'll burn plenty of bridges and crush his reputation and relations, but if we were to happen, I'd be ecstatic.

I'm really happy for Tyrus, but he'll never ever ever be as good as Bosh. Don't get me wrong, he deserves the praise that he has received from his play in the first game, but he will never be that consistent star player that Bosh is and will continue to be for another solid 5 years plus.

dunkside.com

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Bosh and AMare are good enough defenders not to hurt us and Noah is a defensive big anyway.

Bosh maybe. Amare by no means.
From what I saw the problem with him is not that he's getting beat by his own defender, but he ALMOST NEVER rotates to help. When you're facing a good team like the Spurs, if you don't rotate on defense you'll give up lots of 3s and/or layups. And if you want a title you'll have to beat at least one team as good as that.

Manic Devourer wrote:
I can imagine Amar'e moping and sulking when the media gravitates towards Rose over Amar'e if he were to ever join the Bulls. He is a great talent, but also a great ego.

That's the other thing that I worry about with Amare. He's an egomaniac. He keeps talking about how he wants to be "THE MAN", but if Rose's first playoff game is any indication, he's on his way to superstardom and if so, I'd rather have him be the alpha dog, not Amare, which of course wouldn't sit well with Amare if he was on the Bulls. And you don't want your max money man to pout and demand a trade 2 years after signing a max extension.

Let's not forget how he kinda threw D'Antoni under the buss last summer saying the team should focus more on D and now doing the same to Porter saying they needed to run. It really doesn't look good to me when he's quick to throw the blame around without taking any responsibility himself.

ryguy24

Liked Posts:

darius miles davis

Liked Posts:
charity stripe wrote:
Time to start thinking about Amare again.

Nah, that's just Colangelo being smart. A smart GM is going to try to wrap him up right now. As many predicted, the summer of 2010 will resolve itself in the summer of 2009. We'll have to see if Bosh wants to sign an extension. If he doesn't want to, that's when Toronto realizes now is the time to trade him before he walks in a year.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
My guess would be they will try to work out a contract extension, and if he doesn't bite, then they will trade him. That's how things worked with Shaq after the Lakers lost to the Pistons in the Finals. They couldn't come to an agreement on a contract extension, so the Lakers traded him.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
darius miles davis wrote:
charity stripe wrote:
Time to start thinking about Amare again.

Nah, that's just Colangelo being smart. A smart GM is going to try to wrap him up right now. As many predicted, the summer of 2010 will resolve itself in the summer of 2009. We'll have to see if Bosh wants to sign an extension. If he doesn't want to, that's when Toronto realizes now is the time to trade him before he walks in a year.
I just hope Bosh realizes that their are other teams willing to give him the same max extension if he gets traded. Uncle Jerry better cough up the $120 million for bosh as soon as his plane lands in Chicago.

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="217073" data-time="1387228763">
<div>

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/ec86786aae30</p>

</p>

Chalked full of links and supporting articles and documents.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

BUT THE CHINESE ARE COMING TO TAKE OUR FREEDOM FROM THE NSA!!!</p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
We have 5k M1s.....we dont need more, stop making them. We have plenty. Now lets take those five thousand tanks and beat up france or something. Bitch slap Germany around a bit, say it is was for WWII.</p>

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Governmental contracted civilian employees would be a good place to start.</p>

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="IceHogsFan" data-cid="217298" data-time="1387378624">
<div>

Governmental contracted civilian employees would be a good place to start.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Quiet you.  I like getting paid twice what I would normally make in the private sector.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Sorry TSD but I love your comment but have to agree. My cousin who is highly skilled and very indemand in his job re-enlisted or whatever it was a couple of times to do his job till finally he didn't and went private and they highered him back at as a civilian contractor for the same job at a much better rate. It's a little different here because there are only a handful or so people that do what he does but it's the same.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We all need to make sacrifices you 1% ers</p>